Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Amex Delta 50000 skymiles + 4 skyclub passes credit card

Amex Delta 50000 skymiles + 4 skyclub passes credit card

Old Apr 23, 10, 5:54 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, AMX Plat, Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Document everything with screenshots

Originally Posted by MYRflyer View Post
Be prepared to fight for those 50k miles. I second the suggestion of doing personal 30k & business 30k with only 1,000 spend, yes you could spend 10k at the mint but most amex cards are approved for small credit lines to begin with such as 2,000
I received this offer in Sept 09. Took screen shots of each application page. had to fax them to Delta and fight for the 50k miles. process took 3 months. Take screen shots of each application page and save them. You will need them to claim the miles.
Old Apr 23, 10, 9:23 am

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Why faxed them to Delta? Shouldn't it be Amex who handles you the bonus?

Originally Posted by MSPpete View Post
I received this offer in Sept 09. Took screen shots of each application page. had to fax them to Delta and fight for the 50k miles. process took 3 months. Take screen shots of each application page and save them. You will need them to claim the miles.
Old Apr 23, 10, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Mine actually gives me the 50K offer, stating 25K after first purchase, 25K after 10K in the first six months. I'll be taking a screenshot, anyway.

Mike
Old Apr 23, 10, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA
Are the 4 skyclub passes part of the 10k spending? Or do the just come sometime after the card?
Old Apr 23, 10, 9:44 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, AMX Plat, Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Yes, correction. I had to fax them to AMEX Delta skymiles card customer service. That is different than the regular AMEX customer service.
Old Apr 24, 10, 4:48 pm

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Got the card today. Called in Amex Delta CS number and was confirmed that my offer is 25K after first purchase, another 25K bonus after 10K spending withing 6 months, 4 skyclub passes (I specially asked when they will arrive, the rep read the T&C - 4-8 weeks after the approval), and the first annual fee waived. Will charge 15K to get both signup bonus and miles boost (5K) on this card.

Also requested a credit line move from SPG but was told that re-location is no longer possible. Don't know if it will work if I call the general Amex CS number??
Old Apr 24, 10, 5:53 pm

Programs: Outgrew all status except AA: Plat for life (the program's); Costco: Ex Plat
Okay, called Amex CSR number given on Skymiles online screen for apps.

I can apply for the *Platinum* Skymiles card:

25K with 1st purchase
25K bonus for 10K spend within 6 months
4 club passes

Annual fee: $150 NOT WAIVED for first year.

He was adamant about that last point, no matter how much I protested that others had gotten it waived.

For the *Gold* Skymiles card, I was only offered the 20K+10K deal on the website.

As for applying for both a personal and a business Gold Skymiles card, the supervisor said, YES, you can have both.

But you'll only get the STANDARD offer on the second card, which is 20K + 5K bonus. The 20K + 10K bonus is apparently the "bonus" offer only available to first-time Skymiles Amex card holders.

Without the $150 annual fee waived, I'd much rather get the two Gold cards.

Finally, does anyone know if the 25K bonus with 10K spend on the Plat card is a *true* bonus -- meaning, you'll still get your base 10K miles with the bonus for a total of 35K?
Old Apr 25, 10, 7:41 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IC Platinum, National Exec Elite
So I was wrong. Sorry

I thought that I was kicked out. Experience with Amex in the past resulted in instant approval. Received this card on Friday and called in to activate. Was told that I get 25,000 after first purchase and 25,000 if $10,000 spent in first 6 months. Great deal! Thanks OP!

Originally Posted by trcress View Post
Doesn't work. I tried this and it kicked me out. The 50,000 miles offer is targeted and it work give it to you unless you received it.
Old Apr 26, 10, 6:11 am

Programs: DL Skypesos PE, PP Platinum, HH DIAMOND, AA, CH GE, SPG
Anyone know how long the skyclub passes are valid for / expiration date?
Old Apr 26, 10, 4:37 pm

Programs: Delta FO, Starwood Gold
cdnpilot, I wil let you know when I get them.

What was said to get the first year fee removed? Any tips?
Old Apr 26, 10, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kcdude View Post
Got this email today.
Here is a 50000 miles offer with 10K spending.
Says first time amex delta applicatns only.
Too bad, I had an amex delta before.

https://www.deltaamexcard.com/offer/YSFJ9ZH3.aspx
wish this would work for those of us that already have the card!

why have they not sent me a new one though? I still have the clear card.....(delta plat amex)
Old Apr 27, 10, 10:33 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: AA LT Gold, Marriott Titanium, United Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Very bizarre... I entered my SM# and was told I can't apply as I already have a card. But I only have (and have only ever had - 100% certain) a Business Delta card.
Old Apr 27, 10, 9:28 pm

just got offer in mail

my wife just got the offer in the mail, it seems they're targeting medallion members for the platinum offer as a way to earn MQM's 5000 of first 25 and 10000 of second 25 are MQM's...if anyone needs the offer specifics or T&C i can scan it....it says good until may 31. It also has a web address of www.deltaplatinumoffer.com this takes you to the page where you enter your name and SM#....when i entered my wife's info it came back with the 50k offer for platinum ($150 a year) in either business or personal as well as an offer for personal or business delta reserve which is the $450 fee card.
the weird part is she definately had a skymiles personal card, so I doubt even it it went through she would get the points.....when we get back from vacation I might take someones advise and use the webpage secure email to question a CSR if shes eligable...if they say yes in writing, shes in there.
Old May 3, 10, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion, UA, Chase UR, AMEX MR
Smile

Few weeks ago, I refered my wife for Gold Delta AMEX. I got 10k referal miles and she is supposed to get 20k (first time bonus) + 5k (additional users) miles. I called AMEX today saying that I have heard of this 50 k miles offer for the same CC and asked whetherf AMEX can match this offer for my wife. (Btw - AMEX has 60 days bonus offer match policy if better offer comes for the same CC). The CSR put me on hold for sometime, came back and agreed to give me 50k offer + 4 skyclub passes. 25k on first purchase + 25k after $10k spend in first 6 months. Just thought of sharing this with y'all incase you also recently applied for this CC and want to upgrade to 50k offer.^
Old May 3, 10, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Plat, HH
Got my cards but no sky club passes. Did anyone get them with their cards?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: