FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   Chase Continental OnePass Plus - 25k+5k+$50 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1105875-chase-continental-onepass-plus-25k-5k-50-a.html)

msp2msy Jul 15, 2010 1:14 pm

Chase Continental OnePass Plus - 25k+5k+$50

Received what appears to be a targeted email from Chase/Continental today but I don't think it's restricted to the targeted audience.

Chase Continental OnePass Plus Card.
25k miles on first purchase.
5k miles on adding an authorized user to account within two months of opening account and making first purchase.
No annual fee for the first year, $85 thereafter.
$50 statement CREDIT after your first purchase.
10k miles on spending $25k annually.
Free first checked bag.
And other usual benefits as shown here:

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...?offer=OPP30AU

I stripped off a few items from the URL that could be trackers back to me (I might take this offer before the CO/United merger) but the offer code seems to be key. It does require you to log in to your Onepass account. Unfortunately, I can't verify if it truly works or not. The page after clicking apply now prefills info from Continental into the Chase application and lists the core credit card terms but doesn't reiterate the offer details. It behaves the same for me and my wife (who has the card) though and there are no error messages when just using the offer code in the link above, up to the submit button.

No stated expiration date in my email.

Nothing dramatically better than usual but if you were thinking about it anyway, a $50 statement CREDIT is a nice little bonus I suppose.

Of course, I'm wondering if this is as good as it gets before the CO/UAL merger or if I should wait... I don't have a lot of tolerance for a card with a high spending requirement before the end of the year (too many of those as it is). It'll be nice to see the CO/UAL accounts merge.

PS: This is my first new thread created. I saw an old link from February of a similar (not the same) offer that's long expired and off-topic. And didn't see any posts of this in Milesbuzz or the CO forum. Debated which forum was better for this and the Help screen didn't seem clear. If I chose the wrong forum or should have tacked this onto the end of the old thread, I apologize in advance.

Happy Jul 15, 2010 3:35 pm

What was the previous best offer on CO card?

I got the same email as well. Just wonder was the previous best offer a 30K no annual fee version?

It seems this targeted offer is the same as what is available to the Public on CO website other than the extra $50 Statement credit.

msp2msy Jul 15, 2010 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 14307465)
I got the same email as well. Just wonder was the previous best offer a 30K no annual fee version?

It seems this targeted offer is the same as what is available to the Public on CO website other than the extra $50 Statement credit.

There was a deal I read about in one of the older threads about the presidential plus MC actually having the annual fee waived in spring of this year. I didn't investigate too much since it was expired. I'd guess it was targeted and restricted.

This one, for us, is better than the 30k since I can add my wife and achieve the same but with the $50 back. But $50 is just barely marginally better and that only works if you can add an authorized user. The fact that I'm already an auth. user on her Chase CO MC doesn't seem to have stopped me from receiving the offer.

Happy Jul 15, 2010 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by msp2msy (Post 14307804)
The fact that I'm already an auth. user on her Chase CO MC doesn't seem to have stopped me from receiving the offer.

It never would. These are independent. Card issuers only care about Primary cardholders as they are the ones have the ultimate responsibilities of paying the credit card bills.

It is not uncommon that one partner has to pay a huge card debt run up by the spousal authorized user, even they divorce.

muji Jul 15, 2010 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by msp2msy (Post 14306587)
PS: This is my first new thread created... If I chose the wrong forum or should have tacked this onto the end of the old thread, I apologize in advance.

Good work. No need to apologize.

flyaaah Jul 16, 2010 12:50 am

the $50 statement credit

The $50 statement credit offer can be found on the website if you pretend to book a ticket up to the pricing page. The same offer format as in the Continental.com home page but this time with the statement offer.

Or you can just click here
https://www.continental.com/web/en-U...30AU&mkid=6MRK

Lurker1999 Jul 18, 2010 12:27 am

Wirelessly posted (Treo 650: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint Treo850e)

Can you get the 25000 miles if you've received a prior bonus from Chase? Their old cards used to have fine print about only one bonus per person.

