Go Back   > >
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 30, 10, 12:10 pm   #211
  
Join Date: May 2010
Location: BNA
Programs: No preference
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylD View Post
Hi, thank you for posting this! I might have missed it - but using the link I do not see where the bonus miles are specified for this offer. Where are the specific bonus miles for this card posted in the link?
Thanks again!
The 75k offer is from the www.boardingarea.com link posted, the 50k/100k offer is from the original link poster on page 7 I think. The 50k offer is the one i received. You can compare the url's to ones others are posting if you like. All links work at the time of posting
jcmitchell21 is offline  
Old Jul 30, 10, 12:35 pm   #212
  
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New York city
Programs: DL Gold, AA Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 82
Business Card

Another data point: I already have a Citi AA MC and have churned many Citi Personal AA cards in the past. I applied for the 50k/100k. Citi AA Business Card yesterday and called in for my status today. The automated system mentioned that my card was approved today. I had been denied new AA cards earlier this year, but aside from the 30k SPG AMEX, I have not applied for any cards since then.
naiel is offline  
Old Jul 30, 10, 12:37 pm   #213
  
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: DFW area
Programs: AAdvantage LTPlatinum, SPG Gold, SWA, RCCL Platinum
Posts: 30
Few months ago, I applied for both citi Amex and citi visa for 35k bonuses each. Have now rec'd both bonuses. How long before I can cancel cards without issue? And, after canceling, how long should I wait to reapply? Thx!
PlanoFlyer is offline  
Old Jul 30, 10, 12:43 pm   #214
jdl
  
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 89
a 150K day!

I have a stack of AA 30K snail mail offers that I never got around to submitting. They've been sending them monthly for several months. I saw this thread last night and just got my spouse and myself approved for 75K each. What a nice way to finish a Friday! Many thanks to those who sent out news of this great deal.
jdl is offline  
Old Jul 30, 10, 12:44 pm   #215
  
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: HY
Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Posts: 2,303
What number do you guys call for pushing through the application? Regular CSR # found on the back of your cards?

I could not help myself and fired off three apps, one for myself (Visa, had not had that one in a while) and two for wifey (biz and regular).
psyflyer is offline  
Old Jul 30, 10, 12:49 pm   #216
  
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyflyer View Post
What number do you guys call for pushing through the application? Regular CSR # found on the back of your cards?
I called 1-888-201-4523 (shown in an earlier post.). It took me thru an automated system which confirmed the approval and then gave the option of speaking with a CSR
Stoughton is offline  
Old Jul 30, 10, 1:05 pm   #217
  
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoughton View Post
I called 1-888-201-4523 (shown in an earlier post.). It took me thru an automated system which confirmed the approval and then gave the option of speaking with a CSR
I applied yesterday and got the "one week" message at step 3 of the application process. I just called the number above and the automated system indicated that my application had been denied and that I'd receive a letter with more info. I have yet to receive an email.

So, at least I was able to definitively find out. I've really pushed the envelope lately with offers and decided not to press to speak to a rep. I may, depending on what the letter says, call in later.

So, Happy was right, the "one week" at step 3 was not a good sign. At least their automated system lets you know one way or another. It was certainly worth a shot.

Good luck to all, I'm jealous!
airshadow is offline  
Old Jul 30, 10, 1:08 pm   #218
Suspended
  
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Programs: United Premier, American Airlines
Posts: 896
I'm waiting for the 1,000,000 mile sign-up bonus, so I can have instant lifetime status.
burgerwars is offline  
Old Jul 30, 10, 1:15 pm   #219
  
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Posts: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by naiel View Post
Another data point: I already have a Citi AA MC and have churned many Citi Personal AA cards in the past. I applied for the 50k/100k. Citi AA Business Card yesterday and called in for my status today. The automated system mentioned that my card was approved today. I had been denied new AA cards earlier this year, but aside from the 30k SPG AMEX, I have not applied for any cards since then.
When was the last time you got denied for AA citi? I did get denied around 4 month ago after applying for 2 SPG, 1 chase BA and then the Citi AA I got denied...

Just trying to see if I should wait until the end of September before applying.
david-alexis is offline  
Old Jul 30, 10, 1:16 pm   #220
  
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 26
Everyone in this thread, thank you so much!

I just applied and was instantly approved! I called to make sure that I was in fact receiving the 75,000 miles, (making sure to not actually state how many miles I THOUGHT I was going to receive), and it was confirmed that if I spend $1,500 in the time period, I would receive the miles. =D

Thank you Stoughton for putting up the number to call, and for the lovely individuals who put the links up. If it wasn't for you guys, I'd only have received 30,000 miles. This is infinitely better.

I already have an AAdvantage credit card, but it's Citi Bronze, and is a MasterCard. I'm so excited. So long as Citi doesn't decide to reject me in the next week, I'll get so many more AA miles this year.
Caenis is offline  
Old Jul 30, 10, 1:18 pm   #221
  
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New York city
Programs: DL Gold, AA Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by david-alexis View Post
When was the last time you got denied for AA citi? I did get denied around 4 month ago after applying for 2 SPG, 1 chase BA and then the Citi AA I got denied...

Just trying to see if I should wait until the end of September before applying.
I believe it was in January, so about 6 months ago. I was denied for the BA when that came out, but it's probably because I have 3 chase cards already.
naiel is offline  
Old Jul 30, 10, 1:25 pm   #222
  
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Posts: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by naiel View Post
I believe it was in January, so about 6 months ago. I was denied for the BA when that came out, but it's probably because I have 3 chase cards already.
I will probably wait untill September before applying, just maximize my chances...
david-alexis is offline  
Old Jul 30, 10, 1:27 pm   #223
  
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Downtown Sternistan
Posts: 6,332
Has anyone seen an expiration date for the offer? I think I should probably wait as long as possible since I got declined in May.
josephstern is offline  
Old Jul 30, 10, 1:33 pm   #224
  
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 290
Just applied for the 50K/50K Visa personal offer and after calling analyst, I got approved.

Citi hit my Equifax report with an inquiry of:

CITICORP CREDIT SERVS INC

Did anyone else apply for 2 offers together? Anyone applied for personal AMEX or Biz Visa offer and got hit with the same inquiry?

I'm trying to see if I can push another application through today with the exact same inquiry so I will only get one INQ hit.

Sometimes Citi will hit Equifax with "Citibank SD" or "Citibank USA", if the spelling is different, it'll be two INQs.
chespeak2002 is offline  
Old Jul 30, 10, 1:39 pm   #225
  
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Posts: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
Has anyone seen an expiration date for the offer? I think I should probably wait as long as possible since I got declined in May.
OCtober 31 st I believe, It is somewhere in this threat. I will do the same and wait, but it is so hard to be patient when it comes to miles!!!
david-alexis is offline  
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Search Thread
Go to Top
Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top