FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   Chase Continental OnePass Plus - 25k+5k+$50 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1105875-chase-continental-onepass-plus-25k-5k-50-a.html)

pawtim Oct 13, 2010 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by cutnana (Post 14937375)

Is the business card worth the hassle as well? I think the annual fee is not waived there...

Have you done the Chase CO personal checking account yet? If not, you could get the same number of miles (25,000) for a $25 annual fee, which is cheaper than the biz card.

One funny thing about the biz credit card, IIRC, is that it was $20 for each authorized user I think.

cutnana Oct 14, 2010 5:08 am

Originally Posted by pawtim (Post 14940202)
Have you done the Chase CO personal checking account yet? If not, you could get the same number of miles (25,000) for a $25 annual fee, which is cheaper than the biz card.

One funny thing about the biz credit card, IIRC, is that it was $20 for each authorized user I think.

Thanks but I have done it earlier in the year. If you look at the combined cards the cost is only $35 (85-50) for 50K miles, if you get approved for both.

mileshound Oct 31, 2010 10:24 am

After waiting patiently (well not really patiently) since getting denied due to too many recent apps, I am almost ready to apply again.

If you do the additional user at time of app, do you get the extra 5K? I assume so, but want to verify.

Thanks

coloradodude Nov 1, 2010 8:29 am

5000 points for additional user

I too would like to know if you get the 5000 points for an additional user if you included one in your application,,,

Or do I need to add one after using the card. Thanks in advance for your help

airshadow Nov 1, 2010 8:49 am

Originally Posted by coloradodude (Post 15051876)
I too would like to know if you get the 5000 points for an additional user if you included one in your application,,,

It should work just fine either way. I submitted an application without one, and then added an authorized user on the phone while activating the card. Additional card came quickly and 30k + $50 credit posted no problem.

(so, in effect, the additional user was added prior to my first purchase)

cotter77 Nov 1, 2010 9:25 am

i had chase phone rep tell me i needed to have the 65$ preferred card (for personal checking acct) in order to receive the bonus award....did i get suckered into a more expensive debit card??

HoKo Nov 1, 2010 9:39 am

Originally Posted by coloradodude (Post 15051876)

I would assume you could do it either way since the offer specifically mentions the auth user bonus but my recommendation would be to just do it when you call in to activate the card. That way you can verbally confirm on a recorded line that you will earn the 5K bonus. Better safe than sorry.

Originally Posted by cotter77 (Post 15052192)
i had chase phone rep tell me i needed to have the 65$ preferred card (for personal checking acct) in order to receive the bonus award....did i get suckered into a more expensive debit card??

Short answer: Yes, you did. I did this offer back in May but IIRC my T&C specifially stated that the cheaper debit card would not have any impact on your bonus eligibility. Go carefully read your T&C and if you have the same clause then call back and see if you can get the cheaper card.

Good luck

Happy Nov 1, 2010 11:37 am

Originally Posted by cotter77 (Post 15052192)

This thread is for the Credit Card. There is another thread specifically for the Checking Accounts.

To answer your question though:

Unfortunately it is a Yes. There are fine prints in the offer body that the $25 card also qualifies for the bonus. Language is pretty specific too.

cotter77 Nov 1, 2010 11:56 am

anyone have any luck ripping out fast 6 or so transactions, getting all 25,000 miles and cancelling the debit cards quickly thereby avoiding the 25$ annual fee? - just curious.

johndeere19 Nov 1, 2010 11:59 am

Originally Posted by cotter77 (Post 15053251)
anyone have any luck ripping out fast 6 or so transactions, getting all 25,000 miles and cancelling the debit cards quickly thereby avoiding the 25$ annual fee? - just curious.

You should move your discussion to the appropriate thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...count-111.html

ck8 Nov 8, 2010 1:51 pm

Double Miles Promo? Details??

I have the basic OnePass Plus MC. I got a flyer in the mail from Chase offering double miles for grocery, gas and dining. I threw it away but IIRC it said that I was already enrolled. Does anyone have the exact details? I.E. does gas purchase have to be pay at pump? Is it all dining? I.E. casual and fast food? What are the limits? Time frame?

pianistat Nov 12, 2010 10:22 am

5000 miles

Do they ask for the authorized users' SSN? Asking because in the past I have added fake users and it worked but this time this sentence:
"Reference to the account may appear on the authorized users' credit reports," makes me to believe they will need a SSN?
Also previously the additional card went strait to shredder, do you need to use the additional card once this time?

HoKo Nov 12, 2010 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by pianistat (Post 15127211)
Do they ask for the authorized users' SSN? Asking because in the past I have added fake users and it worked but this time this sentence:
"Reference to the account may appear on the authorized users' credit reports," makes me to believe they will need a SSN?
Also previously the additional card went strait to shredder, do you need to use the additional card once this time?

No they did not ask for my auth user SSN

I was told the 5k bonus would be awarded on first purchase so I bought myself a sandwich on the auth card.

loomis Nov 12, 2010 4:59 pm

I was glad to see that the $50 statement credit promptly showed up on my very first statement.

shibby44 Nov 12, 2010 7:49 pm

anyone know if this card gets you EUA on reward tickets? Elite desk doesn't know anything about it but other FT posts (from August) say yes. help please