Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA lifetime platinum, Jet Blue Mosaic
Originally Posted by ramamosn
I don't see the 75K bonus miles on the Citi Visa application form. Is it something I am missing?
read post #2
Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by meecal
^^^^^^^^

Okay, here's how it went down for me:

1. Using Chrome. Cleared cookies.
2. Opened Incognito browser window.
3. Clicked link in post #2 for $1500 Citi PERSONAL VISA. Got error page. Refreshed page. That worked.
4. Applied for PERSONAL VISA. Was not instantly approved. I saved my application ID.
5. Cleared cookies. Opened new Incognito browser window.
6. Clicked link in post #2 for $4000 PERSONAL AMEX.
7. Applied for PERSONAL AMEX. Was not instantly approved. I saved my application ID.
8. Called 866.606.2787 and gave my application ID for PERSONAL VISA. Rep asked me to move some of my credit line from my existing CITI card to new VISA. I agreed. Application approved. Rep confirmed terms [75k miles w/ $1500 spend in 6 months, annual fee waived].
9. Hung up.
10. Called 866.606.2787 and gave my application ID for PERSONAL AMEX. Rep asked me to move some of my credit line from my existing CITI card to new AMEX. I agreed. Application approved. Rep confirmed terms [75k miles w/ $4000 spend in 6 months, annual fee waived].
Did same thing as you, except used Chrome for the $1500 Visa Application, and IE for the $4000 Amex Application, and then submitted one right after the other.

Both apps said it needed further review. Stopped at step 3 and did NOT give me an application id. Called the number you left above, and asked them for the application ids and they said i need to call 888.201.4523 tomorrow or the next few days to find out more info.

I called the number you said above 3 times, but they said they coudln't do anything to push through any approval and thy're being reviewed by another dept. So not sure how you were able to get them to approve it like that...
Old Sep 6, 2011, 6:08 pm

Just called the 888.201.4523 number and entered the application IDs and it says, "your application has been processed, but unfortunately, we are unable to approve at this time..." -

I stayed on the phone to talk to someone and they told me from what she can see, it hasn't been decided yet. I told her that the automated system already said it wasn't approved and she said that she doesn't see that on her side. So not sure what's going on with that...
Old Sep 6, 2011, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by michael_v
Out of all these numbers, I was interested in which the poster had success with overturning Citi's denial.
The number is in Post No.2.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 8:21 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by beltway
You really ought to buy a lottery ticket, too.
Will do if I feel lucky.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 12:22 am

Smile Got my points!

Received my first 75,000 bonus with my statement this weekend. Should get the next 75k in a week... Nice!
Old Sep 7, 2011, 12:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Hi thanks for everyone's help on this topic. I just received an email today from Citi notifying me that my Citi Business card has been approved.

Now how do I verify that I got into the 75k promotion as I have signed up from the link in 2nd post. Is it that I won't be able to confirm until I finish spending 1.5k?

I saw the comment that I will just have to trust that this works but it's always good to have some confirmation. Any help on this or anything else I should do in addition to spending 1.5k so to increase my chance of getting the promo?

Thanks very much for all the help again
Old Sep 7, 2011, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by NttDocomo
Hi thanks for everyone's help on this topic. I just received an email today from Citi notifying me that my Citi Business card has been approved.

Now how do I verify that I got into the 75k promotion as I have signed up from the link in 2nd post. Is it that I won't be able to confirm until I finish spending 1.5k?

I saw the comment that I will just have to trust that this works but it's always good to have some confirmation. Any help on this or anything else I should do in addition to spending 1.5k so to increase my chance of getting the promo?

Thanks very much for all the help again
I believe you can call them to verify it. That's what I did with my personal cards when I was approved.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 1:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
I have received a denial because:
“You have submitted multiple applications for credit”
Has anyone ever head of that denial being reconsidered? and if so what is the best type of approach?
My credit is great and I have followed the guidelines on Flyertalk in my applications.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 7:07 am

Thank you

I got approved 2 cards yesterday.