This new offer didn't appear to have the same restrictions and could be nice for a quick $50 plus some miles.

iolairemcfadden Jul 18, 2010 6:07 am

Originally Posted by Lurker1999 (Post 14318386)
Wirelessly posted (Treo 650: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint Treo850e)

Can you get the 25000 miles if you've received a prior bonus from Chase? Their old cards used to have fine print about only one bonus per person.

I believe the following says no:
OnePass Plus Rewards

25,000 BONUS MILES: You will qualify and receive your bonus after your first purchase/first use of the card. First purchase/first use includes purchases, balance transfers, or any checks that are used to access your account, and excludes cash advances. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus miles to post to your account. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time Continental Airlines personal cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing Continental Airlines personal cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.

Lurker1999 Jul 18, 2010 10:43 am

Ah pity. In that case there's no real point in opening the card just for a $50 statement credit.

rsercely Jul 18, 2010 9:49 pm

Ah, for the old days....

Best offer I ever got - take the card, get a 2-for-1 trans-Atlantic ticket.

Took the card, booked 2 coach tickets for $500 (this was 12 years ago) got to the airporport, flight was over sold.

AA gave us $1000, each!!! Flew us to Chicago, paid for meals and hotels, and then on to Paris the next day.

jdw715 Jul 29, 2010 3:22 pm

I applied for the card about a month before this offer came out. Will they give the $50 credit now? Better to call than use online method?

msp2msy Jul 29, 2010 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by jdw715 (Post 14388497)
I applied for the card about a month for this offer came out. Will they give the $50 credit now? Better to call than use online method?

I'd probably write a secure email.

I just went through quite a round with the Chase CO checking account and, though the credit card group is likely different, it reconfirmed that inquiring via writing is best.

Will they give it to you though, don't know. But report back!

ecq Aug 18, 2010 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by iolairemcfadden (Post 14318970)
I believe the following says no:
OnePass Plus Rewards

25,000 BONUS MILES: You will qualify and receive your bonus after your first purchase/first use of the card. First purchase/first use includes purchases, balance transfers, or any checks that are used to access your account, and excludes cash advances. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus miles to post to your account. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time Continental Airlines personal cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing Continental Airlines personal cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.

I was searching FT to find out when they'll take the bonus miles away. Can't seem to find an answer or if there is one, I'm blind.

I had the CO MC about a year ago. CO merged with United and there's a new card. I"m waiting for them to take away the bonus miles since they've just credited my account. Just wondering how long it'll take them to catch up.

CMHFlyerOH Aug 18, 2010 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by ecq (Post 14505410)
I was searching FT to find out when they'll take the bonus miles away. Can't seem to find an answer or if there is one, I'm blind.

I had the CO MC about a year ago. CO merged with United and there's a new card. I"m waiting for them to take away the bonus miles since they've just credited my account. Just wondering how long it'll take them to catch up.

Since you've already been credited the miles, the chance of them being withdrawn is next to null; unless, of course, if you cancel your card before six months have elapsed.

Chase used to have a provision in their terms and conditions for some of their mileage cc that miles could be withdrawn if accounts weren't kept open for at least six months.

tassojunior Aug 19, 2010 4:44 pm

When is CO going away???

I want this card for bonus but I'm sitting out 60 days from the 2 SPG July inquiries and hoping for the Citi AA before Oct.31. I assume CO's here until end of year but who knows.

Around DC Citi and AmEx both seem to use Experian. Chase is fickle. But it would regardless show on any credit report as a new account.

Ah, the waiting for next card bonus is like waiting for Santa.

flyaaah Aug 19, 2010 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by tassojunior (Post 14512443)
When is CO going away???

I have received a flyer offer in the mail advertising about the CO Onepass plus card telling me to apply before September, 30 2010. So maybe that's when.

mahasamatman Aug 19, 2010 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by ecq (Post 14505410)
CO merged with United

No they didn't. You're several months premature.

ecq Aug 19, 2010 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by CMHFlyerOH (Post 14505454)
Since you've already been credited the miles, the chance of them being withdrawn is next to null; unless, of course, if you cancel your card before six months have elapsed.

Chase used to have a provision in their terms and conditions for some of their mileage cc that miles could be withdrawn if accounts weren't kept open for at least six months.

Ok thanks, I don't plan on canceling until the year comes up.

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 14513140)
No they didn't. You're several months premature.

Are you serious? They're going to merge, are you that bored that you have to correct a little thing? It's going to happen, premature or mature. Get over it. This is why I stop coming on this forum, it's because of nitpickers like you.

Golden Sparrow Aug 19, 2010 8:30 pm

Can we hypothetically say that if I got this card and was awarded with all the miles, got a United CC with their bonus miles, that I could get all these miles combined into one frequent flyer account when they merge in say, September?

Or would that not work and/or matter?

MarkMColo Aug 20, 2010 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Golden Sparrow (Post 14513405)
Can we hypothetically say that if I got this card and was awarded with all the miles, got a United CC with their bonus miles, that I could get all these miles combined into one frequent flyer account when they merge in say, September?

Or would that not work and/or matter?

Yes, it is almost guaranteed that the miles from the two programs will be combined automatically. Merger probably won't be official until Dec/Jan at the earliest, so that will give you a bit more time to work the Chase CC angle.

dcv2002 Aug 25, 2010 1:23 pm

OK, I was denied for the older Continental card back in late April (since I also got the United 60k deal). Should I try and get this card now also? (Note: I recently was approved for 2 75k AA Visa/AmEx cards also?

I would like to try, but am thinking too much, too soon....

wise2u Aug 25, 2010 8:50 pm

no need to wait

Originally Posted by tassojunior (Post 14512443)
When is CO going away???

I want this card for bonus but I'm sitting out 60 days from the 2 SPG July inquiries and hoping for the Citi AA before Oct.31. I assume CO's here until end of year but who knows.

Around DC Citi and AmEx both seem to use Experian. Chase is fickle. But it would regardless show on any credit report as a new account.

Ah, the waiting for next card bonus is like waiting for Santa.

Chase doesnt care if you got spg amex cards nor does citibank, its only if you have applied for a chase card recently
I got business and personal SPG cards in July and then got personal and business citi visas in Aug....the only time i was ever turned down was chase, right after i got their sapphire card I applied for the united card, they said too many and made me cancel my old chase freedom in order to approve the united card.

xshanex Aug 26, 2010 6:28 am

My experience supports this. Applied for AMEX SPG personal and business and this card all within a few days. Each was approved. My 30k + $50 just posted. I did get my first call from a Chase representative noting that I had several products with them BA, 2 UA, and now this, and did I really mean to do this. They shifted some of the credit lines around and approved on the spot.

tassojunior Aug 27, 2010 12:07 pm

My concern isn't with Chase, it's with Citi. They seem much more concerned about recent credit and I'm planning my AA card apps for October.

Ripwell Aug 28, 2010 3:30 am

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10846...m_ven=GOOGLEFI

"United(UAUA) and Continental(CAL) said the Justice Department has approved their planned merger and they expect it to close Oct. 1."

flyaaah Aug 28, 2010 6:34 am

Originally Posted by flyaaah (Post 14513071)
I have received a flyer offer in the mail advertising about the CO Onepass plus card telling me to apply before September, 30 2010. So maybe that's when.

Originally Posted by Ripwell (Post 14561123)
http://www.thestreet.com/story/10846...m_ven=GOOGLEFI

"United(UAUA) and Continental(CAL) said the Justice Department has approved their planned merger and they expect it to close Oct. 1."

Sounds like I was right on the money:D

best Aug 28, 2010 1:21 pm

So this new offer is not even close to prior best offer?

Originally Posted by rsercely (Post 14322463)
Ah, for the old days....

Best offer I ever got - take the card, get a 2-for-1 trans-Atlantic ticket.

Took the card, booked 2 coach tickets for $500 (this was 12 years ago) got to the airporport, flight was over sold.

AA gave us $1000, each!!! Flew us to Chicago, paid for meals and hotels, and then on to Paris the next day.

tassojunior Aug 28, 2010 1:25 pm

After the AA cards, this is one I will get as I reason even if the CO card stays a few more months, they would have no reason to do a huge promo on it.

