Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2011, 7:51 am

I've gotten three cards and the miles post a day or so after your statement each month. So if you meet the spending in the first month....they should show up a couple days after your statement is issued.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 7:54 am

...and you really don't need to call in to confirm the promotion....I just signed my gf for two cards 3 weeks ago and she already got her miles. The offer is still valid.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: A few
Awesome just got approved for the business card. I got approved for the personal cards in May this year. Because of credit issues had to go reconsideration route. I find just writing direct to the executive department as in Post #2 is most effective. On the first round of apps customer service reps were useless, but the ED seems to have some authority.

The last 75k will be very helpful for getting me closer to 2m

Thanks to all for the useful info
Old Sep 9, 2011, 11:46 am

although the links listed on post #2 work, how do you know you'll still get for example the 75k miles? It goes straight to the application which doesn't give the information. In the past I haven't filled out the app unless I'm clicking on an official citi ad that says the # of miles.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 11:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bernyx
although the links listed on post #2 work, how do you know you'll still get for example the 75k miles? It goes straight to the application which doesn't give the information. In the past I haven't filled out the app unless I'm clicking on an official citi ad that says the # of miles.
Read post #2
Old Sep 9, 2011, 12:03 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Stoughton
Read post #2
Also read the hundreds of posts before yours, nearly every one of which describes getting the 75k using the links in Post 2.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 12:04 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Data point.

Mom-in-law applied on 8/28 (really I applied for her with her sitting next to me to make sure she didn't mess up). Instant approval, received the card in the mail last week. When she called to activate the rep told her (without being prompt), that it was for the $1500/75K miles offer.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bernyx
If so, you have missed probably hundreds of thousands of miles. None of our AA cards ever has the details on the application form ever since we started in 2006, fyi. We reached LT GLD many moons ago.

Have to chime in - just 2 posts above yours tells you by actual experience that you really have no need to worry, nor even to call. (your post is 8869, go read 8867 to set your mind at ease).
Old Sep 9, 2011, 2:14 pm

About the business card, could use some advice.

I stopped using my corporation at the end of 2009. Generally, I do all my work through a third party now. Should I try to apply using my business EIN even if I haven't filed taxes under it lately? Or should I just go with a sole proprietor application?

Deb
Old Sep 9, 2011, 2:55 pm

Programs: United Silver
Just a note of thanks for this thread. Applied for the 2 cards last night, got instant approval. Will report back after the spend and miles have posted. Thanks for making a future spectacular vacation come to fruition.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 3:39 pm
Pup

Here's a data point, as far as meeting spend.

Applied for the business card, second time around, about a month ago. Spent about $1,150 of the $1,500 spend in the first month, but after we stayed at a hotel using AA points from an earlier card, the hotel accidentally charged us $350 for the stay twice, then removed it twice the same day. We didn't even realize it happened till we got the statement. Obviously just a case of the clerk pushing the wrong buttons.

Yet with only $1,150 net spend, the 76,150 miles posted. So it looks like the very second that spend goes over $1,500, it triggers the bonus, even if the amount is refunded the very same day.

I'm certainly not taking any chances, and have already met the final $350 with legitimate spending, but it makes one wonder if the 75,000 would have "stuck" with no further spending.

By the way, thanks to jcmitchell21 for keeping sacred post #2 updated. My wife and I have gotten a total of 375,000 miles, all but one on $1500 spend cards.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by DebBrown
About the business card, could use some advice.

I stopped using my corporation at the end of 2009. Generally, I do all my work through a third party now. Should I try to apply using my business EIN even if I haven't filed taxes under it lately? Or should I just go with a sole proprietor application?

Deb
Did you file your articles of dissolution? If not you are still required to file taxes every year and I would not start using your EIN number again. Dangerous!
Old Sep 9, 2011, 4:43 pm

AMEX and Business VISA

About two months ago my wife and I applied for the personal Visa and American Express. My wife received both and I received the visa and was declined for the American Express due to too many credit hits. How long do I need to wait to reapply for the American Express card? We also have a business I would like to apply for business visa. How long should we wait to apply for a business visa? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
Did you file your articles of dissolution? If not you are still required to file taxes every year and I would not start using your EIN number again. Dangerous!
Good question. That doesn't sound familiar but I'll check with my accountant. Yikes! So... for the card, I should NOT use my EIN, right?

Deb
Old Sep 9, 2011, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by DebBrown
Good question. That doesn't sound familiar but I'll check with my accountant. Yikes! So... for the card, I should NOT use my EIN, right?

Deb
No, not unless you want to owe back taxes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.