Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Old Jun 21, 2010, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by spatel
The terms indicate "Your Fidelity account must remain open with the qualifying funding for six months from the date that the qualifying assets are first received in the eligible account." Does this mean the full 100K needs to be in the a/c for 6 months? or is it that you reach the base at 100K then leave the a/c open for 6months?

Thanks for posting...
I know that's in the terms and I think it was when I did it also, but based on the advice on FT, I ignored it, and I did just fine.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 3:54 pm

when i say long gone I say it on personal experience. I had my account closed last month because of that. I got my 25k and my account was locked shortly after pending review. What do you know, I am banned from Fidelity now...
Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:04 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by josephstern
Well, I did it in January for myself and February for my wife. There are other reports that it's been done more recently. I think the other poster may be talking about some period of time before this year or something.

And, yes, we both got miles. Same home address.
Thanks. How long after you opened your account can you shut it down? (i.e. how long after you opened your account did the miles post?) TIA
Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by psyflyer
Thanks. How long after you opened your account can you shut it down? (i.e. how long after you opened your account did the miles post?) TIA
They posted in about two weeks.

I still have the accounts open with $500 in each, just for good measure, although that's not likely buying me anything. I'll probably shut them at the end of the year.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 2:59 pm

It is taking a bit longer than 2 weeks to post now. My wife has been waiting for almost 4 weeks, she called -- they said it will get posted within 6-8 weeks of funding. They maybe waiting to see if people are holding $$$ in their accounts, and not giving out miles right away. It was about 2 weeks for me a few months ago.

Also, It is "per household", but as long as you open up brokerage accounts with sepearte SS# and don't have a co-owner, I am hard pressed to know how they figure out each households.

Finally, is it me, or am I missing something here. It used to be $10k deposit to get 15,000 miles before, now they say you need $25k deposit to get these miles. That is kind of a stretch, especially if you need to hold on to those miles in the account for 6 months!

You can get 2,500 * 6 = 15,000 miles with BankDirect by holding on to that money in their checking account for 6 months. That does not inlcude sign up bonus, or direct deposit bonus which would give you an addtional 6,000 miles.

Best,

PedroNY
Old Jun 22, 2010, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PedroNY
It is taking a bit longer than 2 weeks to post now. My wife has been waiting for almost 4 weeks, she called -- they said it will get posted within 6-8 weeks of funding. They maybe waiting to see if people are holding $$$ in their accounts, and not giving out miles right away. It was about 2 weeks for me a few months ago.

Also, It is "per household", but as long as you open up brokerage accounts with sepearte SS# and don't have a co-owner, I am hard pressed to know how they figure out each households.

Finally, is it me, or am I missing something here. It used to be $10k deposit to get 15,000 miles before, now they say you need $25k deposit to get these miles. That is kind of a stretch, especially if you need to hold on to those miles in the account for 6 months!

You can get 2,500 * 6 = 15,000 miles with BankDirect by holding on to that money in their checking account for 6 months. That does not inlcude sign up bonus, or direct deposit bonus which would give you an addtional 6,000 miles.

Best,

PedroNY
Well, they could certainly start enforcing the "per household" rule by disallowing the same last name as the same street address. They don't seem to have taken even that small step.

Yes, compared to BankDirect, and assuming you keep the money in the whole time, it's not a great deal. But for those who want to open a brokerage account anyway, great deal.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 7:15 pm

Programs: starwood and american airlines
Watch out Did not get my full miles

I am really upset and seems not much i can do. I opened my account with 10k and kept my confirmation email. I churned money through my account as to make my 50k in deposits and get 25k miles. My miles still had not posted I waited 6 weeks and called and was told today that I was not signed up for the promotion and that since I had not kept the original deposit of 10k in the account per T & C I was not eligible for the miles. I actually was on the phone for over 2 hours to even get 15k miles. I said to the customer service rep. that it would have been better to have opened the account with $2500, then deposit monies into the account up to the 50k, drain it back down to $2500, keep account open for six months, and he said yes. oh well, will take my miles.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:03 pm

Programs: United 1P
does it incur a hard pull?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:15 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Has anyone transferred securities (stocks or bonds) into a Fidelity account instead of cash? If so, any idea how long one would have to keep the securities in the account? Obviously they would have to be kept in until after the miles post.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 9:40 pm

Some folks may be interested to know that this offer is also available (up to 25000 miles or points) for UA Mileage Plus:
https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...shtml?MSC=UA01
(deadline is Dec. 31, 2010)

and for AX Membership Rewards:
https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...shtml?MSC=AX01
(expires 9/30/2010)

And info about Fidelity 2% cash back AMEX card and debit card is here:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/tmtrav...n-your-wallet/
Old Jun 22, 2010, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by onthego15
Some folks may be interested to know that this offer is also available (up to 25000 miles or points) for UA Mileage Plus:
https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...shtml?MSC=UA01
(deadline is Dec. 31, 2010)

and for AX Membership Rewards:
https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...shtml?MSC=AX01
(expires 9/30/2010)

And info about Fidelity 2% cash back AMEX card and debit card is here:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/tmtrav...n-your-wallet/
Thanks for the reminder.

I wonder why Fidelity chose to up the max on the Delta and AA but not these two. The cost can't be that different. Maybe in time they'll change these also, or maybe, for some reason, those who took the Delta and AA promos turned out to be better customers.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 9:48 pm

Thanks for the reminder.

I wonder why Fidelity chose to up the max on the Delta and AA but not these two. The cost can't be that different. Maybe in time they'll change these also, or maybe, for some reason, those who took the Delta and AA promos turned out to be better customers.
Evidently the UA and AX MR offers have been around for a while, while the AA and DL offers are new and upgraded.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 5:42 am

I thought the Fidelity offer was also "1 per household". I signed up for the 25k but my wife has not. I would like to sign her up. I'm going to check the T&C.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rtraveler
I thought the Fidelity offer was also "1 per household". I signed up for the 25k but my wife has not. I would like to sign her up. I'm going to check the T&C.
The Ts&Cs do claim that, I believe, but many of us here have opened the accounts for spouses and gotten miles.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: starwood and american airlines
The Ts&Cs do claim that, I believe, but many of us here have opened the accounts for spouses and gotten miles.
when you did this, did you use the same home address? thanks. also what about kids?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.