FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   Chase Continental OnePass Plus - 25k+5k+$50 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1105875-chase-continental-onepass-plus-25k-5k-50-a.html)

Tailgater Nov 28, 2010 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by denniskiasu (Post 15315725)
"Congratulations. You have been approved for the Continental Airlines Platinum MasterCard from Chase"
i got the following msg from the application ... sucks... any idea why i didnt get the OnePass card? will i get the bonus miles? do i have to pay for annual fees?

Hey, I got the same instant approval. I can't find anyting that explains anything about "Platinum" but I figure that you still get the same miles, but it sounds like it might be with a higher annual fee. It, like the classic, better be waived the first year or I'm going to be unhappy. Stay tuned!

mileshound Nov 29, 2010 5:41 pm

The $50 credit posted 2 days after the 1st purchase. You can not ask for more than that. Good job Chase.

Now for the statement to close and to get the miles.

Milano Suprano Nov 30, 2010 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Tailgater (Post 15324409)
Hey, I got the same instant approval. I can't find anyting that explains anything about "Platinum" but I figure that you still get the same miles, but it sounds like it might be with a higher annual fee. It, like the classic, better be waived the first year or I'm going to be unhappy. Stay tuned!

I got the same instant approval but mine doesn't say "Platinum", just "continental airlines mastercard from chase". I called customer service to inquire about it and they told me it had to do with already extending myself with chase (large credit lines on other cards) so they issued me the lower card and a extremely low credit line.
They told me I could move existing credit lines over to it and then issue me the Onepass Plus card but when I tried to do that they transferred me and the other CSR's told me its not possible. Said I could transfer the lines but no way to change card type. When I asked about the bonuses and annual fee information they said they had no information on any bonuses or miles info but that the annual fee is still $85!
This is garbage. Im not very happy about this. Anyone else actually received this card yet?

crm1712 Nov 30, 2010 6:53 am

Originally Posted by mileshound (Post 15338422)
The $50 credit posted 2 days after the 1st purchase. You can not ask for more than that. Good job Chase.

Hmmm. Mine hasn't posted. It says in the T&C's it could take up to six weeks so I suppose I will just have to wait. :(

Tailgater Nov 30, 2010 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Milano Suprano (Post 15345695)
I got the same instant approval but mine doesn't say "Platinum", just "continental airlines mastercard from chase". I called customer service to inquire about it and they told me it had to do with already extending myself with chase (large credit lines on other cards) so they issued me the lower card and a extremely low credit line.
They told me I could move existing credit lines over to it and then issue me the Onepass Plus card but when I tried to do that they transferred me and the other CSR's told me its not possible. Said I could transfer the lines but no way to change card type. When I asked about the bonuses and annual fee information they said they had no information on any bonuses or miles info but that the annual fee is still $85!
This is garbage. Im not very happy about this. Anyone else actually received this card yet?

First, immediately after applying, I got the instant approval letter saying that it was Platinum. Today, I received an email saying it's the Plus card and that I should anticipate getting the 25K mileage. Stay tuned!

Explore SE Asia Dec 1, 2010 11:09 pm

Might have ended in November. I got this message a few minutes ago when I used the link provided.

Continental Airlines

We're sorry, but continental.com was unable to complete your request due to a technical problem.
Please try later or call 1-800-300-1547 for assistance.

High PSI Dec 2, 2010 8:19 pm

I just applied a few minutes ago and got this message:

"In many cases, Chase is able to provide instant credit decisions. However, this is not always possible and in some instances, applications are subject to further review. Chase is unable to provide an instant decision on your application which is being reviewed further. You will be notified in writing about the status of your application within 30 days."

Hmmmm...guess I should call the backdoor number?

(same number as that one posted above? If not...anyone have it handy?:))

At least it appears the offer is still active...

Milano Suprano Dec 3, 2010 6:17 am

Originally Posted by high psi (Post 15370835)
i just applied a few minutes ago and got this message:

"in many cases, chase is able to provide instant credit decisions. However, this is not always possible and in some instances, applications are subject to further review. Chase is unable to provide an instant decision on your application which is being reviewed further. You will be notified in writing about the status of your application within 30 days."

hmmmm...guess i should call the backdoor number?

(same number as that one posted above? If not...anyone have it handy?:))

at least it appears the offer is still active...

(800) 945-2006

High PSI Dec 3, 2010 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Milano Suprano (Post 15372810)
(800) 945-2006

^

Will call later this afternoon and let you guys know how I make out.

Tailgater Dec 3, 2010 7:20 pm

I didn't bother to call up CSR's when I got the instant approval for the "Platinum" CO card. I'm glad because everything is on track. The "Platinum" label is not so significant (maybe higher fee for over credit limit, etc.). Same bonus miles, and, I suppose, $50 statement credit? I received the card today and it's the "Plus" card. I already got the email saying that I'm due for the nice 25K .....BONUS!

cutnana Dec 4, 2010 8:33 am

Originally Posted by mileshound (Post 15338422)

Same here, the miles semm to be a different story... yet to see them in the account.

High PSI Dec 4, 2010 8:50 am

I called 1-800-945-2006. Put in my SS# and was told my application was pending and that I would receive a letter in the mail with the decision. I spoke w/ a CSR who said they couldn't help me, but suggested I just wait until I get my letter in the mail stating their decision, "You haven't been denied, so what's their to discuss?"

I explained that I had three citi cards open with high credit, and I wanted to discuss closing them and/or transferring some of the available credit to assist in the approval of the card. After a few minutes of convincing, I was given two other numbers to call, where I was supposed to speak w/ a live person regarding my decision. I was given:

1-800-347-7887. I believe this was the line you used to be able to call to apply over the phone. Just received a brief message from Chase telling me this number is no longer active.

1-888-338-2586 - same story, number lead to a dead end.

So, I guess I wait.:(

PedroNY Dec 4, 2010 10:11 am

Originally Posted by cutnana (Post 15379818)
Same here, the miles semm to be a different story... yet to see them in the account.

$50 posted within 2 days of first purchase
30,000 miles posted 2 days after the CC cycle closed

* I did try 3 additional users, but I only received 5,000 miles for 1 user, so that little trick did not work for this card.

Cheers,

PedroNY

HoKo Dec 4, 2010 10:14 am

Originally Posted by PedroNY (Post 15380245)
$50 posted within 2 days of first purchase
30,000 miles posted 2 days after the CC cycle closed

* I did try 3 additional users, but I only received 5,000 miles for 1 user, so that little trick did not work for this card.

Cheers,

PedroNY

Damn, I was eagerly anticipating your report back on this.

Oh well, thanks for the update

koroleon Dec 7, 2010 6:04 pm

I called yesterday and they told me my application was rejected. It was almost three weeks since my application and I had called them several times and they always told me it was still being processed. I still haven't received any letter. Anyway, the reason they gave me was something along the lines of "too many obligations relative to declared income" - no comments about too many applications or low credit score or insufficient credit history. I'm not sure how to interpret the "obligations" part, as I always pay my cards in full. Could they mean too much credit? Could it be one of these cases where I would be able to transfer some credit from my UA card to get this approved? Sorry if the questions are silly, I'm still a newbie at this.