Topguest additional points for checkins [Update Jan 2014 - program has ended]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Topguest additional points for checkins [Update Jan 2014 - program has ended]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2010, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Westsox
Correct! I checked in at Comfort Suites around 7:15 this morning vis Facebook. This showed up in the TopGuest Rewards summary before 9:00.
Got my 50 points today, used the Firefox addon too!
Old Nov 18, 2010, 1:38 pm

Can we remove the posts mentioning checking in from really far away, or can the person who wrote edit? The TOS says you need to be present to check-in, so it would be best not to post about breaking/how to break the TOS.

I'd just prefer not to kill this so early. Just walked to my first place this morning before leaving to work to checkin, I'll let you know how it works!
Old Nov 18, 2010, 1:44 pm

Also, has anyone checked in to a place they do not have an account? Do we know what happens?

I assume the points stay as "rewards" and will convert over once you link an account?
Old Nov 18, 2010, 1:53 pm

Do you see Choice Privileges as an option? I only see PC, HHonors, WR, Elevate, Voila, ClubHotel and GrandGuest. Am I missing something?
Old Nov 18, 2010, 1:54 pm
DrG

Programs: UA 2P, SPG Gold, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by silam
Also, has anyone checked in to a place they do not have an account? Do we know what happens?

I assume the points stay as "rewards" and will convert over once you link an account?
From http://www.topguest.com/faq :
Do I need to be a member of the specific Topguest partner points programs, such as Hilton HHonors?

To get points, no. To claim them, yes. Whether or not you’re a member of a given points program, Topguest will automatically assign points to you whenever you check-in at one of that program’s participating Top Spots. However, to claim those points, you will need to enter your program number for the given program into Topguest. You can do this from either the mobile application or website. Simply click on “My Rewards”, navigate to the Partner name, and enter your membership number.
I checked into a place I didn't have linked earlier today. I will have to wait to see the outcome.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 1:56 pm
DrG

Originally Posted by koroleon
Do you see Choice Privileges as an option? I only see PC, HHonors, WR, Elevate, Voila, ClubHotel and GrandGuest. Am I missing something?
I don't see the Choice Privileges option either. I am, however, able to see it via the TopGuest iPhone app.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by DrG
I don't see the Choice Privileges option either. I am, however, able to see it via the TopGuest iPhone app.
Have you enabled Facebook check-in option?
Old Nov 18, 2010, 2:23 pm
DrG

Originally Posted by foxberg
No I haven't. Perhaps that is the issue.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold, PC Platinum
I received my first deposit of PC points from Topguest.

11 Nov 2010 TOPGUEST BONUS POINTS 250 pts.
11 Nov 2010 TOPGUEST BONUS POINTS 300 pts.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by silam
Can we remove the posts mentioning checking in from really far away, or can the person who wrote edit? The TOS says you need to be present to check-in, so it would be best not to post about breaking/how to break the TOS.

I'd just prefer not to kill this so early. Just walked to my first place this morning before leaving to work to checkin, I'll let you know how it works!
Changed, but I didn't mean to indicate I was violating TOS when it comes to Top Guest (nor do I encourage anyone else to). I have a Candlewood I check into near my house.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:26 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by foxberg
So, is Choice Privileges only available if you are using Facebook to check-in? I'm using FourSquare and don't see it as an option.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by Ms Cat's Travel
So, is Choice Privileges only available if you are using Facebook to check-in? I'm using FourSquare and don't see it as an option.
That could be. You can always email them an ask. They respond very quickly usually.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 1:53 am

Are you able to get points for checking in on the same day at both Hilton and PC hotels?
Old Nov 26, 2010, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by cutnana
Are you able to get points for checking in on the same day at both Hilton and PC hotels?
Yes.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by Westsox
To avoid such awkward questions, I set up a facebook account to use with TopGuest and I have no friends on this account, so no one but me sees the daily hotel check-ins.
How do you do that? My husband who isn't a real FB user, just has an account for promos and stuff needs hotel points. I am a pretty heavy FB user so I want to be able to use the FB app with my account and Topguest with his account. Can this be done or do I have to log in and out of each account?

Does it work with non-USA hotels? We have a Holiday Inn and a few Choice hotels but no Doubletree, just a Hilton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.