Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Old Jul 30, 2010, 12:10 pm

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by CherylD
Hi, thank you for posting this! I might have missed it - but using the link I do not see where the bonus miles are specified for this offer. Where are the specific bonus miles for this card posted in the link?
Thanks again!
The 75k offer is from the www.boardingarea.com link posted, the 50k/100k offer is from the original link poster on page 7 I think. The 50k offer is the one i received. You can compare the url's to ones others are posting if you like. All links work at the time of posting
Old Jul 30, 2010, 12:35 pm

Business Card

Another data point: I already have a Citi AA MC and have churned many Citi Personal AA cards in the past. I applied for the 50k/100k. Citi AA Business Card yesterday and called in for my status today. The automated system mentioned that my card was approved today. I had been denied new AA cards earlier this year, but aside from the 30k SPG AMEX, I have not applied for any cards since then.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 12:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage LTPlatinum, SPG Gold, SWA, RCCL Platinum
Few months ago, I applied for both citi Amex and citi visa for 35k bonuses each. Have now rec'd both bonuses. How long before I can cancel cards without issue? And, after canceling, how long should I wait to reapply? Thx!
Old Jul 30, 2010, 12:43 pm
jdl

a 150K day!

I have a stack of AA 30K snail mail offers that I never got around to submitting. They've been sending them monthly for several months. I saw this thread last night and just got my spouse and myself approved for 75K each. What a nice way to finish a Friday! Many thanks to those who sent out news of this great deal.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
What number do you guys call for pushing through the application? Regular CSR # found on the back of your cards?

I could not help myself and fired off three apps, one for myself (Visa, had not had that one in a while) and two for wifey (biz and regular).
Old Jul 30, 2010, 12:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by psyflyer
What number do you guys call for pushing through the application? Regular CSR # found on the back of your cards?
I called 1-888-201-4523 (shown in an earlier post.). It took me thru an automated system which confirmed the approval and then gave the option of speaking with a CSR
Old Jul 30, 2010, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton
I called 1-888-201-4523 (shown in an earlier post.). It took me thru an automated system which confirmed the approval and then gave the option of speaking with a CSR
I applied yesterday and got the "one week" message at step 3 of the application process. I just called the number above and the automated system indicated that my application had been denied and that I'd receive a letter with more info. I have yet to receive an email.

So, at least I was able to definitively find out. I've really pushed the envelope lately with offers and decided not to press to speak to a rep. I may, depending on what the letter says, call in later.

So, Happy was right, the "one week" at step 3 was not a good sign. At least their automated system lets you know one way or another. It was certainly worth a shot.

Good luck to all, I'm jealous!
Old Jul 30, 2010, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Premier, American Airlines
I'm waiting for the 1,000,000 mile sign-up bonus, so I can have instant lifetime status.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Originally Posted by naiel
Another data point: I already have a Citi AA MC and have churned many Citi Personal AA cards in the past. I applied for the 50k/100k. Citi AA Business Card yesterday and called in for my status today. The automated system mentioned that my card was approved today. I had been denied new AA cards earlier this year, but aside from the 30k SPG AMEX, I have not applied for any cards since then.
When was the last time you got denied for AA citi? I did get denied around 4 month ago after applying for 2 SPG, 1 chase BA and then the Citi AA I got denied...

Just trying to see if I should wait until the end of September before applying.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 1:16 pm

Everyone in this thread, thank you so much!

I just applied and was instantly approved! I called to make sure that I was in fact receiving the 75,000 miles, (making sure to not actually state how many miles I THOUGHT I was going to receive), and it was confirmed that if I spend $1,500 in the time period, I would receive the miles. =D

Thank you Stoughton for putting up the number to call, and for the lovely individuals who put the links up. If it wasn't for you guys, I'd only have received 30,000 miles. This is infinitely better.

I already have an AAdvantage credit card, but it's Citi Bronze, and is a MasterCard. I'm so excited. So long as Citi doesn't decide to reject me in the next week, I'll get so many more AA miles this year.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by david-alexis
When was the last time you got denied for AA citi? I did get denied around 4 month ago after applying for 2 SPG, 1 chase BA and then the Citi AA I got denied...

Just trying to see if I should wait until the end of September before applying.
I believe it was in January, so about 6 months ago. I was denied for the BA when that came out, but it's probably because I have 3 chase cards already.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by naiel
I believe it was in January, so about 6 months ago. I was denied for the BA when that came out, but it's probably because I have 3 chase cards already.
I will probably wait untill September before applying, just maximize my chances...
Old Jul 30, 2010, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone seen an expiration date for the offer? I think I should probably wait as long as possible since I got declined in May.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 1:33 pm

Just applied for the 50K/50K Visa personal offer and after calling analyst, I got approved.

Citi hit my Equifax report with an inquiry of:

CITICORP CREDIT SERVS INC

Did anyone else apply for 2 offers together? Anyone applied for personal AMEX or Biz Visa offer and got hit with the same inquiry?

I'm trying to see if I can push another application through today with the exact same inquiry so I will only get one INQ hit.

Sometimes Citi will hit Equifax with "Citibank SD" or "Citibank USA", if the spelling is different, it'll be two INQs.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Has anyone seen an expiration date for the offer? I think I should probably wait as long as possible since I got declined in May.
OCtober 31 st I believe, It is somewhere in this threat. I will do the same and wait, but it is so hard to be patient when it comes to miles!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.