Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
I don't know how long it has been the case, but I noticed this morning the $4k spend card's offer page is now dead. I have removed it.
I still see 3 $4000 offers on post #2 - which one did you remove?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Paulchili
I still see 3 $4000 offers on post #2 - which one did you remove?
I believe he removed the "offer page", meaning the page showing the offer... not the application page.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 2:26 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Francis85
I received both the Visa and Amex yesterday. Activated today and confirmed the 1500 and 4000 requirements and mileage bonuses.

I never heard a peep from Amex after I applied, so I was a little nervous, but Visa did send me an email and then a letter saying I was approved prior to receiving the cards. I used Safari to apply, Visa first then Amex, and cleared cookies in between.

The 1500 won't be a problem to hit, but the 4000 is pushing it a little for me without the mint being an option any longer. I figure I'll just use Square for the 4000 and eat the 2.75% fee and think of it as paying $110 for 75,000 miles (roundtrip to Europe basically) (worth it)--unless some other free-spending miracle options pops up
Square won't replace the mint for just churning up extra miles (the fee means its too costly for regular mileage earning), but as far as these sorts of situations (spending req's for bonus miles), it's probably worthwhile--especially for 75K.
Definitely OT but what is square and how do you clear cookies on Safari?
Old Jul 27, 2011, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Definitely OT but what is square and how do you clear cookies on Safari?

google 'square up' or 'square up iphone'.

I only replied because I had a heck of a time finding how to clear cookies on my wife's macbook. Remember, it always has to be intuitive, so just look where you think it should be. I'm at work now, but I think it was preferences -> security? -> show cookies -> then there is a button to remove all or something.

If no one else gives you a good answer, I'll look it up for sure when I get home and have access to the mac.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Happy
I believe he removed the "offer page", meaning the page showing the offer... not the application page.
Yes, he removed the offer page, but I'm pretty sure it had been broken for a while now. I never actually saw an offer page.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 7:15 am

FYI: I applied for both personal cards for both my partner and I on the same computer, and didn't bother to clear the cookies. I didn't have any issues w/ four apps. YMMV, of course, and it doesn't hurt to be cautious, but it didn't matter for us.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by TimesTwo
FYI: I applied for both personal cards for both my partner and I on the same computer, and didn't bother to clear the cookies. I didn't have any issues w/ four apps. YMMV, of course, and it doesn't hurt to be cautious, but it didn't matter for us.
To be clear, this means you (and partner) actually got two $1500 visa spends and two $4000 visa spends? The issue isn't that the apps don't work or something, its that people claim to be using the $1500 links, and actually receive $4000 offers. For some, this isn't a big deal, but if you're applying for these as part of a churn cycle, adding $2500 in required spend could create an issue.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 9:06 am

Programs: AA, US
i still received the 1500 deal from visa personal
Old Jul 27, 2011, 9:28 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Southwest
To folks having difficulty clearing your cookies; if you're using the Google Chrome browser, there's an easier way. Just launch a new Incognito window. Click on the "wrench" button and select New Incognito Window - none of your existing settings, cookies, etc are copied into it. It's like a fresh new browser, and you can just dispose of it when you're done. AND you didn't need to blow away all your existing cookies, passwords, etc. It's a nice feature.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 9:31 am

Ok, I got approved for both but had to do a chat for both applications because they had to move some credit around because I have a couple other Citi cards. Also got the person I was chatting with to confirm the promos. I'm excited because now I'll have 200,000 miles in my AA accounts!
Old Jul 27, 2011, 9:55 am

thanks

Originally Posted by pbailey19
To folks having difficulty clearing your cookies; if you're using the Google Chrome browser, there's an easier way. Just launch a new Incognito window. Click on the "wrench" button and select New Incognito Window - none of your existing settings, cookies, etc are copied into it. It's like a fresh new browser, and you can just dispose of it when you're done. AND you didn't need to blow away all your existing cookies, passwords, etc. It's a nice feature.
Thanks for the tip. I use chrome all the time never realized this feature is there.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:45 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
May achieve the same end in IE8 and Firefox by pressing "Ctrl+Shift+P." That will start a private browsing session.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:50 am

Reconsideration letter - always another credit pull?

Does a reconsideration letter on a personal card always result in another credit pull? I know it is the case for a recon letter going out for the business card but how does it work for personal cards? Same?

Thank you!
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:58 am

$4,000 spend on Visa

I applied for the Visa last week which I was approved for. I had cleared my cookies prior to applying and had not applied for the Amex. Upon calling to activate my card I was told I had to spend $4,000 on the Visa to get the 75,000 bonus miles. Not sure what I did wrong but wish I would have known as I would have rather gone with Amex if I was going to have to spend $4,000 rather than Citi Visa.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:07 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, WN, SPG
Thanks all. Followed instructions in Post 2 and was approved for Citi Personal Visa. When I called to activate, I asked CSR to confirm terms of my offer. Spend 1500, receive 75,000 miles. Assuming AA doesn't change the program before my miles post, this will easily put me over one million lifetime.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.