Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

50,000 Mile UA Card back for Elites

50,000 Mile UA Card back for Elites

Old Sep 18, 2010, 8:34 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
Those who are not elite beware on this. I am not elite, keyed in my info and an offer came up, but it was for the *Signature* card not the Select Card (and for 25K + 5K with another user on the card). These cards have very different benefits, etc. I already have the Signature card.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 8:12 pm

Programs: Continental Elite, United Premier, AA Platinum, SPG Gold
Hi, I'm curious if anybody who applied to this deal received confirmation or their card yet? I applied last week and haven't received an email that they are processing or anything in the mail notifying me of receiving my information. As i am a newbie at this, I had signed up for my first miles card, the Citi 75k AA card, and received instant approval and my card within five business days. So I am curious if most credit card approvals operate in this manner or if the quick way is just a Citi way. Thanks!
Old Sep 27, 2010, 8:17 am

Programs: UA Silver
I applied yesterday and got an email that said 'thank you for applying. We will contact you in 15-30 days'. That is the longest turnaround I have seen.

I have churned many cards and have always been approved instantly. Not sure what this means for me.

EDITED for addtl detail:
I currently have CO biz and a CO personal. Co biz I had for many years--like 8--never churned this CObiz/Chase card product. Co Pers I just got in April with a 30k bonus--I had this card once probably 4 years ago, so churned one with this Chase product. I just canceled my BA card for which I got 100k miles--never churned this BA/Chase product. I wanted to try to get a UA card before the CO /UA merger. So I only had 2 Chase cards at the time of the app. And I have not applied for a Chase card since MArch 13 2010 when I got instant approval for the personal card. And I have not applied for any other card. Mid summer I saw my FICO and hi was 812, lo 760. I thought I would get instant approval. I will report back.

My churning was US and UA card in 2002-5. And Citi AA.

Last edited by detony; Sep 27, 2010 at 3:00 pm Reason: to add add'tl detail
Old Sep 27, 2010, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by detony
I applied yesterday and got an email that said 'thank you for applying. We will contact you in 15-30 days'. That is the longest turnaround I have seen.

I have churned many cards and have always been approved instantly. Not sure what this means for me.
It would be great if returning/churning applicants could report on their success or failure, along with the time elapsed since opening (and closing) the previous card.

Past FT threads have suggested that Chase's crackdown on churning is specific to each type of UA card (e.g., that having a Signature Visa in the past will not bar you from getting a first-timer bonus for the Select Visa). It would be nice to know if that is indeed Chase's current practice. [UPDATE: FWIW, a Chase CSR just claimed to me on the phone that the churning prohibition applies across all Chase US card products and is not card-specific.]

Last edited by beltway; Sep 27, 2010 at 11:35 am Reason: updated info
Old Sep 29, 2010, 11:37 am

authorized user has to be signed up to get more miles, if i get the card in wifes name, and i am the one she would sign up but i have a united visa already, will i not be considered an authorized user for the purpose of getting more miles?

sure wish I could get her a 50K offer...with our credit and income, it is amazing that we arent getting that offer
Old Sep 29, 2010, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
I plugged in my info and got a 30K offer for spending $250, with no mention of $95 fee for first year being waived. I already have an MP Platinum Visa. This offer seems to say nothing about folks being precluded if have already have a Visa. So do you think it will generate the miles regardless?

If in fact it is possible to have two cards that each qualify the owner to get 5000 EQMs per year thru online purchase of UA tix, that's a nice little perk.

Last edited by Thunderroad; Sep 29, 2010 at 8:55 pm
Old Oct 1, 2010, 5:55 pm

Will i get 50K miles if i had UA card before?

