Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do prisoners earn FF miles?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2010, 8:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by gosha83
I wonder if some states would allow to substitute lethal injection with an LAX-SYD flight in coach on UA or if that would be considered cruel and unusual punishment? You don't even get to request a last meal, before you die in the cramped conditions.
Or worse, you get the Y meal in UA as your last!
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:57 am

Whatever gov't official bought the ticket for the prisoner probably doesn't bother asking what their ff # is.

And you of course can keep your boarding pass to get miles later, but something tells me that the guards handle the prisoner's boarding passes.

I would guess no.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by artemis021
Whatever gov't official bought the ticket for the prisoner probably doesn't bother asking what their ff # is.

And you of course can keep your boarding pass to get miles later, but something tells me that the guards handle the prisoner's boarding passes.

I would guess no.
the prisoner could always state their ff# to the agent when checking in....
Old Aug 25, 2010, 2:23 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by saad
the prisoner could always state their ff# to the agent when checking in....
wonder how many prisoners hold elite statuses with airlines .. maybe we hv a list somewhere
Old Aug 25, 2010, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
wonder how many prisoners hold elite statuses with airlines .. maybe we hv a list somewhere
i sure there would a lot of prisoners who are ff members with various airlines....maybe not elite members but members nevertheless....
Old Aug 25, 2010, 6:36 am

Programs: Lotz
Middle Y seat in rear of plane.

Must be nice to get back to the jail cell.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 7:42 am

I've heard of involuntary deboarding, would this be an involuntary boarding?
Old Oct 18, 2010, 2:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Just don't purchase the last magazine and taunt the convict if their face is on the cover (Seinfeld reference)
Old Oct 18, 2010, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beckoa
Just don't purchase the last magazine and taunt the convict if their face is on the cover (Seinfeld reference)
i remember that episode....hilarious....
Old Oct 22, 2010, 11:45 am

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
Originally Posted by saad
i remember that episode....hilarious....
Yes, it was!
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:06 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Why shouldn't they get miles

Since 17,000 prison inmates received checks courtesy of the $800 billion stimulus package per the AP, maybe they can use the miles to take a nice vacation?
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Since 17,000 prison inmates received checks courtesy of the $800 billion stimulus package per the AP, maybe they can use the miles to take a nice vacation?
If they get the checks and have nothing to spend it on, why not just buy a ticket?
Old Oct 23, 2010, 2:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Well in the State of Alaska, if you are incarcerated, you might not be eligible for a PFD...

Originally Posted by wikipedia... I know :p
(1) during the qualifying year, the individual was sentenced as a result of conviction in this state of a felony;
(2) during all or part of the qualifying year, the individual was incarcerated as a result of the conviction in this state of a

(A) felony; or
(B) misdemeanor if the individual has been convicted of

(i) a prior felony as defined in AS 11.81.900 ; or
(ii) two or more prior misdemeanors as defined in AS 11.81.900 who have resided in the state for at least one calendar year preceding the date applied for a dividend and intend to remain an Alaska resident indefinitely at the time applied for a dividend.
We do have quite a few prisoners stored in AZ and I think CO now... for a bit when the SOA had a private jet, they used it to transport the prisoners. But a big hoopla caused the state to sell the jet on ebay.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Well in the State of Alaska, if you are incarcerated, you might not be eligible for a PFD...

We do have quite a few prisoners stored in AZ and I think CO now... for a bit when the SOA had a private jet, they used it to transport the prisoners. But a big hoopla caused the state to sell the jet on ebay.
Was it more expensive to fly private/vs commercial?
Old Oct 25, 2010, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I dont know about ff miles but it appears all perps get mucho tattoos and also get to wear the hair styling of their choice.

MisterNice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.