Of course I'm usually wrong on predicting these things and Chase has put first the "no fee 1st year" and then the $50 credit onto the card recently.

cutnana Aug 29, 2010 9:04 am

Was it announced that OnePass will not survive the merger and Milage Plus will?

flyer4512 Aug 30, 2010 3:35 pm

Has anyone received the $50 statement credit yet ?

When I activated the card they told me the $50 credit was only good at continental.com

mileshound Aug 31, 2010 6:06 am

After a denial due to too many inquiries, they said they will only approve this card if I close my UA card which I opened in April for the 50K. I was scared they may try to take the 50K back so I said no.

Did I do the right thing?

dcv2002 Aug 31, 2010 12:56 pm

Well it appears I was approved for the card as when I log into chase.com I now have a United and Continental card showing. Bonus!

Bowgie Aug 31, 2010 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Golden Sparrow (Post 14513405)

That's exactly how it worked with people who opened both NWA and Delta cards: The bonus from both cards ended up in a merged Delta Skymiles account.

It will take a while, months probably, for CO and UA to merge their customers' ff accounts.

Bowgie Aug 31, 2010 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by mileshound (Post 14576628)
After a denial due to too many inquiries, they said they will only approve this card if I close my UA card which I opened in April for the 50K. I was scared they may try to take the 50K back so I said no.

Did I do the right thing?

Depends. You have to keep the UA card open for at least six months; otherwise they can pull your bonus miles.

I would not be surprised if there is another CO bonus offer after September. I think you will get another chance.

Sterndogg Aug 31, 2010 2:05 pm

I signed up for the Chase CO OnePass Plus last week - spent about $120 thus far and the $50 credit just posted yesterday to my account. I’m just waiting for the 25k miles to post.

Last week, I signed up for the UA Mileage Plus Select card and three days ago it was showing under My Accounts on Chase Online. I received it yesterday and upon activating, the rep said I would indeed receive the 30,000 bonus miles after a $250 spend - we'll see if that holds true (not holding my breath) since I already have a UA Mileage Plus Visa Platinum which I use regularly - they significantly lowered the max spend on the old UA card which makes sense - too much avail credit.

flyaaah Aug 31, 2010 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by Sterndogg (Post 14579544)
I signed up for the Chase CO OnePass Plus last week - spent about $120 thus far and the $50 credit just posted yesterday to my account. I’m just waiting for the 25k miles to post.

Last week, I signed up for the UA Mileage Plus Select card and three days ago it was showing under My Accounts on Chase Online. I received it yesterday and upon activating, the rep said I would indeed receive the 30,000 bonus miles after a $250 spend - we'll see if that holds true (not holding my breath) since I already have a UA Mileage Plus Visa Platinum which I use regularly - they significantly lowered the max spend on the old UA card which makes sense - too much avail credit.

Is the 30,000 bonus miles after a $250 spend for UA the best offer available around? Wouldn't mind adding an extra 30,000 CO/UA pre-merger miles.

Sterndogg Sep 1, 2010 7:54 am

There was a thread over on the UA forum about 50,000 bonus miles for the Chase Signature United Card but it might be a targeted offer. I can't find the link to the application - might still be alive though.

flyaaah Sep 1, 2010 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Sterndogg (Post 14583731)
There was a thread over on the UA forum about 50,000 bonus miles for the Chase Signature United Card but it might be a targeted offer. I can't find the link to the application - might still be alive though.

Ok so it is the last one I have read as well. Ok so this is the best not targeted offer. Thanks

flyaaah Sep 2, 2010 5:14 pm

Does the additional user debit card after a year comes with a fee itself? Two fees for one account?

Splittin' Aces Sep 3, 2010 12:05 am

$95 Credit

Just saw this on a banner ad over in the continental forum. Statement credit is now at $95. Still 25+5 and annual fee waived first year.

EDIT: I just checked this morning and they've changed that link to eliminate the $95 credit. The best offer is still the OP with the $50 credit. Strange, the credit was in the offer last night. Should have jumped at it while I had the chance.