Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2011, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by sam007
Guys

I read post 2 which shows the offers but says - Confirmed to work as of this edit, but DOES NOT have a usable offer page.

I know I'm terribly late to the party but can I sign up for these cards at this time and expect to get the 75k miles?

Thanks
sam007,

Everyone who has signed up recently with those links have had them work. I signed up in early June, and my parents, sister, and friends all signed up some time after that (June or July). It has worked every time.

DOES NOT have a usable offer page means that you won't see the deal written anywhere on the offer page. Some call it a "leap of faith" but you don't really need that much faith. It has worked for hundreds of people so far, and jmitchell has been very on the ball with updating it. If it starts not working, you'll certainly hear about it on this board within minutes.

Also, there is no guarantee how long it will last, so if you are gonna jump on it, jump on it soon!...or NOW! go go go
Old Aug 2, 2011, 10:05 pm

Are the 100k offers dead? Or are they still around somewhere?
Old Aug 2, 2011, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by johndoe123
Dead ? Never were any. Please read the thread. 2X 75K still possible maybe. wj
Old Aug 2, 2011, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by johndoe123
The 100K ones died out earlier this year IIRC. The 75K ones just keep ticking...
Old Aug 2, 2011, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA gold 4 life
There was 100k offer about or 1 year ago, it came on the mail, it was for a business CC , but it went away right away.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 12:09 am

Error message

Just applied for visa and amex cards using two different browsers at the same time. Got the following message at the verify information page. This was before the stage of approval status.

[ServletException in:/WEB-INF/acq/jsp/appVerify/verifyBody.jsp] null'

I think I read somewhere before on this forum about an error message. Will try to call tomorrow and find out.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 3:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by whackyjacky
Dead ? Never were any. Please read the thread. 2X 75K still possible maybe. wj
Originally Posted by Daniel Elias
There was 100k offer about or 1 year ago, it came on the mail, it was for a business CC , but it went away right away.
All 3 cards had 100k offers just like the 75k offers you see now. As I recall, the first 50k came after spending $750, the second 50k once you reached $10k (both within the first 6 months) The applications finally stopped working a few months ago and links were removed from post #2
Old Aug 3, 2011, 4:02 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
I recently got the personal Citi AAdvantage Visa and Amex using two browsers. I'm planning on applying for the business Visa in a couple of weeks. There's an offer floating around for a business Citi AAdvantage MC with a 40k bonus, and I'm thinking of applying for the business Visa and MC at the same time. Has anyone had any experience with this?
Old Aug 3, 2011, 4:13 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
I recently got the personal Citi AAdvantage Visa and Amex using two browsers. I'm planning on applying for the business Visa in a couple of weeks. There's an offer floating around for a business Citi AAdvantage MC with a 40k bonus, and I'm thinking of applying for the business Visa and MC at the same time. Has anyone had any experience with this?
Yes. MC app will be declined. Wait 61 days before business.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 4:20 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Let me give you two good pieces of advice--applicable to any forum but especially here.....

First, read the first two or three and the last two or three pages of any long thread, such as this one. The first two or three give you a general sense of a deal, including, as in this one, valuable links. Since you clearly didn't do that here, I figured this advice might be helpful.

The second piece of advice applies to anyone who has spent more than 45 seconds on a forum. Figure that in any community, in the real world or online, the folks who have been in the community for awhile pretty quickly figure out the newcomers who aren't worth their time and attention. Spend some time looking around FT; you'll see some folks, some even in the past six months, who have posted frequently but with very little worth and who were eventually ignored. Bueller, Bueller, Igor, Igor. . . Don''t be that guy.

Then pay attention to the folks who've been here for awhile. I may not agree with everything anyone with 5000 or 10,000 posts says, but that's natural--we all have our different personalities, experiences, and world views.

But, I don't blow them off. I don't casually dismiss their points of view or even their attitudes. And given that you clearly didn't spend 60 seconds of your precious time looking at very detailed information in post #2 that might have answered all of your elementary questions, I would say your chances of getting help in the future obviously improve the more you pay attention to those who've been here for awhile and who might possibly have some advice you might find helpful and the less you spend dreaming up witty repartee.

And, if you'd spent some of that time, you might even have figured out that Happy is a woman. And that she has helped a number of people. And that she doesn't suffer fools gladly.

As I said, don't be that guy. . .
Very wise words.

I often think that if reading and understanding the offer in this thread is a challenge for someone then what chance have they got of understanding the rewards program they are entering into and actually being able to make a booking? And even if they don't fall at that hurdle, they still have to be able to leave their house and find their way to the airport.

Not wishing to come across as ill-spirited, but this game is best played by those blessed with a modicum of intelligence and therefore perhaps not for everybody...
Old Aug 3, 2011, 7:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by User Name
Very wise words.

I often think that if reading and understanding the offer in this thread is a challenge for someone then what chance have they got of understanding the rewards program they are entering into and actually being able to make a booking? And even if they don't fall at that hurdle, they still have to be able to leave their house and find their way to the airport.

Not wishing to come across as ill-spirited, but this game is best played by those blessed with a modicum of intelligence and therefore perhaps not for everybody...
If only we could restrict posting to poeple who pass a basic quiz. One who's answers are easily found within post #2
Old Aug 3, 2011, 7:34 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by rover4618
1. No guy its you who seems to misunderstand. I fully understand how the system works. I have been on this board since 06 about 4 years longer than yourself. I understand quite well about a credit pull.

For the FINAL time HAPPY misunderstood what I was asking. I can see why.

2. Maybe or ...maybe not When I talked to the CR he told me that according to my "credit report" I had the card before and gave me the year.

3. F.Y.I. I have had a CitiCard without churning for 5 years so your statement below about me taking a long shot are really grounded in nothing but sarcasm and maybe trying to act a little bit smarter than you are. Maybe ???

4. Same applies to this statement

Happy thank you for clearing that up about the 10 year period.
Since I misunderstood your question, I apologize. I certainly did not misunderstand your .
Old Aug 3, 2011, 8:14 am

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
Originally Posted by xzolian
Another data point:

I just applies for both personal cards using 2 separate browsers and the links provided in post #2 and was instantly approved for both cards. Once the cards arrive in the mail I will call and verify the points/spending.
A noob that reads! ^^^
Old Aug 3, 2011, 8:24 am

Programs: AA gold 4 life
First, let me say I read post #2. And I think I have a valid question, I have 2 business, one is a retail store, and second is a car dealership. I have 1 business CC on the name of the retail store since June 2009, it's been 25 months. I don't want to cancel the card because I use it in a daily basis. If I apply for a 2nd business card with out canceling the first card, will I get approved?? it's a different entity.

I don't think this was posted in post #2 and if it was I didn't see it. Keep in mind my car dealership as never had any credit cards, neither Citi or another bank.

Thanks
Old Aug 3, 2011, 8:26 am

I finally decided to apply for both Mond both cards in different browsers came back with the error message.

Called today I have one approved. Gave info then asked for date of birth

I tried to check the other I used a different phone number and it doesn't find it or ask for my phone number....

When I speak to a csr I don't know how to ask about the other card because with my social and address it pulls the approved one

Any advice? Should i apply again for the amex the visa was approved today 8/3 any chance I'll be getting an amex if the approval number doesn't find it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.