Topguest additional points for checkins [Update Jan 2014 - program has ended]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Topguest additional points for checkins [Update Jan 2014 - program has ended]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2011, 6:11 pm

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Does anyone have any idea when the next credit will be made. I had one on the 2nd of march, but it was only for a few days of check ins
Old Mar 17, 2011, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Amyrlin
Does anyone have any idea when the next credit will be made. I had one on the 2nd of march, but it was only for a few days of check ins

My previous Priority Club points posted on...

March 2, 2011
February 16, 2011
January 26, 2011
January 18, 2011
January 10, 2011
December 29, 2010

So we should probably be seeing another deposit sometime this week or next.

Hilton points deposit on a daily basis. I'm not sure about the other programs.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 6:52 pm

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Thanks
Old Apr 4, 2011, 11:14 am

Is anyone else having trouble with their doubletree checkins? They show up in my topguest account, but they have not transferred to my hilton account in the past 2 weeks. They used to post within an hour or so.

My other hotel programs are working fine, so I don't think I have offended topguest in any way.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 9:37 am

Programs: PC, HHonours
Works fine for me, points have been posting daily up until yesterday

Nothing today, and I'm getting server errors when I try and login into topguest
Old Apr 5, 2011, 9:49 am

Programs: *A Gold
I think topguest is down
Old Apr 5, 2011, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by scocjo
Is anyone else having trouble with their doubletree checkins? They show up in my topguest account, but they have not transferred to my hilton account in the past 2 weeks. They used to post within an hour or so.

My other hotel programs are working fine, so I don't think I have offended topguest in any way.
I followed up with topguest and all of the missing checkins were credited to my account. If anyone out there is missing credits, I definitely suggest emailing them. My points were in my account within 3 hours of sending the email.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 12:28 pm

I just joined Topguest and read the terms but still have a question about multiple brands per day. Is that permitted? Can we check into Wingate, a Doubletree and a Priority Club hotel in the same day without breaking rules because they're owned by different companies? I know there're posts on this thread saying yes, but then I saw posts saying folks got banned without elaborating why.

So, official answer? Is multiple brands in a day ok? Thanks for explaining again; the bits and pieces on the thread so far leave me unsure. I appreciate it!

Last edited by NewArrival; Apr 9, 2011 at 12:30 pm Reason: clarification
Old Apr 9, 2011, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by NewArrival
I just joined Topguest and read the terms but still have a question about multiple brands per day. Is that permitted? Can we check into Wingate, a Doubletree and a Priority Club hotel in the same day without breaking rules because they're owned by different companies? I know there're posts on this thread saying yes, but then I saw posts saying folks got banned without elaborating why.

So, official answer? Is multiple brands in a day ok? Thanks for explaining again; the bits and pieces on the thread so far leave me unsure. I appreciate it!
I don't think there's hard rule. It's likely up to their discretion whether your check-in behavior is legit or not.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by mooper
I don't think there's hard rule. It's likely up to their discretion whether your check-in behavior is legit or not.
Interesting. But by that loose rule, anyone with more than one check-in in a single day is necessarily illegitimate because of the obvious: no one can be in multiple hotels at the same moment, regardless of brand differences. I wish Topguest would clairfy one way or the other. Leaving that important rule undefined while enforcing a "smells fishy" test based on unwritten hunches is no way to administer a nationwide (worldwide?) program like this.

Last edited by NewArrival; Apr 9, 2011 at 2:12 pm Reason: administer, not administrate
Old Apr 9, 2011, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Interesting. But by that loose rule, anyone with more than one check-in in a single day is necessarily illegitimate because of the obvious: no one can be in multiple hotels at the same moment, regardless of brand differences. I wish Topguest would clairfy one way or the other. Leaving that important rule undefined while enforcing a "smells fishy" test based on unwritten hunches is no way to administer a nationwide (worldwide?) program like this.
Top Guest is a bunch of a*holes. They suspended me and when I asked to get reinstated few months after they said that I did multiple simultaneous check-ins - that was checking into two different hotels located 10 min away from one another with two hours gone in between check-ins. I don't know what are they trying to achieve but they are going no where as a company with their existing customer service.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, MR Plat, SPG Plat, CP Diamond, PC Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by foxberg
Top Guest is a bunch of a*holes. They suspended me and when I asked to get reinstated few months after they said that I did multiple simultaneous check-ins - that was checking into two different hotels located 10 min away from one another with two hours gone in between check-ins. I don't know what are they trying to achieve but they are going no where as a company with their existing customer service.

Well, that's a bit harsh. After all, you were getting free points, and not actually complying with their TOS, since you weren't on site at those locations you checked in to. Whether you could have or not isn't the point. Being upset because they caught you breaking their TOS seems a bit silly.

I'm sure that you and others were not suspended over a single days worth of actions, but rather, a pattern of behavior that appeared to be fraudulent. Like many promos, I'm sure most suspensions were due to the user being greedy or pushing things too far.

Personally, I have done checkins for quite some time now without issue,...some legit, some not so much. Having a fairly busy schedule, these checkins are usually an afterthought in the course of a given day. Given that, my checkin times vary, along with locations. I mix in other nearby non-hotels, such as burger joints, banks, etc. And never do I attempt to do rapid checkins at any hotel or cluster of hotels. The "worst" I do is one different hotel checkin 5-12 hours apart, but normally it's longer than that. Usually none on weekends, or if I do any weekends, I target a different area than what I use during the "5 day work-week", since that would follow a more reasonable pattern. Work one area, live in another.

So,...my advice to new TopGuesters,...mix it up,...be smart about it,...don't get greedy,...be happy making a little over the long haul rather than a killing all at once,...and have fun with it!
Old Apr 9, 2011, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Imagine that you're at a convention with several employees you've put up at different nearby hotels and you are meeting up with several of them the same evening. Not exactly illegitimate. Doing this seven days a week? Probably illegitimate.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by mooper
Imagine that you're at a convention with several employees you've put up at different nearby hotels and you are meeting up with several of them the same evening. Not exactly illegitimate. Doing this seven days a week? Probably illegitimate.
Good point! I just wish Topguest would make the rules clear and precise, that's all -- so I wouldn't have to imagine what they mean exactly. But yeah, you raise a good scenario.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: Jetblue Mosaic, Delta Gold, AAdvantage Gold, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
So does this do spg? I found articles saying it was a launch partner but currently not on the website. Also somebody mentioned Delta but Virgin is currently the only listed airline. Also can you send the Virgin points to AA? I don't want to sign up if this has no utility.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.