Citi AA bonus offer - watch for it in the mail

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA bonus offer - watch for it in the mail

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2010, 8:16 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
signed up for this offer a couple of weeks ago. Got another mailer for the same CC. Tried to sign up and was told, you are already signed up. So why the additional mailer?
Old Oct 24, 2010, 5:23 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by _kurt
Looks like another batch of these went out. Just got one for a 50% bonus on my MC through 1/31. The previous offer for a 20% bonus was an 8.5x11 letter in an envelope. This time it was the blue-grey mailer.

Forget what I said about switching my spending to SPG!
Ditto, just received this yesterday.

And this is interesting (to me), I hadn't used this cards for YEARS except for the very few (and small) purchases that wouldn't take AMEX. Then last January started putting my monthly individual Blue Cross insurance premium on it, $662 a month (and LOUSY coverage, HATE you Blue Cross!) since they don't accept AMEX.

THEN I got an MC promo for double miles on purchases at drugstores, gas stations, markets - that promo ended Sept 30. I had been using my SPG AMEX but for the purpose of transferring to AA miles, so this promo for 2 miles per $ beat SPG's 1.25 per $ therefore I switched all those expenses to my AA MC.

As soon as Sept 30 past, I switched back to AMEX.

Now this new offer good until 1/31, and on all purchases. And since these 1.5 miles beats SPG's 1.25, it will get all my expenses...

And noteworthy, for the last promo although it said bonus miles to post later, they posted concurrently with my monthly bill, but listed separately as "bonus".
Old Oct 24, 2010, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Silver, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold VIP, Priority Club Platinum
I received the offer for both my MC and my VISA. The MC gives me 50% bonus until 1/31/2011. I just got the offer for the VISA yesterday. It was only for a 20% bonus until 1/31. The VISA was the more dormant of the two cards.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:30 am

Programs: AA PLT 2M, ANA Bronze, KrisFlyer Silver, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold
Received my 50% till 1/31 offer. MC, used lightly in the past, just put a very large charge on it recently. Making it really hard to guess what it is exactly that triggers the offer.

Last edited by drhoenikker; Oct 25, 2010 at 10:31 am Reason: Bad grammar. :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.