Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by SPLP007
The info on the 2nd post is as clear as can be--fantastic!,great work --thanks
but does the 75k still work now that it is almost Aug.??or will it be the standard 30k?? --if this was a c.c. for myself I WOULD JUST FILL IT OUT AND TAKE THE CHANCE AS HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE --but it is for my boss and do not want to catch hell --I know can not guaranteed --have other applied and awarded the 75k this month--- thank you
I applied for both personal amex and visa last week. Got the amex in the mail a couple days ago and confirmed that the bonus on the card was 75,000 points after spending $4,000 in 6 months. The visa is still in the mail, so I'll confirm that when I get it.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by russrexrey
I applied for both personal amex and visa last week. Got the amex in the mail a couple days ago and confirmed that the bonus on the card was 75,000 points after spending $4,000 in 6 months. The visa is still in the mail, so I'll confirm that when I get it.
Wow. You got the card in about a week?

If I could get a card in about a week, I could do this now. Chase seems to be dragging their feet on the Sapphire Preferred. I just called them and they haven't made a decision yet. I applied last week. I'd think a high 700's and a good credit history with Chase on free cards should get me the card.

Either way, getting these two for myself and my wife is $11K in 6 months. The Chase is $3K in 3 months. $14K in 6 months is just around what I normally spend, so it could be down to the wire. I might take the chance, and if I am close to getting stuck at the end I will buy some gift cards. Plus, I have Christmas over the next 6 months, so that should help.

I don't want to pass up 150K points for both of us.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by TravelMutt
Wow. You got the card in about a week?

If I could get a card in about a week, I could do this now. Chase seems to be dragging their feet on the Sapphire Preferred. I just called them and they haven't made a decision yet. I applied last week. I'd think a high 700's and a good credit history with Chase on free cards should get me the card.

Either way, getting these two for myself and my wife is $11K in 6 months. The Chase is $3K in 3 months. $14K in 6 months is just around what I normally spend, so it could be down to the wire. I might take the chance, and if I am close to getting stuck at the end I will buy some gift cards. Plus, I have Christmas over the next 6 months, so that should help.

I don't want to pass up 150K points for both of us.
Post two says you'll get your card in about a week. Unless you live somewhere where the mail is delayed, you'll get it in about a week. There's very little downside to just getting them all now. The upside is a whole lot of points. If you're very close to the spend requirements, you could just buy some gift cards in the last month to put you over the top on each card in question. You're only shifting your spend then, so its not that big of a deal really.

Actually, you can get 225k for both of you if you apply for the business card by following post two. The business card is only $1500 spend, so just buy some gifts cards, or pay some recurring bills in advance or buy some chirstmas gifts or something. It's probably worth it to get in on the business card for the both of you. 550k on AA will last a while unless you're planning around the world trips.

Last edited by Infinion; Jul 28, 2011 at 10:27 am Reason: Added bus card
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Infinion
Post two says you'll get your card in about a week. Unless you live somewhere where the mail is delayed, you'll get it in about a week. There's very little downside to just getting them all now. The upside is a whole lot of points. If you're very close to the spend requirements, you could just buy some gift cards in the last month to put you over the top on each card in question. You're only shifting your spend then, so its not that big of a deal really.
I don't plan on applying for any more cards for a while after these, so buying giftcards to meet the final spend shouldn't be a problem.

Looks like I have some applying to do tonight.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by TravelMutt
I don't plan on applying for any more cards for a while after these, so buying giftcards to meet the final spend shouldn't be a problem.

Looks like I have some applying to do tonight.

Follow post two exactly! Good luck. Happy flying.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:43 am

To be clear, this means you (and partner) actually got two $1500 visa spends and two $4000 visa spends? The issue isn't that the apps don't work or something, its that people claim to be using the $1500 links, and actually receive $4000 offers. For some, this isn't a big deal, but if you're applying for these as part of a churn cycle, adding $2500 in required spend could create an issue.
We each got the $1500 and the $4000.

We got them in the mail maybe a month ago and the good news is that we're not far from finishing the spending requirement. I've been doing some traveling for work, so I've put it on the card and gotten reimbursed. Just put down over $4200 as a deposit for meeting space, getting reimbursed. That took care of one card.

Last edited by TimesTwo; Jul 28, 2011 at 10:49 am Reason: making more clear
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:47 am

Oh, wait, I didn't answer your question fully, did I? Yes, we got $1500 and $4000 each without clearing. That said, it doesn't hurt to be cautious, but it didn't matter for us (at least when we applied a month or so ago).
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:57 am

thanks 4 the info and advice about 20% hedge to cover my ......

i will print out the instructions, if "HE" approves the great risk (lol) I will let u know results -tks
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:00 am

thanks 4 the info and advice about 20% hedge to cover my ......

i will print out the instructions, if "HE" approves the great risk (lol) I will let u know results -tks
Also FYI, a few people report getting two $4000 spend cards instead of one $1500 spend and one $4000 spend. So, you might submit that to boss as a possibility. Generally, people that follow post 2 exactly are getting the right thing, but just so you're aware of that possibility.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:15 am

The one thing I have learned with working for boss -- follow instructions!!!, thanks for the heads up--I say to myself the more miles he will get-- the further away he will be from the office and I can then get some real work done.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:17 am

I just called to activate me citi persoanl visa and the csr told me that I was only signed up for the spend $750 for 30k miles.

Should I call againg and double check or is this offer not valid?
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:18 am

The one thing I have learned with working for boss -- follow instructions!!!, thanks for the heads up--I say to myself the more miles he will get-- the further away he will be from the office and I can then get some real work done.
Way OT, but had to add. Couple years ago boss went to UK to teach for 4 months. While he was away, time billed to clients increased by almost 20% from the adjusted previous year.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by olpii
I just called to activate me citi persoanl visa and the csr told me that I was only signed up for the spend $750 for 30k miles.

Should I call againg and double check or is this offer not valid?
Offer has been valid very recently. Did you clear cookies or use an incognito window when applying? Also, which link did you use? Yes, call again.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:21 am

yes --please call a 2nd time and let us know --tks-- --- sorry to ask u this --- did u follow the instruction in the 2nd post?
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:24 am

Offer has been valid very recently. Did you clear cookies or use an incognito window when applying? Also, which link did you use? Yes, call again.
Yea I signed up just like post # 2 described. I only signed for visa personal and for visa business. I got instant approval for personal and had to wait for business card for a decision.

What should I ask the CSR if I call again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.