5000 AA miles to open Citibank savings acct. Min $1,000 and 3 months

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5000 AA miles to open Citibank savings acct. Min $1,000 and 3 months

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2010, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I called today and they said the stand-alone USA does not incur the $20 fee. He even put me on hold to ask his supervisor, and he also confirmed that.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by nabeelj
I called today and they said the stand-alone USA does not incur the $20 fee. He even put me on hold to ask his supervisor, and he also confirmed that.
I called around a month ago and was told the same thing.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 11:05 am

Which phone number are you calling to verify that the standalone USA is exempt from the $20 monthly fee?

I called the (877) 248-4454 number on the 8/31/2010 letter that notified me of the increase to $6k min. balance. The person answering the phone was ill-informed even after checking with their supervisor. Not only that, they were unable to access my account with the account number; I had to give them my SSN.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 1:03 am

Programs: UA 1K,Hyatt Diamond,AA Lifetime Platinum,SPG
Originally Posted by vgacolor
Here's how:

* Open a new Citibank® Ultimate Savings Account and deposit a minimum of $1,000 in new-to-bank funds by 06/30/2010.
* Maintain a minimum account balance of $1,000 for 3 consecutive months.
* Earn 5,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles.
* Plus, get a competitive rate2, no monthly fee,3 and FDIC insurance up to $250,000.4

Hurry, this offer expires 06/30/2010

To apply by phone call: 1-866-443-1607
and mention code: C2DB
I applied before 6/30/10 and deposit new money into the account, while I didn't get anything till now.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 7:00 am

I also opened my account in June 2010 and have since fulfilled the requirements.

Miles will supposedly be deposited January 2011.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
I'd send them a secure message about the 5K miles, and be persistent, always replying back when they give you a nonsense answer, until they deposit the miles. I got mine that way. Then close the accounts.
I'm following your advice here, and man do I have a stubborn rep! She's is stuck to her 45 days routine and won't back up. Just sent 3rd message (that's after several calls after which I was told up to 45 days).
Will see how that plays out.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 5:38 am

Programs: AA, USAir
Exclamation CItibank 5000 miles

Originally Posted by friedice
How long did it take for the miles to actually post after U received a confirmation message that they processed the miles to you account? In mine it says they processed it on Sep 27th, and it could take up to 45 days to appear on the account. Nothing so far.
I opened an account and still have not received the miles. After many calls, I was told I have to wait 120 days statement period AFTER the 3 months of deposit. It's been 8 months now. I've called and it's "under investigation". I have all the codes, paperwork, etc. Is there any penalty for them for not meeting the deposit date? Thanks for your suggestions
Old Oct 14, 2010, 1:50 pm

Same story here. Mrs. PedroNY did this promo. She got a response, wait 120 days from the end of it and miles shoud come in with October cycle. I checked AA account, no miles, so I send email to them. They deposited those miles within 48 miles. I did save previous emails from them stating dates, so make sure you do that and just include it with your new email, that should do the trick.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 6:30 am

Programs: AA, USAir
Originally Posted by PedroNY
Same story here. Mrs. PedroNY did this promo. She got a response, wait 120 days from the end of it and miles shoud come in with October cycle. I checked AA account, no miles, so I send email to them. They deposited those miles within 48 miles. I did save previous emails from them stating dates, so make sure you do that and just include it with your new email, that should do the trick.

I called and they deposited the miles. Unfortunate that we have to remind them of what they owe us and battle for something promised. I will never do another promo like that with Citibank again. It shouldn't be so much w-o-r-k!
Old Oct 16, 2010, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by adeleswart
I called and they deposited the miles. Unfortunate that we have to remind them of what they owe us and battle for something promised. I will never do another promo like that with Citibank again. It shouldn't be so much w-o-r-k!
On the credit card side a Citi, the bonuses post like clockwork.

But on the checking/savings side, I have yet to see one post without at least one reminder from the customer.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 8:35 am
Suspended

The more I read this thread, the more I'm convinced that it's simply not worth the 5,000 miles.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 11:14 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Citi AA, Citi PPE
Thumbs up

Rec'd my 5000 miles today, dated Oct 4 on my AA account. Opened and funded the account in late May.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by siberian4
Rec'd my 5000 miles today, dated Oct 4 on my AA account. Opened and funded the account in late May.
+1
Old Oct 21, 2010, 8:39 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Opened and funded my account in late May - maintained $1K for June, July, August. For the last week, have had 3-4 back and forth emails using their message centre. Received a response early this morning from the Service Centre (as opposed to a specific agent) indicating the miles would post shortly - and they're already in my account!

EDIT: 2 data points - this is my second 5K promo and I am no longer a Citi AA personal cardholder (although I was when the account was opened and still have a Citi AA biz card).
Old Oct 24, 2010, 11:17 am

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
is there another reincarnation of this promo yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.