Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2010, 5:40 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by gya007
Hi Happy - I already have a userid / password - so even though at Step 3/4 or 5, it asked me to customize with a user-id, I didn't - I didn't want a create a 2nd user-id...

Was that a mistake, you think?

-G
I too didnt create one because I already had one. I was instantly approved for both early monday morning and have not received anything yet. Maybe the instantly approved one gets processed a little slower in card-making land for whatever reason? Anyhow, you can call and check with them using your SSN. I called 1-888-766-2484 Citi/AA card number listed on Citi website to check that my applications were ok. CSR transferred me to application department and another CSR looked them up using SSN, verified both my apps and offers.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gya007
Hi Happy - I already have a userid / password - so even though at Step 3/4 or 5, it asked me to customize with a user-id, I didn't - I didn't want a create a 2nd user-id...

Was that a mistake, you think?

-G
You do NOT need to use the 2nd userid after you get your card!

It is just a "birthmark" I would like to tag on an application with Citi so I would know much quicker what status the app might be. I never use the newly created userid once the new card arrives. Just do the Add New Account thing to add the new card to the existing userid. (Biz cards cannot be mixed with personal cards though.)
Old Oct 22, 2010, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by thehawk75
Yeah, you're only eligible for the churner card, not only does it give you only 12,500 miles, but, you also have to pay the annual churner fee of $675, and it's also a prepaid card that requires you to load it with at least $1000, but, subject to a daily account maintenance fee of 5% of the remaining balance on the card. Overall not the best deal. It also seems that they run a hard credit inquiry on you once a week while you are a card member, and they even check your FDIMEIN as well. Check post 2375 for more info.
The best part about the Churner Card is that you aren't required to read any prior posts in the thread.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Citi application question

Hello again,

I just found my denial e-mail from Citi for an application I did in early September.
These are the reasons I was denied the Amex:

o Too few satisfactory credit references were recorded on
your credit bureau report.

o The consumer reporting agency serving your area
has reported only a limited credit history for you.

My credit history at the time was less than a year old and I have 3 credit cards. My creditkarma score is 752. Do you think I should reapply? It's been less than 60 days from my last application and I have a few inquiries in my acct. I have already a citi Forward card.
Will I have better luck if I try the business card?

Thanks,
Ngls
Old Oct 22, 2010, 9:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I was reassured today when I called to activate my personal visa card. The rep read to me that I was signed up for 75,000 AA miles if I spent $1,500 in the next 6 months.

I also got the pitch for the protection plan which I denied.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
data point with info

well, after sitting on this one for a while, I signed up my wife, who also recently just received and has been using her 100k AA Citi Visa.

I personally am like barred from getting any more Citi cards for a while. I guess I need to wait a bit longer since my last approved one was less than 18 months ago. I realize some have been able to get new cards within shorter windows, but not I. Not yet. But me wife can, and now it's just a matter of time to see if her new app will be approved or not. If so, that's 75 more miles to be! Woo hoo!

MM
Old Oct 23, 2010, 6:50 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
Generally:
10. 1 business app every 90 days
11. 2 apps every 60 days
Folks, this is the way it was a year or more ago. This has no relationship to present reality. You can no longer successfully follow these rules, they no longer work.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by booyaa
I was approved for personal amex and gold visa. They are on way in mail. Called today to verify both cards have 75k offer.
so for the citi gold aa card, what is the requirement to get the 75k miles?
750 in 3months or 1500 in half a year?
Old Oct 23, 2010, 5:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Two applications, 2 months apart?

I did the 75K Amex application about 2 months ago and charged $1500 and got my 75k miles.

So I just tried the 75k Visa application. At Step 5, it told me to call, so I called 866-606-2787.

The guy just confirmed my address and security word and then put me on hold and now says another dept. will have to process the application and let me know within a week.

But I could call that dept. 888-201-4523, from 8-8 EST, to check on the status.

Anyone else get their application for a second personal card routed to this other dept?

