Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2010, 8:39 am

Make sense.
Originally Posted by Stoughton
They don't, AA does.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 1:35 pm

Congratulations. How did you come to 200,000 miles. Also please let us know how / when received.

Originally Posted by flyupfront
Datapoint

Applied for the personal card about 9 days ago and got to screen #3. Keep calling the 800# and no record of my application (but to wait up to 2 weeks for processing).

Applied for business card a day or two ago and got immediate approval.

Checked the personal line tonight and learned that my personal app has been approved. Yeah!

I had a Citi AAdvantage MC that I closed sometime last fall (November I'm guessing). I did spend quite a bit on that card so that may have influenced their decision to approve my app.

200k miles here I come!
Old Aug 14, 2010, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, United Silver, National Exec
I did the 50/50 offer, requiring a $10k spend, totalling 100k miles/card x 2 cards (personal and business). Actually, with the spend it'll be 220k miles.

Originally Posted by best
Congratulations. How did you come to 200,000 miles. Also please let us know how / when received.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by flyupfront
I did the 50/50 offer, requiring a $10k spend, totalling 100k miles/card x 2 cards (personal and business). Actually, with the spend it'll be 220k miles.
Did you actually get these miles are are you assuming you will get them?
Cuz if this is the case, I need to double apply for my mom so she can have that many miles.....
Old Aug 14, 2010, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, United Silver, National Exec
Originally Posted by mrx900
Did you actually get these miles are are you assuming you will get them?
Cuz if this is the case, I need to double apply for my mom so she can have that many miles.....
No, I don't have the miles yet. The cards are enroute and then I have to spend 10k (on each card) before getting the total 100k/card total bonus miles for each card.

Hopefully I can get the miles deposited in November or so...
Old Aug 14, 2010, 9:32 pm

Business Card Question

I have had a number of Citi AA cards in the past; however I would really like to get in on this 75,000 mile offer. After reading numerous posts, it seems like my best chance at getting another AA card is to sign up for a business account, although I do not have a business. If I sign up for a business account as a Sole Proprietorship, what should I put down for my occupation? I am actually retired, but I'm not sure if I should put down that I'm retired.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 9:56 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Mirage777
I have had a number of Citi AA cards in the past; however I would really like to get in on this 75,000 mile offer. After reading numerous posts, it seems like my best chance at getting another AA card is to sign up for a business account, although I do not have a business. If I sign up for a business account as a Sole Proprietorship, what should I put down for my occupation? I am actually retired, but I'm not sure if I should put down that I'm retired.
Come up with a bogus company. How about your Last Name Consulting or Last Name Realty? Don't enter a tax ID. You shouldn't have a problem.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 1:44 am

This is one reason why I love FT...

...even if it makes me mad sometimes

A few weeks after I was approved for the 35K mile offer, the 75K and 100K offers showed up! If I just waited a few weeks...
Seems from this informative thread so far that if someone who already HAS the card (and subsequently got the promo miles) has little chance in being able to take advantage of the additional offers...unless they still manage to get a direct invitation from Citi.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 6:33 am

Went for the bus card but got the dreaded we'll get back to you message. Have had the personal visa and MC (still have the MC). I have hit the cards hard lately due to all the Chase offers but credit score still in the 780-790 range.

The wife is going to go for the bus card now.

What do people put in for business income?
Old Aug 15, 2010, 8:44 am

I've looked through pages and pages of this thread (but not all, so could be missed). Can someone please advise me? My daughter received the 35k offer. She has her card but not yet activated. She just received the 50k offer in the mail (same Visa Signature card). Is there a chance that they will switch the current card to the higher offer?
Old Aug 15, 2010, 8:50 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by napilimom
I've looked through pages and pages of this thread (but not all, so could be missed). Can someone please advise me? My daughter received the 35k offer. She has her card but not yet activated. She just received the 50k offer in the mail (same Visa Signature card). Is there a chance that they will switch the current card to the higher offer?
It's good she has NOT activated it. Someone else was able to cancel their 35K card and receive one of the higher bonuses. But I don't remember which post it was.......... Hopefully someone else will remember or that person will respond.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 10:46 am

Programs: AA, UA Gold, SPG, Marriott Gold
Thanks for all the info in this thread. My story and a question below:

I applied for business card and was approved after calling with app ID. I do have a personal citi AA MC that is 11 months old. This is my 4th citi card overall, btw.

I also applied for a business card for my wife and she did not get an app ID and calling did not help. I assume that is in snail mail limbo.

Based on this thread, I doubt I'd be approved a personal citi AmX since I have the personal citi AA mastercard open (bonus for 1st timers only, blah blah blah).

I would like to apply for a personal citi Amx for my wife and get another 75k. She does have a citi AA MC, but its the non-annual fee version getting 1 mile per $2 spend. And she has had the card since 2005. Any thoughts on whether she would be denied based on that crappy card (not being a first time applicant)? Also, should I wait until the business card app is resolved before applying for a personal card? Not sure if the dual applications would matter.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 10:52 am

Programs: AA, UA Gold, SPG, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mileshound
Went for the bus card but got the dreaded we'll get back to you message. Have had the personal visa and MC (still have the MC). I have hit the cards hard lately due to all the Chase offers but credit score still in the 780-790 range.

The wife is going to go for the bus card now.

What do people put in for business income?
I'm no pro, but I just put my salary as both my individual income and business revenue. When I called to get approval, was not asked about it at all.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 11:00 am

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by blakeIV
Thanks for all the info in this thread. My story and a question below:

I applied for business card and was approved after calling with app ID. I do have a personal citi AA MC that is 11 months old. This is my 4th citi card overall, btw.

I also applied for a business card for my wife and she did not get an app ID and calling did not help. I assume that is in snail mail limbo.

Based on this thread, I doubt I'd be approved a personal citi AmX since I have the personal citi AA mastercard open (bonus for 1st timers only, blah blah blah).

I would like to apply for a personal citi Amx for my wife and get another 75k. She does have a citi AA MC, but its the non-annual fee version getting 1 mile per $2 spend. And she has had the card since 2005. Any thoughts on whether she would be denied based on that crappy card (not being a first time applicant)? Also, should I wait until the business card app is resolved before applying for a personal card? Not sure if the dual applications would matter.
Your wife's old MC AA probably won't matter. I had one open & got 2 AA's in May (on same day).

Your 11-month old MC AA didn't stop you from being approved for business and shouldn't be the reason you'd be disapproved for personal. It's the new business card that might stop you from being approved for a new personal.

Would have been best to do two apps at once as those seem to get through. But certainly worth a shot, many people have gotten a 2nd card days later.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by napilimom
I did have success changing my mileage offer but it's not real easy. Read my posts. The first is #561 on page 38 and #688 on page 46. PM me if you have any other questions. And I think it is real important to NOT activate the new card. They mentioned specifically checking to make sure I did not activate the card so it probably makes a difference. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.