Reload this Page >

50,000 Mile UA Card back for Elites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50,000 Mile UA Card back for Elites

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2011, 8:05 pm

Wish they could offer a business card with this offer. The CSR said it is only for personal accounts.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Anyone have success getting the 50k bonus miles if they had previously had this card?
Anyone know how long it takes for the 50,000 bonus miles to post? Have yours posted yet?
One more data point:

I’ve had about 8 or 9 UA cards over the past 10 years with a total of almost 200,000 first use bonus miles. Mostly personal, 2 business. First 2 were with First USA and Bank One, all others with Chase. (At one time in 2006 I had 3 different Chase UA Visa cards, I had called and asked if I could have more than one account and they told me they’d love to give me one of each type of Visa card.) Most recent accounts were 3/08-11/08 and 3/09-1/10. I applied for the 50,000 mile card on-line in October 2010 and declined due to too many recent requests and too may recent new accounts. I called and explained how much I really wanted United miles, I mean a United card, and was approved within 2 minutes.

50,000 miles posted within 2 or 3 days of first statement closing date in December 2010. Miles (as indicated on statement) always post within 2 or 3 days of statement closing date, EQM (if earned) post one more closing date later.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 2:08 am

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Has anyone who is not targeted, just called up and said they sent my friend this great 50k mile offer, and I would really like the account if you can do that offer for me, also
Old Mar 7, 2011, 9:49 am

I'm not elite. Logged in, and I have the 30k miles offer, with annual fee waived for 1st year.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 10:45 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Anyone with an existing UA card had any luck getting any bonuses to either keep or upgrade? I've had mine for several years now.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 1:20 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
I'm not elite, very recent MP account, and I got targeted for a 50k card.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 5:43 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Plat
link gone

THe link has vanished....
Old Mar 8, 2011, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by johndeere19
I'm not elite, very recent MP account, and I got targeted for a 50k card.
My wife did too (via snail mail). Gonna sign her up for it and the OnePass 50K offer too.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 9:01 pm

Got the 50k offer with $95 annual fee. I am not a UA elite; in fact, I haven't flown with them in over a year.

Applied a couple months ago. Was denied due to "too many requests for credit" with Chase. (I had applied for and gotten the CO OnePass Plus card a couple months earlier; this was my only other Chase card ever.) Called the reconsideration number on the denial letter and was told that I could be approved for the UA card if I canceled the CO card. Seeing as I had already gotten the 50k bonus CO miles, I paused dramatically, sighed, and said, "Gee, I guess that's OK, if that's the only way."

Got the card in the mail a few days later, spent the $250, statement came in another week, and the 50k UA miles posted shortly thereafter.

Everything worked out perfectly! ^
Old Mar 21, 2011, 11:50 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
One more data point:

I’ve had about 8 or 9 UA cards over the past 10 years with a total of almost 200,000 first use bonus miles. Mostly personal, 2 business. First 2 were with First USA and Bank One, all others with Chase. (At one time in 2006 I had 3 different Chase UA Visa cards, I had called and asked if I could have more than one account and they told me they’d love to give me one of each type of Visa card.) Most recent accounts were 3/08-11/08 and 3/09-1/10. I applied for the 50,000 mile card on-line in October 2010 and declined due to too many recent requests and too may recent new accounts. I called and explained how much I really wanted United miles, I mean a United card, and was approved within 2 minutes.

50,000 miles posted within 2 or 3 days of first statement closing date in December 2010. Miles (as indicated on statement) always post within 2 or 3 days of statement closing date, EQM (if earned) post one more closing date later.
How are you able to keep getting first use bonus miles? I thought it was one-time only for each type of card? Or did I miss the fact that Chase United cards are churnable?

Speaking of which, how many types of cards are there now?? thatsaplus.com shows there are 3 personals and 1 business, I swear I saw 4 personals a while back. And also, how is it justifiable to get the $375 annual fee "Club" personal card? If that's not worth it, then really, one can only get a max of 3 first use bonuses with the remaining 2 personals and 1 business?

