Wiki Posts
Search

AA promo - bonus miles for new AA members

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
AA promo - bonus miles for new AA members

I received an email today. This appears to be a targeted offer. AA is offered bonus frequent flyer miles for referral of new members to the AA frequent flyer program. The refer-er and the refer-ee both get 1000 bonus miles if the refer-ee is a new sign up to the AA frequent flyer program AND completes an "eligible activity" by August 31. "Eligible activity" is defined as a flight, signing up for a Citi AA credit card, or any activity that earns 750 AA frequent flyer miles with an AAdvantage program participant.

If anyone would like a new referral to the AA program, I'd be glad to refer you. Please just send me a PM - I will need your first name, last name, and email address in order to enter the referral. You will then receive an email invitation from AA to join their program.

To send a PM, click my screen name (at left), then select "Send a private message to..."

Here is the text of the email I received:
As one of our most valued American Airlines AAdvantage® members, we are sending you this exclusive offer to earn up to 10,000 AAdvantage bonus miles.

Simply refer your friends, family and colleagues to join the AAdvantage program through the link below. You will earn 1,000 AAdvantage bonus miles for every person who joins and participates* in the program before August 31, 2010 — up to 10,000 AAdvantage bonus miles!

Plus, each of your friends who participates will earn 1,000 AAdvantage bonus miles too.

*Promotional Terms and Conditions
Offer is valid for recipients of this email only. Only AAdvantage® members who receive this email will be eligible to earn AAdvantage® bonus miles. To qualify, you must have referred friends between May 25, 2010 and August 31, 2010, and referred friends must have enrolled in the AAdvantage program as new members and completed an eligible activity (travel on American Airlines, American Eagle or the AmericanConnection® carrier, get approved for a select Citi® / AAdvantage® credit card (Subject to credit approval), or transact and earn at least 750 miles with any AAdvantage program participants) between May 25, 2010 and August 31, 2010. Referred friends must reside in the United States. There is no limit to the number of friends you can refer during this promotion; however, the maximum number of bonus miles that can be earned through this promotion is 10,000 bonus miles. Please allow 6–8 weeks after the promotion ends for bonus miles to be posted to your AAdvantage account. Anyone who is referred by multiple AAdvantage members will be associated with the first AAdvantage member the referred individual responds to. Bonus miles do not count towards elite status qualification.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:37 am
Suspended

Old Jun 4, 2010, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG
Send me a PM with your first and last name along with your email and I'll send you a referral.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 1:35 pm

I can do referral too. Please feel free to PM me with your name and email address. Then I will send you the referral.
After you register, go to https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/...rdownload.aspx to download and install the toolbar and you will get 500 miles for free. You'll be only 250 miles away from the 1000 bonus miles.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 2:53 pm

and?

I too got this e-mail so anyone that sends me a pm I will gladly refer.

just curious, besides the toolbar is there any easy (free) way to earn the other 250 required to get this to work? my pets would like to know....
Old Jun 4, 2010, 3:05 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by wise2u
just curious, besides the toolbar is there any easy (free) way to earn the other 250 required to get this to work? my pets would like to know....
um... maybe not free, but get him/her something at Pet Food Direct, PETsMART, Petco, etc. through Aadvantage eShopping? Well... you may need to first apply a credit card for him to buy them though, if you haven't done so already.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by wise2u
I too got this e-mail so anyone that sends me a pm I will gladly refer.

do a couple opinion place surveys (usually 75 miles per survey) https://www.opinionplace.com/start.adp

and sign up for points.com for 150 miles https://www.points.com/join/c?c=0504-61-009

also I think you can get 2500 for netflix and there might still be offers for insurance quotes.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 9:12 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
500 miles for getting an insurance quote is easily done and quickly rewarded:

http://www.libertymutualonline.com/a...=aa_splashpage

Note - Offer void in CT, GA, IA, ME, MA, MO, NV, NJ, NM, NY and UT.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA,CO,US, and SPG Gold (just like everyone else :P)
Shopping Toolbar

Do 300 searches for 100 miles a month. Register for point.com 150points. Download toolbar 500. Total 750 points in 1 month.

Last edited by cnsoccer; Jun 5, 2010 at 12:26 pm
Old Jun 6, 2010, 12:23 pm
fet

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, UA, AS, DL, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Anyone who needs referral, please let me know.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 2:08 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
One nice thing about this is the new member doesn't have to fly. Other airlines offers usually require this, IIRC.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 1:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by Nelumbo
I can do referral too. Please feel free to PM me with your name and email address. Then I will send you the referral.
After you register, go to https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/...rdownload.aspx to download and install the toolbar and you will get 500 miles for free. You'll be only 250 miles away from the 1000 bonus miles.
I thought you only get the 500 miles for the toolbar if you buy at least one item?
"You must download the toolbar on this page, and perform at least 1 toolbar search and or make 1 toolbar purchase with a participating toolbar retailer before June 30, 2010 to earn the 500 mile bonus. Bonus miles will post to your AAdvantage account within 8 to 10 weeks after the promotion end date. You will only earn the 500 mile toolbar download bonus the first time you download the toolbar."

oops, I see its and / OR, not just and. So I guess you would get the points, you just need to do at least one toolbar search!

Last edited by smilee; Jun 7, 2010 at 3:04 pm
Old Jun 7, 2010, 5:36 pm
DrG

Programs: UA 2P, SPG Gold, PC Plt Amb
For new accounts you can get 500 miles for signing up for AAdvantage eShopping and 500 for downloading the toolbar for a total of 1000.

See: https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/...0&WT.mc_ID=190

Also, there is a 1000 point bonus for AA dining sign-up after $25 spent.

If, by chance, somebody would like a referral PM me.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA, MM, DC, SU
Originally Posted by DrG
For new accounts you can get 500 miles for signing up for AAdvantage eShopping and 500 for downloading the toolbar for a total of 1000.

See: https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/...0&WT.mc_ID=190
Thank you, DrG
Can you tell me who is the recipient of this promo? (AAdvantage eShopping)
Old Jun 15, 2010, 12:00 am

Would also point out that promo code "HIS10" also gives 1000 points. I went partially through signup today and it seemed to be accepted. On the other hand, I figure if you can help a fellow FTer without hurting yourself, might as well give the 1000 points to them.

Might need to signup on the spanish site, but that was not the case in May when I got family member signed up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.