Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Old Aug 13, 2010, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA,CO,SPG
Yah that's the one... oh well...thanks
Old Aug 13, 2010, 6:44 pm

Citi let me fax or mail in the documentations for verifying.

I faxed yesterday, then I called today. They said didn't

receive it. Up to 7-10 business days to receive the fax.

I said fax should be real-time transmission. They have no

idea. Just let me wait.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
RE: how long to keep the cards:

Both my business and personal AA cards came due last month. Citi's retention dep't. currently has an offer to waive annual fee on existing personal card customers for a certain spend level over a period of months (like $500 over 6 months). The best business offer I could get out of them was $5k over 4 months. No idea what it will be like next year.

I don't think you have to worry about them re-figuring lifetime gold, I won't come close for at least a year, and they'll wait 'til i get to 999,000 lifetime miles or so to make the change.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by spacehawk
Are you referring to this? Seems if your are AAdvantage elite level, you are excluded from these limits. See below.

The maximum number of American Airlines AAdvantage® miles you earn from purchases using the Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard® and the Citi Select® / AAdvantage® American Express® card is 100,000 AAdvantage® miles per calendar year and 150,000 AAdvantage® miles per calendar year with the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Visa® card. AAdvantage® bonus miles are excluded from this mileage cap. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®, AAdvantage Platinum® and AAdvantage Gold® members are excluded from these limits. AAdvantage® miles are only earned on eligible purchases.
So if I'm a basic AAdvantage and I signed up for the 2 75K personal card deals, I'm good right since I still have 25K to go for American Express and 75K left for the VISA?
Old Aug 13, 2010, 7:18 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by Smidget
So if I'm a basic AAdvantage and I signed up for the 2 75K personal card deals, I'm good right since I still have 25K to go for American Express and 75K left for the VISA?
""The maximum number of American Airlines AAdvantage® miles you earn from purchases""

""AAdvantage® bonus miles are excluded from this mileage cap.""
Old Aug 13, 2010, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by tassojunior
""The maximum number of American Airlines AAdvantage® miles you earn from purchases""

""AAdvantage® bonus miles are excluded from this mileage cap.""
Sorry, got mixed up
Old Aug 13, 2010, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, I emailed thru the secure msg system a request to confirm promotion and got this reply:

"We have forwarded your inquiry to the appropriate area for investigation.

You should receive a response from them by mail in 10-15 days"

So, waiting 2 weeks to get the word.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, United Silver, National Exec
Datapoint

Applied for the personal card about 9 days ago and got to screen #3. Keep calling the 800# and no record of my application (but to wait up to 2 weeks for processing).

Applied for business card a day or two ago and got immediate approval.

Checked the personal line tonight and learned that my personal app has been approved. Yeah!

I had a Citi AAdvantage MC that I closed sometime last fall (November I'm guessing). I did spend quite a bit on that card so that may have influenced their decision to approve my app.

200k miles here I come!
Old Aug 13, 2010, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA PLAT; SPG GOLD; AS MileagePlan
My Citi Personal and Business 75K

I finally got both Per and Bus cards approved and activated..Here's what happen to me:

for the Personal, I apply online, and received an ID # and call and got approved after answering some quesitons about some "new" options ( trying to sell me some insurance...)

For the business, I applied online, and after I hit finish or submit, they said, they will be back in touch with me...No ID # provided.

After 5 days, I called, and they said it was still in progress, somewhere in the queue.

In today USPS 1st class mail, I got the bus card....so it took approx 10 days...

So can I go after the 3rd CARD, the one with the Citi Amex logo...?

Has anyone gotten approved for the third and last card...?

PS: I never had any previous Citi cards whatsoever....
Old Aug 13, 2010, 10:06 pm

Programs: US,PC
Originally Posted by magellan99
I finally got both Per and Bus cards approved and activated..Here's what happen to me:

for the Personal, I apply online, and received an ID # and call and got approved after answering some quesitons about some "new" options ( trying to sell me some insurance...)

For the business, I applied online, and after I hit finish or submit, they said, they will be back in touch with me...No ID # provided.

After 5 days, I called, and they said it was still in progress, somewhere in the queue.

In today USPS 1st class mail, I got the bus card....so it took approx 10 days...

So can I go after the 3rd CARD, the one with the Citi Amex logo...?

Has anyone gotten approved for the third and last card...?

PS: I never had any previous Citi cards whatsoever....
Too much of anything is bad. So don't go for it.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by spacehawk
Are you referring to this? Seems if your are AAdvantage elite level, you are excluded from these limits. See below.

The maximum number of American Airlines AAdvantage® miles you earn from purchases using the Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard® and the Citi Select® / AAdvantage® American Express® card is 100,000 AAdvantage® miles per calendar year and 150,000 AAdvantage® miles per calendar year with the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Visa® card. AAdvantage® bonus miles are excluded from this mileage cap. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®, AAdvantage Platinum® and AAdvantage Gold® members are excluded from these limits. AAdvantage® miles are only earned on eligible purchases.
how does Citi track elite status?

Last edited by UA Fan; Aug 13, 2010 at 11:07 pm
Old Aug 13, 2010, 11:52 pm

Programs: MTA NYCTA Super Plutonium Elite
Originally Posted by popot53
Is there anyway around the 100,000 and 150,000 limit for earning miles per year? besides having elite status?
Some Citi Private Bank clients are exempt from the limits.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 4:22 am

I have been approved for business and personal 75K cards.

Does anyone know if I cosign for my 21 year old son, would that be considered another application by me and cause him not to be accepted? He would likely have a tough time getting the card on his own, being a college student with not much of a job, etc.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 4:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by UA Fan
how does Citi track elite status?
They don't, AA does.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 5:29 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by Phractal33
I just confirmed this for my 50/50 card on the phone today, and they are sending me an e-mail containing the exact bonus structure (will post here when I get it), and the way that it works is that you get 50k at $750, and another 50k when you reach $10,000 total. You will NOT need to spend to $10,750 for the bonus.
Thanks for the confirmation! (And thanks to the others who responded as well!) That definitely helps clarify how my spending will be distributed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.