I'm new to United cards...
Old Mar 24, 2011, 6:56 am

Just as a heads-up, I am an existing MP member, and just received a targeted snail-mail offer for a Chase personal card that is for 50,000 miles after the first purchase, and annual fee of $60 waived for the first year (the link on the mailing is www.getmyunitedcard.com)
Old Mar 24, 2011, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
Just as a heads-up, I am an existing MP member, and just received a targeted snail-mail offer for a Chase personal card that is for 50,000 miles after the first purchase, and annual fee of $60 waived for the first year (the link on the mailing is www.getmyunitedcard.com)
Same here, just got it today.
I can't make up my mind if I should go for CO or United. CO seems a better choice given it will go away shortly, but this seems a great United offer from what I have seen in the past...
I wonder if this offer is just meant to replace CO offer, and we'll never see a CO offer again.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by booyaa
How are you able to keep getting first use bonus miles? I thought it was one-time only for each type of card? Or did I miss the fact that Chase United cards are churnable?
I don’t know, I got the cards and they gave me the miles. I was a bit of a churner for several years but thought the “jig was up” with the new laws of a few years ago and the fact that annual-fee-waived-first-year cards/offers went away for a while. Once I saw a free (for at least 1 year) card again in early 2008 I applied, almost on a whim, and got it. Same thing happened with the next applications.

FWIW, Chase seems fairly understanding of individual situations (at least for me), rather than numbers and credit scores. Clearly in my experience more so than CitiBank. In late Sept 2010 I applied on-line for a Chase UA card and was declined for “too much credit” and “too many recent applications” and “too many recent new accounts” (and I think the letter also said something about wearing white after Labor Day). I called and explained that I hadn’t had a United card for a while and really wanted one and was a long time Chase customer with an impeccable credit history and all their reasons for declining me were really not significant and the wearing of the white was most definitely a fashion faux-pas but it wouldn’t happen again and (as per the movie Airplane ) it wasn’t really important etc, etc and I was approved during that call after a 1-2 minute hold. In Dec 2010 I applied On-Line for a Chase Continental card and got “notification within 30 days” message. A few days later I called the same number as for the Chase UA card and said I expected to be declined for same reasons, blah, blah, blah, and again I was approved during that phone call after a 1-2 minute hold.

On the other hand, CitiBank declined me last year for “not being a first time AA cardholder” and just recently for “too much available credit” (which is now actually LESS than it was 2 years ago when they approved me for one of their cards). Both time I called and groveled at length politely and appropriately and both times I was told to go pound sand.

With Chase, it just may be that some degree of churning is still possible.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 2:33 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
I don’t know, I got the cards and they gave me the miles. I was a bit of a churner for several years but thought the “jig was up” with the new laws of a few years ago and the fact that annual-fee-waived-first-year cards/offers went away for a while. Once I saw a free (for at least 1 year) card again in early 2008 I applied, almost on a whim, and got it. Same thing happened with the next applications.

FWIW, Chase seems fairly understanding of individual situations (at least for me), rather than numbers and credit scores. Clearly in my experience more so than CitiBank. In late Sept 2010 I applied on-line for a Chase UA card and was declined for “too much credit” and “too many recent applications” and “too many recent new accounts” (and I think the letter also said something about wearing white after Labor Day). I called and explained that I hadn’t had a United card for a while and really wanted one and was a long time Chase customer with an impeccable credit history and all their reasons for declining me were really not significant and the wearing of the white was most definitely a fashion faux-pas but it wouldn’t happen again and (as per the movie Airplane ) it wasn’t really important etc, etc and I was approved during that call after a 1-2 minute hold. In Dec 2010 I applied On-Line for a Chase Continental card and got “notification within 30 days” message. A few days later I called the same number as for the Chase UA card and said I expected to be declined for same reasons, blah, blah, blah, and again I was approved during that phone call after a 1-2 minute hold.

On the other hand, CitiBank declined me last year for “not being a first time AA cardholder” and just recently for “too much available credit” (which is now actually LESS than it was 2 years ago when they approved me for one of their cards). Both time I called and groveled at length politely and appropriately and both times I was told to go pound sand.

With Chase, it just may be that some degree of churning is still possible.
Thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2011, 3:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by booyaa

Speaking of which, how many types of cards are there now?? thatsaplus.com shows there are 3 personals and 1 business, I swear I saw 4 personals a while back. And also, how is it justifiable to get the $375 annual fee "Club" personal card? If that's not worth it, then really, one can only get a max of 3 first use bonuses with the remaining 2 personals and 1 business?

I'm new to United cards...
If you saw a page with _4_ personal Mileage Plus cards, were you looking at the page that includes the MP _debit_ card?

Look here: http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,1233,00.html

Note that the debit cards are no longer being issued to new customers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.