Go Back   > >
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 13, 10, 6:04 pm   #1711
  
Join Date: May 2001
Location: BOS
Programs: All, but no status!
Posts: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahalo View Post
I applied for this card and got the rejection that this is for "first time" applicants. Are you stating that I would've receive the credit card had I canceled my AA Visa about 15 - 18 months ago as a way around the "first time" applicant? I've had an AA credit card in some form or fashion probably for well over 7 years now.
I think the "rule" that we've worked out is that it's a certain amount of time since you applied for your most recent card, without regard to when you canceled it (although you must have canceled it before applying again). And I don't know where the 15-18 months is coming from; I think anecdotal evidence was saying some people got approved even though they had gotten a Citi AA card within 9 - 12 months. (Personally, I am hoping that's true so I can slip in there next month.)

Last edited by pawtim; Sep 13, 10 at 6:10 pm
pawtim is offline  
Old Sep 13, 10, 6:55 pm   #1712
  
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1
AA Citi Biz Balance Transfer. Is this a option

I was hoping someone could help me out.
I want to apply for the AA Business Citi card, but I want to know if they will let me do a balance transfer. I am getting mixed messages from the application line. I realize there is not a special promo to transfer, but I was wondering if they would let you transfer a balance at the stadard apr rate once the card was approved? Any help would be amazing!
chaseup is offline  
Old Sep 13, 10, 7:13 pm   #1713
  
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: bay area
Programs: SPG Plat, American Plat, United Silver
Posts: 258
I wanted to thank the OP and other contributors for this awesome deal - I signed up for the visa and amex personal cards at the same time using 2 different browsers and I was instantly approved for both cards!
the_jaguar is offline  
Old Sep 13, 10, 7:50 pm   #1714
  
Join Date: Sep 2010
Programs: United, AAdvantage, SW
Posts: 7
Hmm...

Just applied to both personal Amex and Visa in separate browsers.

Got to step 3 in both applications. Got the "further processing is required at this time" message.

I know for a fact that my EQ Fico is 759 (updated last week @myfico.com).

No option to call, but maybe because it is too late??? Very strange- hoping for the best. Haven't been denied credit in a long time. Average revolving line is over 14k. No Citi cards...

Should I call tomorrow even though it didn't even give me an application number?
Kevo171 is offline  
Old Sep 13, 10, 7:52 pm   #1715
  
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SEA
Posts: 2,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by footypjman View Post
Just a quick "thank you" ... I'm accumulating miles like never before! Thanks again for all of your helpful tips!
I agree.
Ain't life grand?
muji is offline  
Old Sep 13, 10, 8:04 pm   #1716
  
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawtim View Post
I think the "rule" that we've worked out is that it's a certain amount of time since you applied for your most recent card, without regard to when you canceled it (although you must have canceled it before applying again). And I don't know where the 15-18 months is coming from; I think anecdotal evidence was saying some people got approved even though they had gotten a Citi AA card within 9 - 12 months. (Personally, I am hoping that's true so I can slip in there next month.)
Ok, so maybe it's a certain amount of time, 9-12-15 months since you applied for your most recent AA card that you got approved for and subsequently cancelled, correct?

I applied for this 75K deal in August and was denied because I was not a first time cardholder. Do I have to wait 9-12 months before trying again, or just 60 days?

Thanks in advance, trying to figure out the pattern.
learningtime is offline  
Old Sep 13, 10, 9:01 pm   #1717
  
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinterpreters View Post
We are in the same boat! My wife hates the game to, so every time we have to call, I get the agent on the phone and say, " here is my wife, she is going to give you permission to talk to me" and that's all she usually says besides the normal security questions.
Haha. Not relevant to the thread directly but my wife and I cracked up when we read this and the post above it. I'm in the SAAAAME boat with my wife there travelinterpreters!
tzoom84 is offline  
Old Sep 13, 10, 10:09 pm   #1718
  
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SFO
Programs: Grounded
Posts: 652
Damn, applied for the Visa and Amex card within 15 minutes of each other very early Tuesday morning. Today I just got the approval letter for the Visa, but nothing for the AMEX. No denial letter yet though... Hope I shouldn't be worried.

3x non-AA citi cards, first time AA card.
MrPink is offline  
Old Sep 13, 10, 11:30 pm   #1719
  
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 99
Back when this offer first came out i applied for the personal visa and was approved. A week later i applied for the personal AMEX and got shot down with the "this is for first time customers only" response. If i try to apply for business card (i have a corporation with ein #) will they shoot me down because i already applied twice within 60 days? Thanks for any help
tru2logan is offline  
Old Sep 14, 10, 1:34 am   #1720
  
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DAL
Posts: 267
Got both my personal Visa and Amex approval letters in the mail today. Holding off on some big purchases for the cards to come in. I've got my eye on a pair of shoes and there's just one pair left in my size... :X They're pretty quick, yes?

The opinions expressed here are mine alone and do not reflect those of Southwest Airlines, SW's directors, board or employees. I am fully responsible for my opinions posted.

Last edited by KelseyR; Sep 17, 10 at 3:43 am Reason: disclaimer
KelseyR is offline  
Old Sep 14, 10, 3:59 am   #1721
  
Join Date: May 2001
Location: BOS
Programs: All, but no status!
Posts: 751
Not sure. Back in the olden days of the 60 day rule, any application to Citi, whether approved or not, reset the clock. Now that we're in the era of "first timers only" I don't think we have too many data points on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtime View Post
Ok, so maybe it's a certain amount of time, 9-12-15 months since you applied for your most recent AA card that you got approved for and subsequently cancelled, correct?

I applied for this 75K deal in August and was denied because I was not a first time cardholder. Do I have to wait 9-12 months before trying again, or just 60 days?

Thanks in advance, trying to figure out the pattern.
pawtim is offline  
Old Sep 14, 10, 4:06 am   #1722
  
Join Date: May 2001
Location: BOS
Programs: All, but no status!
Posts: 751
My assumption is no.

Unlike a sole proprietorship, a corporation is a separate entity from you, so although "you" applied twice within the past 60 days, "it" has not. If you can avoid giving your SSN on the corporation's application, I'd avoid it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru2logan View Post
Back when this offer first came out i applied for the personal visa and was approved. A week later i applied for the personal AMEX and got shot down with the "this is for first time customers only" response. If i try to apply for business card (i have a corporation with ein #) will they shoot me down because i already applied twice within 60 days? Thanks for any help
pawtim is offline  
Old Sep 14, 10, 7:20 am   #1723
  
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawtim View Post
Not sure. Back in the olden days of the 60 day rule, any application to Citi, whether approved or not, reset the clock. Now that we're in the era of "first timers only" I don't think we have too many data points on this.
Yeah, it's confusing. How do I go back to being a first time cardmember? Surely, it's not just people who have have NEVER had an AA card. Thoughts, please share.
learningtime is offline  
Old Sep 14, 10, 8:14 am   #1724
  
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: jax fl us
Posts: 38
our records do not indicate...

I was approved for both visa and amex -and called to answer questions and be approved - verified the offer then and messaged citi to confirm the offer and the visa records showed yes I have the offer however the amex message came back with this

Our records do not indicate you were solicited for the offer you mentioned. Please send a copy of the front and back of the offer you received. Once we receive this information, we will review your account and contact you.

since I applied online I do not have the front and back of the offer -so I guess all I can do is submit a screen print of the offer- has anyone else had this happen? If so did you send a screen print and did they confirm? Thanks!
oops - I can't find a screen print of the offer- I searched this thread and one at another site and don't see one- can anyone point me to it? thanks!

Last edited by cevee; Sep 14, 10 at 8:36 am Reason: need screen print
cevee is offline  
Old Sep 14, 10, 8:28 am   #1725
  
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 41
I wanted to thank the OP and other for posting this deal. I just received my amex personal card yesterday. Now just need to figure how to spend the $1500 and get my 75k miles before planning my trip to Egypt/India in Nov
dany2k3m is offline  
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Search Thread
Go to Top
Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top