Also, in Step 4, they said to sign up for optional features like online access. But they said if you already had an ID, you have to create a new one? Anyone with 2 Citi AAdvantage cards have to create two different logins for web access to their card?

Also anyone using Virtual Account Numbers feature for their cards? I didn't see it when I applied for my Amex but now I see they offer it.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wco81
I did the 75K Amex application about 2 months ago and charged $1500 and got my 75k miles.

So I just tried the 75k Visa application. At Step 5, it told me to call, so I called 866-606-2787.

The guy just confirmed my address and security word and then put me on hold and now says another dept. will have to process the application and let me know within a week.

But I could call that dept. 888-201-4523, from 8-8 EST, to check on the status.

Anyone else get their application for a second personal card routed to this other dept?

Also, in Step 4, they said to sign up for optional features like online access. But they said if you already had an ID, you have to create a new one? Anyone with 2 Citi AAdvantage cards have to create two different logins for web access to their card?

Also anyone using Virtual Account Numbers feature for their cards? I didn't see it when I applied for my Amex but now I see they offer it.
The new ID is for that particular card but you do NOT need to use it once you receive your card (though the other department review is not a good omen I am afraid). You can do Add a new account under your existing userid. I always created new userid for each new card as a "tag" so I can check their status simply by logging in using their unique userids. Once I got the new card I added it to the existing userid and never go back to the other userid created at Step 4. Basically those created at Step 4 would become orphans in cyberspace.

Citi AMEX card does not have virtual account feature in the past. Also because it does not have virtual account feature, AMEX cannot be your default card at Citicards site if you have more than one card (the first card on the screen when you log in). You will find the virtual account feature under Tools and Services tab at the top of the screen.

Last edited by Happy; Oct 23, 2010 at 10:13 pm
Old Oct 23, 2010, 10:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM Lifetime Platinum, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I just applied for the AAdvantage visa (already have an AAdvantage master card that i've had for 3 years). When I clicked on the link, I didn't see anything about the milage credit. My application was approved, but no mention about miles - has this offer expired?
Old Oct 23, 2010, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by djsusm
I just applied for the AAdvantage visa (already have an AAdvantage master card that i've had for 3 years). When I clicked on the link, I didn't see anything about the milage credit. My application was approved, but no mention about miles - has this offer expired?
I have applied for many a card with Citi over the years... and my wife has applied for 3 in recent times. One was like yours in this way: She applied through a link that was listed on a page saying it will earn the miles, but when clicked on, it merely brought her to the citi app page that we all see when filling things in.

In other cases she got: A link that showed pictures of the cards and the miles they earn, and then that app page and so on.

Both have a slot in the app to add your AA#

I think she will get the miles in all 3 she applied for if they give her the cards.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 10:35 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM Lifetime Platinum, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I have applied for many a card with Citi over the years... and my wife has applied for 3 in recent times. One was like yours in this way: She applied through a link that was listed on a page saying it will earn the miles, but when clicked on, it merely brought her to the citi app page that we all see when filling things in.

In other cases she got: A link that showed pictures of the cards and the miles they earn, and then that app page and so on.

Both have a slot in the app to add your AA#

I think she will get the miles in all 3 she applied for if they give her the cards.
Thanks MM - fingers crossed that the miles show up
Old Oct 23, 2010, 10:47 pm

Newb here.

I applied and was approved for both the Visa and Amex 75K cards on September 7. Can i get approved on the business card at this point? Worth a shot?

Thanks for the input, I've tried searching the thread but haven't been able to find anyone getting all three cards.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by palefire
I applied for a personal visa and business visa at the end of July, and though it seemed like a longshot, decided to have a go at getting the personal amex in October. I got the "We will email you within a week with a decision" message. That was a week and a half ago, and I've heard nothing. Anyone else not actually hear back within a week? and did you then hear back eventually?
Update: this was eventually declined (unsurprisingly) for being a previous cardholder. Received notification by snail mail rather than by email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.