Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Old Nov 5, 10, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Ben Linus View Post
My wife signed up for the personal VISA. Where can I find her AA number?
I think there's a hidden agenda behind your question.
Old Nov 5, 10, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins View Post
I just got denied for the following reason:
"This specific offer is valid only for first-time Citi/AAdvantage cardmembers. Our records indicate that you previously had a Citi/AAdvantage account with us."

OK, what am I missing here? I know just about everyone here has had an AAdvantage card before. In the past I've had one Mastercard and one American Express, but I've actually never had a Visa, and the card I applied for was the Visa. I called them and spoke to a supervisor, and they insisted that the application decision was correct.

Anyone have any insight?
Lucky, I read your blog every now and then on Boarding Area and it surprises me that you waited until the very end to try and take advantage of this offer!
Old Nov 5, 10, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelinfoo View Post
I had the same concern. I applied for the 75K personal Visa offer on Oct 29. No verification/acknowledgement of my application and no instant approval. I tried calling but was told they couldn't verify anything w/o an application # which I never received. I finally got notification of approval Nov 2.

I just want to verifiy that I got the 75K offer despite their delayed approval. Where do we verify the info in the activation process (haven't activated yet pending confirmation of offer).
You will. As long as your application was in before the expiration of the offer.

You would NEED to activate your card before the CSR would confirm to you your offer and it would definitely be the one you applied for.

There is NO OPTION but to CALL to activate your card.

There is nothing to lose because whether you activate your card or not, your credit report already has an inquiry and you are already a customer of Citi in terms of the AA card.

I honestly dont understand your logic of "pending confirmation of offer" as a condition for activation.
Old Nov 5, 10, 10:07 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
My wife's first 50K (100K offer--50/50) posted. It is her Biz card so within 6 months, her 2nd 50K will post.

She got turned down a while back due to being a previous Citi AA customer. Both of my 75K bonuses posted on my 2 personals.

Also, one of my sister's 75K posted (out of 2) and both of my brother-in-law bonuses (75K) posted. Both have businesses so they will apply for Biz card at later date.
Old Nov 5, 10, 10:40 am

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by mommafrica View Post
As per your expired 50k for $750, I received one in the mail w/ an expiration of 11/30/2010. The link is www.travel.citicards.com.
Your link has the same expiration date as mine (Oct. 31, 2010)
Old Nov 5, 10, 10:59 am

Programs: AA EXP
For those who have been asked for biz documentation from Citi, just wanted to report back on our experience. They did not accept anything we sent them, including a DBA statement, invoices, and a utility bill (all in the business name). The reason for each was:

- DBA - do not accept at all, wanted a business license
- Invoices - do not accept at all (despite another phone rep to the contrary)
- Utility Bill - did not accept because it was a "web-based printout" (paperless billing!)

Throwing in the towel on this one....We just moved to a new city and the cost of getting a new business license at this address would be hundreds. Looks like we got unlucky or Citi is really clamping down. Best of luck to others.
Old Nov 5, 10, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bubb1 View Post
For those who have been asked for biz documentation from Citi, just wanted to report back on our experience. They did not accept anything we sent them, including a DBA statement, invoices, and a utility bill (all in the business name). The reason for each was:

- Utility Bill - did not accept because it was a "web-based printout" (paperless billing!)

Throwing in the towel on this one....We just moved to a new city and the cost of getting a new business license at this address would be hundreds. Looks like we got unlucky or Citi is really clamping down. Best of luck to others.

Wow, that really sucks. I just faxed in my documentation 3 days ago (utility bill and phone bill), but both were web printouts as well since I have all paperless billing now. If they reject me for that, it would be kind of ridiculous. Isn't "going green" all the rage nowadays?? Feel like we're getting punished for it
Old Nov 5, 10, 7:53 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage
As I posted earlier, I had a 100K offer in my email from August 19. I dialed the number that you call when you have an application number in hand to ask if this offer was still valid since it shows no expiration date. The agent asked when the offer was from and said as long as I use the link, it should be fine. She said she has still seen the 100K offer floating around so I should go ahead and use the link in my email and apply.

So I just used the link and got approved for 20K but there is still no documentation showing what my bonus offer is except that I used the link in my email. I could use the 100K toward LT Gold/Plat. I guess I have to wait till the card comes...?
Old Nov 5, 10, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21 View Post
Your link has the same expiration date as mine (Oct. 31, 2010)
The best that I can say is that this advertisement was sent to me in the mail & on the back it said for first timers who apply by Nov 30, 2010.
Old Nov 5, 10, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by mommafrica View Post
As per your expired 50k for $750, I received one in the mail w/ an expiration of 11/30/2010. The link is www.travel.citicards.com.
Thanks for the link. After clicking on it, however, a "by October 31" is specified. Is there any chance you would have a link (from the offer you got in the mail) that would state "by November 30"?
Old Nov 5, 10, 9:08 pm

spend points

a little off topic, but since all links are currently dead, this will give you something to think about. AA just announced that it is joining other airlines in offering rental cars and hotel rooms for points or points/cash....you can go to thier site and use links of aadvantage program>use miles>other ways to use miles
Just booked a room in Hawaii for a couple of nights and a rental car for a week. Their miles costs are a lot less than United wants for the same room or car. maybe because its new? I am saving 125k for a F ticket to Europe but was looking for a way to spend the other 28k I earned from the credit card deals....this seems like an option...yes i know its not optimal use of miles, but it puts extra cash in my pocket while i vacation in Hawaii so I can live with it.

they offered a better rate on a spg hotel than *wood points would have got me.
Old Nov 5, 10, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by bubb1 View Post

Ran into the same nuttiness. However, they did tell me they'd accept 2 business checking account statements. Some pain, but there are a lot of banks that are pretty painless to open up a business account. Was also told you had 90 days from application date to submit the copies, so you might have enough time to open and wait for the 1st statements to print.

In the end, they did accept these.

Heck, open the Suntrust/Delta account and google Bank of America $200 business bonus, and you'll probably end up with more miles and $$$ to make all the worthwhile!
Old Nov 5, 10, 9:49 pm

NEW OFFER - WORKING LINK:

CLICK HERE

-Expires February 28, 2011
-75k AA Miles Bonus after spending $4000 in 6 months
-$0 AF for the 1st year ($85 after that for personal Visa or Amex) ($75 after that for biz Visa)

*NOTE* This link DOES WORK & will let you into the application, unlike the other link. However, this offer DOES NOT have the free companion certificate.

Enjoy!

SuperG03
Old Nov 5, 10, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by SuperG03 View Post

CLICK HERE

-Expires February 28, 2011
-75k AA Miles Bonus after spending $4000 in 6 months
-$0 AF for the 1st year ($85 after that for personal Visa or Amex) ($75 after that for biz Visa)

*NOTE* This link DOES WORK & will let you into the application, unlike the other link. However, this offer DOES NOT have the free companion certificate.

Enjoy!

SuperG03
I think this should be listed under a new thread!
Old Nov 5, 10, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by SuperG03 View Post
CLICK HERE-Expires February 28, 2011-75k AA Miles Bonus ...This link DOES WORK & will let you into the application, unlike the other link. However, this offer DOES NOT have the free companion certificate.Enjoy!
Cool! Thanks, super!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: