[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2010, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Maybe someone here who did get the offer email could call up Citi to ask if they can forward the offer to a friend? That could answer whether it's targeted or not.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: No preference
From what I understand, you don't have to choose between. You can get the bonus for each card. But as always, YMMV
Old Jul 30, 2010, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So no one is worried about this language:

This Citi® / AAdvantage® card offer is valid only for first-time Citi® / AAdvantage® cardmembers who apply pursuant to this offer for an account. The American Airlines AAdvantage® miles will appear as a bonus in your AAdvantage® account 8-10 weeks after you have met the purchase requirements.
I know that back in the day Citi routinely ignored this and churning was in force, but it clearly seems that life is very, very different over at Citi now. I've had lots of issues with them recently, and I've got no reason to believe I've got any shot at a new card with miles as an existing cardmember. Certainly, if asked to show my original terms, I'd have to show this and they'd reject me immediately.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 7:27 am

Programs: No preference
I have never had a Citi card before, so this is spec for me. But from what I've read of existing members ... possibile bonus if you've had your account closed for several years, bonus for existing members who haven't had card particular card.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by swag
Maybe someone here who did get the offer email could call up Citi to ask if they can forward the offer to a friend? That could answer whether it's targeted or not.
work sched is a little busy to spend the time on the line with cust service today... if i get a chance i am going to try to ask if they will bump my offer up to the 75k or add the 50K bonus to it... i'll ask about forwarding to friends as well and let you know.

edit:
i didnt get my offer until this morning, so they are spacing out the emails at least somewhat. if you haven't received one, there is still hope!

Last edited by bt13; Jul 30, 2010 at 7:38 am Reason: adding to post
Old Jul 30, 2010, 7:37 am

It might be targeted. I got the 50k miles offer. The URL is
https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3001

However, if you checked the source code, the actual link is:
http://link.aa.com/r/OAF92B/DYH4H/5E...IG7/J3QYR/DD/h

This will then jump to the application page.

Maybe the promotion code and other information is embedded in the shorter URL..Can anybody help me show their actual link for 50k miles offer?
Old Jul 30, 2010, 8:16 am

75K Business Visa Link

Can someone who received the offer please post link for 75k offer for VISA Business Card? All the above links seem to only go to the regular VISA (though the business visa is mentioned in the e-mail as part of the offer). I have not had that before and want to try for that card. Thanks!
Old Jul 30, 2010, 8:22 am

gil 123 here's the link:
https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3006
Old Jul 30, 2010, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Schutzee
Sweet. Thanks!
Old Jul 30, 2010, 8:38 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by spankytoes
Just got the 100k offer in my email. I have NO shot at being approved because my credit is only in the high 600's. (Got to love decisions in college) So, if I got it, surely some of you other guys will be blessed as well. It says my FF# on the email, so it must be linked with AAdvantage more than anything else.

Link removed. Sorry guys
Well, I was approved over the phone for the 100k promo. I'm extremely excited about this!

The CSR was going to offer me 30,000 miles until I mentioned the 100K promo. While on the phone, she had me forward the email from my Yahoo account so that she could verify that it was sent to me. (I.E. My personal email, my name, my AAdvantage #, etc.) Once verified, she said that I would get the 100k miles provided that I meet the terms as outlined. I'm guessing this is why an attempt to provide a link will bring up your personal information if shared.

Not sure if this is relevant, but my stats are: AA Gold, 70,000 miles in my account, AAdvantage member for 3 years and never cashed in any of my miles for award travel. I have to fly DFW-TUL for business a lot, so I'll make Platinum before the year is up...just to lose it a month later. I've also never had a Citi credit card.

So the moral of the story is that yes, this is a targeted offer. I can't speak about the 75k offer.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 8:41 am

Can someone please also post a screenshot of the 75k promo email?
Old Jul 30, 2010, 8:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, SPG Plat
75K -- applied and approved

Have never had a Citi Card. But, thanks to this link (http://boardingarea.com/blogs/tmtrav...ard-75k-offer/) I applied and was approved for the 75K offer. ^
Old Jul 30, 2010, 8:58 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
I'll have to cancel at least my personal card sometime in the next month (after I meet my extra spend bonus they offered me when I called to cancel last month) and then apply for one (or more) of these in October sometime.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by airshadow
I did not receive an email offer, but decided to apply anyway. I currently have a pers CitiAA AMEX and CitiAA Biz card. I applied using the 75k link. I didn't get instant approval, instead "We have received your application and further processing is required at this time. We will contact you within a week via email regarding our decision. Thank you for requesting a Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa Signature® Card"

I will let you know...
Hate to rain on you - but if you got this language at Step 3, it is a telltale sign of denial. You most likely will receive the denial email in a few days with the reason being "existing customer).

Last edited by Happy; Jul 30, 2010 at 9:23 am
Old Jul 30, 2010, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Hate to rain on you - but if you got this language at Step 3, it is a telltale sign of denial. You most likely will receive the denial email in a few days with the reason being "existing customer).
Really? That sucks. So, Citi only gives instant approvals or nothing at all?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.