Wiki Posts
Search

ThinkorSwim, TDameritrade and Starwood

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2010, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA- LT Plat
ThinkorSwim, TDameritrade and Starwood

With TDAmeritrade recently purchasing ThinkorSwim, would I still be eligible for 20,000 Starpoints for $25K deposit into TdAmeritrade if I then transfer those funds to ThinkorSwim immediately? Thanks
Old Aug 10, 2010, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by johnzavala
With TDAmeritrade recently purchasing ThinkorSwim, would I still be eligible for 20,000 Starpoints for $25K deposit into TdAmeritrade if I then transfer those funds to ThinkorSwim immediately? Thanks
Can u please post the link or terms on the 20,000 Starwood points for a $25 deposit into TD Ameritrade? Is it for a deposit into a new account or an already existing account?

I was just about to put $25k into an existing account anyway.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

I'm IT inept so don't know how to post a link but you can go to the Starwood page under earn miles and go to the TDAmeritrade offer. Hope this helps.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 1:32 pm

no such link

I'm IT inept so don't know how to post a link but you can go to the Starwood page under earn miles and go to the TDAmeritrade offer. Hope this helps.
there is no offer on the earn points section for SPG
no mention of any kind about tdameritrade anywhere on starwood website
OP must be mistaken
Old Aug 10, 2010, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Go to SPG page
Quicklinks then My Accounts even if you don't have one
click Earn Starpoints
Drop down menu- click TDAmeritrade
Old Aug 10, 2010, 1:51 pm

Go to SPG page
Quicklinks then My Accounts even if you don't have one
click Earn Starpoints
Drop down menu- click TDAmeritrade
That's not for existing accounts. Only for new accounts.

As for your original question. They are a merged company. So yes, you can deposit your money into a new account with tdameritrade, and then get the points. There is no need to transfer funds to Thinkorswim since they are the same company. Just log into thinkorswim and your TDameritrade funds will be there. You have the option of which platform you can use in either tdameritrade format or thinkorswim format.

For example i have funds with TD ameritrade. I can log into thinkroswim and my funds show up there as well in the same amounts. Just pick which platform you want to use, or just seamlessly switch back and forth.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 2:07 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Here is the link, if you are opening a new TDAmeritrade account:

http://www.tdameritrade.com/offer/pa.../starwood.html
Old Aug 10, 2010, 2:34 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
On the link provided some of the T&C's are blocked by a pop up for deposit amounts. Any one know if there is a length of time account must stay open for and if have to maintain the 25K balance if so? TIA
Old Aug 10, 2010, 2:38 pm

Programs: MTA NYCTA Super Plutonium Elite
Originally Posted by mlad1101
On the link provided some of the T&C's are blocked by a pop up for deposit amounts. Any one know if there is a length of time account must stay open for and if have to maintain the 25K balance if so? TIA
Umm...are you asking us to read the web page to you?
Old Aug 10, 2010, 2:50 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Market volatility and volume may delay system access and trade executions. In addition, there is a risk that system outages may interfere with your ability to access your online account. If you experience difficulties, please contact client services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

†Offer valid for new Individual or Joint accounts opened and funded by U.S. residents with $2,000 or more by 9/30/2010. Not transferable and not valid for IRA or other tax-exempt accounts, internal transfers, current TD AMERITRADE clients, or with other offers. Limit one offer per client. Offers are not valid for TD AMERITRADE Investing accounts using the Amerivest service. Offers are not valid for accounts managed by independent investment advisors and maintained by TD AMERITRADE Institutional. Account must remain open with minimum funding required for participating in the offer for 9 months, or TD AMERITRADE may charge the account for the cost of the Starpoints. Allow 6 weeks from account funding for the first half of Starpoints to appear in the Starwood Preferred Guest account. To qualify for the second half, TD AMERITRADE account must remain open with minimum funding required for participating in the offer for 6 months from the first Starpoints posting date. Points will appear in the Starwood Preferred Guest account within 6 weeks. TD AMERITRADE reserves the right to restrict or revoke this offer. Participants must be enrolled in Starwood Preferred Guest. Starpoint redemption options vary based on specific requirements, including hotel Category. Starwood Preferred Guest members are subject to the complete Program terms and conditions. Starwood may change the Program rules, awards, features and offers at any time without notice. For additional terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest program, visit www.spg.com. 2006 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. TD AMERITRADE and Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc are separate unaffiliated companies and are not responsible for one another's services or policies.
TD AMERITRADE, Division of TD AMERITRADE, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC/NFA. This is not an offer or solicitation in any jurisdiction where we are not authorized to do business. TD AMERITRADE is a trademark jointly owned by TD AMERITRADE IP Company, Inc. and The Toronto-Dominion Bank. © 2010 TD AMERITRADE IP Company, Inc. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by LH2004
Umm...are you asking us to read the web page to you?
If YOU can read I said that when I click the link the deposit amounts(ie. buttons to deposit $2,000, $10,000, and $25,000) BLOCKED some of the T&C's so I could not see that information on my end. Thank you for your waste of a post though.^

Thanks onthego15.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 3:48 pm

Programs: MTA NYCTA Super Plutonium Elite
There's a difference between misunderstanding and incredulity.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by frankiwa
That's not for existing accounts. Only for new accounts.

As for your original question. They are a merged company. So yes, you can deposit your money into a new account with tdameritrade, and then get the points. There is no need to transfer funds to Thinkorswim since they are the same company. Just log into thinkorswim and your TDameritrade funds will be there. You have the option of which platform you can use in either tdameritrade format or thinkorswim format.

For example i have funds with TD ameritrade. I can log into thinkroswim and my funds show up there as well in the same amounts. Just pick which platform you want to use, or just seamlessly switch back and forth.
Ya, that's how I saw it too, only for new accounts.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA,DL,SPG,Hyatt
This kind of deal is never good unless you would have opened one without the offer. Is my understanding correct?

The $25K that has to be stuck in the account for 6 month could be earning 4.5% out there, which is more than the starwood points.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by sunspotzsz
This kind of deal is never good unless you would have opened one without the offer. Is my understanding correct?

The $25K that has to be stuck in the account for 6 month could be earning 4.5% out there, which is more than the starwood points.
Its 9 months from what I understand and there are a few different things you can do with the money. CD's, stock investments etc. but you need to keep the 25K in the accounts for 9 months without withdrawing from what I was told.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.