Originally Posted by FlyingChuck
Hi all,

Signed into my MP account and noticed the link below:

https://www.thatsaplus.com/MP50kElit...1_50k_701_1009

Enjoy!
Old Oct 2, 2010, 10:41 am

So has anyone who turned elite after 7/15 gotten them to give you this promo?
Old Oct 2, 2010, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
When I logged in a few days ago I saw the offer in my account, but I just logged in and its gone! Are people still seeing this offer in their accounts?
Old Oct 8, 2010, 9:51 am

I just keyed in my MP# and got the 50K, fee waived offer. (I'm 1P.) The turn around time is surprisingly long: 10-30 days.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

I signed up the day I posted this... just got my card.

The 50k link on the UA site disappeared about a week ago for me.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 10:49 pm

Programs: Continental Elite, United Premier, AA Platinum, SPG Gold
Strange...

I applied for the card 9/22 and still have not received any word on the card. I've never had a chase united cc in the past, I'm an elite member and my Fico is north of 780. Not sure why the turnaround time is taking so long. I called and the automated service said that they were still processing the information. I last applied for a citi cc in July, is that a possible reason? Can other FTers tell me how long their turnaround for the card was? Thanks!
Old Oct 25, 2010, 9:39 pm

Programs: UAL MP 1K; HH Diamond
Smile

Originally Posted by FlyingChuck
Hi all,

Signed into my MP account and noticed the link below:

https://www.thatsaplus.com/MP50kElit...1_50k_701_1009

Enjoy!
THANK YOU!

I clicked your link and applied for this card. I was approved in about 20 seconds and had my cards within 4 days. When I called to activate my cards the lovely CSR informed me that the $95 annual fee was waived, I would have 50K miles deposited into my account after my first billing cycle (dependent upon a $250 purchase - Did that!) and I would also get a $50 voucher for use on United. This will give me the rest of the miles I need to book my trip to Hawaii in February. Yippee!

New to this forum and I am obsessed. Thanks for the tips!

PS - I am 1K - Not sure if that made a difference with the outcome...
Old Nov 1, 2010, 3:25 pm

last link isn't working now either, anyone know if there's a current offer for 50k miles?

with the amount of junk mail they send me for these cards (at least 4-5 flyers a week regular mail, continuously for months) they could probably have saved themselves the money and offered me another 20k beyond the 30k they're currently offering....

also i don't see anywhere saying the annual fee is waived for elite... i called and nobody at chase had any idea.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 4:22 pm

no sooner than i applied for the Continental Onepass card (literally an hour after)... I refresh my UA page and see an ad at the bottom for the 50,000 offer. the offer is waiving the $95/yr fee and is giving the $50 voucher... it says "new" next to "earn 3x on continental purchases" as well now..

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6867,1249,00.html linking to https://www.thatsaplus.com/MPSelect5...le3_91P_110410

...the link took me to the old 30000 offer but then it asked me to log in with my UA credentials and gave me the 50,000 offer. too bad i literally just applied for the CO card. The image/ad in that page above has today's date in the image name, so i assume they're probably literally updating the main offer page right now, it doesn't seem like it is targeted because I wasn't even logged in when I accessed the above page.

my theory on getting the CO card is they only do a one time promo of the miles, so i can get the CO mileage promo, then when the programs merge cancel that CO card after a year and sign up for the UA card with their mileage promo at the time... CO is giving 25000 miles + 5000 for another cardholder + 10000 if you spend 25k + waiving the annual fee + after a year giving 2 domestic tickets. it's actually a better deal but there's no EQM earning on it ...

both CO and UA are chase cards... I wonder if I can call and have them switch my card application w/out having them re-run my credit, though this seems doubtful. ugh.

BTW, the "signature" card has the $60 annual fee but NO EQM earning. To get EQM you can trade in up to 10,000 miles/year to count towards EQM. The select card is a $95 annual but you can earn 5000 EQM/year. In the terms/conditions they actually say you can have up to two Select cards to earn up to 10000 eqm total, though that seems like a lot of work just to get another 10000 eqm though

Last edited by dddane; Nov 4, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.