Citi visa - 15K credit limit approved
Citi amex - 15k credit limit approved

Waiting for the card now...

Thank you everyone.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:00 am

Programs: AA Gold
I put in an app for my husband to get the Citi business Visa card on Aug. 30. No instant approval. Got an email the next day saying the following:

o Your gross yearly income as listed on your application
does not meet our minimum income requirements. If you
think there is an error in your reported income figure
or if you wish to tell us of any additional income not
stated on your application, please call us at
1-800-288-4653, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, ET, Monday through Friday.
Have the reference number listed above available
when you call. You do not have to disclose alimony, child
support, separate maintenance income, or any
other income unless you wish us to consider it with your
application.

So he called, gave them more income numbers. They asked about household income, he said over $300K.

Today got an email stating the following:

Thank you for applying for a Business Card account. We
are unable to approve your application at this time because
of the following:

o You already have the maximum number of accounts that
can be issued to an individual

He has no open Citi card accounts at this time. All accounts have been closed, both personal and business. The business account was closed in Jan. 2011.

Should he call and ask them to review the app and overturn the denial? Should I put in an app for the Citi Business AX using a different computer? Do I have to wait 60 days to try again? I really need to get the 75K miles into his AA account for an award ticket I'm trying to get for next year.

Thanks for all the good advice here.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:08 am

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by susiesan
I put in an app for my husband to get the Citi business Visa card on Aug. 30. No instant approval. Got an email the next day saying the following:

application.

So he called, gave them more income numbers. They asked about household income, he said over $300K.

of the following:

He has no open Citi card accounts at this time. All accounts have been closed, both personal and business. The business account was closed in Jan. 2011.

Should he call and ask them to review the app and overturn the denial? Should I put in an app for the Citi Business AX using a different computer? Do I have to wait 60 days to try again? I really need to get the 75K miles into his AA account for an award ticket I'm trying to get for next year.

I could be wrong but you have to wait for a while after you close your account and apply for new one. I got the same message after closing my account and re-applying after 3 month.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:19 am

Programs: AA EXP
I got approved for the Visa and Amex today. I had the Amex and MC before, but not the Visa. The last applications for Amex and MC in March 2010 were rejected (not a first-time cardmember).
Now I am waiting for the cards to arrive...
Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by susiesan

application.

of the following:

As I mentioned before, if he is approvable, he would have gotten it on the phone when he called for reconsideration and was talking to the credit analyst. Sometimes you got a rep who was not credit analyst but just a gatekeeper - then you would need to convince that gatekeeper to send the app back for reconsideration. However if the Citi person asked a bunch of questions - s/he may very well be the credit analyst who HAS the power to grant approval on the spot after gathering new information. If the Citi credit analyst said it needed more time to process - it meant they could not approve it but they wouldn't tell you upfront and honest (policy forbidden may be?).

You can try calling for reconsideration again - chances are, you are wasting your time and effort because of the second denial reason.

Susie, your wish aside... your strategy or lack thereof, is not going to help you achieve your "need".

You do not even realize it requires 90+ days between biz card app, do you?
Whether you use a different computer, a different EIN, you will get an auto denial if you apply before at least 90+ days have lapsed. And yes, there will be a hard pull despite the denial is instant by machine.

Do you want to keep applying and keep getting denials so his report is littering with wasted inquiries, and you still end up with empty-hand?

Read my previous posts upthread about the exact message on husband's biz card denial and see what has caused that. You can first try to make sure if your husband's denial is due to the same situation. If so, fix it asap. Make sure you get a written letter to that effect also. If the letter does not come in time, call again to double-verify. We had to do that yesterday because the promised written letter did not arrive after 10 days.

Then try again after ENOUGH time has passed. And make room for holidays etc to avoid Citi's system glitch - else you would run into another denial caused by miscounting days. just sayin.

Last edited by Happy; Sep 7, 2011 at 9:45 am
Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:42 am

Very strange. I was approved for the business card with a household income around $35,000.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.