Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

CC summary grid

CC summary grid

Old May 7, 2010, 10:16 am
mxd
Original Poster

CC summary grid

How about a user generated grid / matrix that summarizes the various credit card programs? I've been searching many of the various postings trying to find the right card for keeping my AA points current, but could use a summary page.

I can't quite get the formatting down, but the chart or grid, below, should convey the idea and a basis for a web / forum guru to perfect the formatting.

Airline or Hotel // Credit Card Program // Offer date (start) yy-mm-dd // Sign-up Bonus // cash back % // Annual fee (1st yr.) // ann. fee (yr. 2)

American // Visa // 2010-05-01 // 20,000 miles // 3.00% // $0 // $45
Continental // Amex // 2010-01-01 // 5,000 miles // 2.00%
United // Mastercard // 1.00%

I'd be happy to help on the formatting and content, if needed.

Thoughts?
Old May 7, 2010, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by mxd
...trying to find the right card for keeping my AA points current...
One does not need to have a credit card to keep one's AA miles from expiring, due to inactivity in one's AA FF account. There are numerous other ways.
Old May 7, 2010, 10:55 am
mxd
Original Poster

yep, agreed. Just looking for a summary page for all the CC options that's more easily used and referenced.
Old May 7, 2010, 11:00 am

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Try this - from Ft'er Ingy's blog Frugal Travel Guy (actually created by his friend Howie)

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...BZzdORHc&hl=en
Old May 7, 2010, 11:02 am

This blog has a pretty good grid on the right hand side if you scroll down a bit.

http://frugaltravelguy.blogspot.com/

One on FlyerTalk would be nice as well though.
Old May 9, 2010, 9:55 pm

mxd and Iron Eagle, welcome to FlyerTalk. I hope it will be a positive experience for you.

You'll find a lot of the more valuable blogs and charts available on the Internet are actually done by FlyerTalk members. Also, don't overlook the FT Wiki -- and if you have a good idea, you may be able to start a Wiki page on your own.

Travelers helping travelers is a foundation of the FlyerTalk community.
Old May 10, 2010, 2:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
There's a great thread here on Milesbuzz...usually never strays far from Page 1. Hugely comprehensive CC thread...
Old May 10, 2010, 4:13 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG
Originally Posted by pinniped
There's a great thread here on Milesbuzz...usually never strays far from Page 1. Hugely comprehensive CC thread...
What's the title of the thread?
Old May 12, 2010, 2:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I'd search on "hugely comprehensive". I'm pretty sure that was somewhere in the title. Started by gleff...an FT'er very knowledgeable about CC programs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.