[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2010, 1:43 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
My application was approved online, but I can't seem to get the CSRs to confirm the promotion. I called the 888 number posted here....hit 3 to check the status of my application and then selected the option to speak to a CSR.

They have no clue....they just keep telling me my application is approved...called twice now. There is a bit of a language barrier, but I'm getting the impression they don't have access to this information.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Originally Posted by autospy
My application was approved online, but I can't seem to get the CSRs to confirm the promotion. I called the 888 number posted here....hit 3 to check the status of my application and then selected the option to speak to a CSR.

They have no clue....they just keep telling me my application is approved...called twice now. There is a bit of a language barrier, but I'm getting the impression they don't have access to this information.
THey say third time is the charm! Try a last time
Old Jul 30, 2010, 1:47 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Wife just applied for the 75000 offer since she currently doesn't have a personal AA citi, but does have a business AA citi. She was denied (automatically) on the basis that "this is for first time card members". The online app status simply stated she would be notified of the status. She called and spoke to rep and was told the app was not processed (they have an auto program in place to block those they can see have had a Citi AA personal before. How far that record goes back I'm not sure. She did have a MC Citi AA personal earlier this year, so it was obviously too close even though the new app was for a Visa. If you get an instant approval count your blessings because you'll probably get the bonus.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 1:49 pm

FYI.

I called in for my previous app for the Citi AA personal MC i applied for a few days ago and was approved for (was only 35,000 miles). I tried to get that offer bumped up in light of the recent incredible offers, prior to activating the card. They said they had no better offers for me at the moment that they were allowed to give. Ugh. 1 day to early.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 1:57 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Jig is up?

I thought the jig was up: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...nk-jig-up.html

I was just denied a 35K card because "the offer is for first time members only." You guys are all first time members?

Last edited by thebat; Jul 30, 2010 at 2:30 pm
Old Jul 30, 2010, 2:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I received immediate approval on the 50/50 personal VISA. I have only had a personal Citi AA Mastercard, never a VISA, but I am an existing Citi cardholder if that helps anyone. Do not know if I will receive bonus, but once I get card in mail I will confirm.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Originally Posted by thebat
I thought the jig was up: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...ank-jig-up.htm

I was just denied a 35K card because "the offer is for first time members only." You guys are all first time members?
I am personally and luckily.
But it seems that with citi YMMV and therefore worth a try when a nice offer comes around^
Old Jul 30, 2010, 2:09 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Can one apply for all 3 cards (Personal MC, Personal AMEX, Business Visa) at the same time and get 3 bonuses? That would be nice.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 2:18 pm

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by thebat
I thought the jig was up: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...ank-jig-up.htm

Add an L to the end of this link
Old Jul 30, 2010, 2:26 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by chemist661
Can one apply for all 3 cards (Personal MC, Personal AMEX, Business Visa) at the same time and get 3 bonuses? That would be nice.
No, not anymore.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 2:27 pm

Any number to call to speak to Credit Analyst that can approve apps?

I got the one week notification status.

Would like to get this approved.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 2:30 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
OK

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
Add an L to the end of this link
Done. Thanks for the heads up.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 2:36 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I used the link from TM travel world to get this card and was approved with no problem. Does anyone know the phone number to call to make sure I got the 75,000 miles? I couldn't find it anywhere in the sign up process.

Thanks in advance. Love this site.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 2:51 pm

I've checked every backdoor number I could find, just can't get them to budge on working with ya over the phone to get approval or not.

7-10 days. Damn it
Old Jul 30, 2010, 3:08 pm

If I have an AA FF number, but did not get the targeted email, should I omit it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.