Reload this Page >

50,000 on United for Visa deal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50,000 on United for Visa deal

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by patgarrett
How do you know you were approved? I had the exact same conversation and received a denial letter a week later.
at least you got a denial letter ; we spoke to TWO offshore CSR's who took our info, and now every time we call, they have no record of us even applying for this card.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by mrx900
at least you got a denial letter ; we spoke to TWO offshore CSR's who took our info, and now every time we call, they have no record of us even applying for this card.
"offshore?" Maybe they sprung a leak and explosion and the resulting slick is headed toward New Orleans
Old Apr 30, 2010, 9:30 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by uprightposition
^ i don't read the ua threads, so just found this an hour ago and am now going to fly free to hawaii instead of paying. first time chase card holder. thanks very much for all of you who share.

the conversation after the wrong zip code method:
"i'd like to be transfered for the chase offer"
"the 50 thousand bonus offer?'
"yes"

so simple. very friendly call center person from the philippines. painless. under 20 minutes. t&c took no time at all.
I can confirm that as of 5 minutes ago this is still in play. I used the same ploy to get through as uprightposition Similar process: 10 minutes of Rhapsody in Blue, ask for 50k card, spend 15 minutes repeating personal info then listen politely whilst the nice rep from the Philippines reads the terms and conditions.
What I'll do for a measly 50k!
Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:23 am

Programs: DL,CO,SWA
I didn't even have to the wrong zip code or anything. I just pressed 0 said I wanted to apply for the card and got the 50k offer and it was approved. Just waiting for the card to show up. Though I got the email confirming I got it.

Now, I think I've got to do the Continental offer....
Old Apr 30, 2010, 3:56 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
Originally Posted by dcv2002
I didn't even have to the wrong zip code or anything. I just pressed 0 said I wanted to apply for the card and got the 50k offer and it was approved. Just waiting for the card to show up. Though I got the email confirming I got it.

Now, I think I've got to do the Continental offer....
The wife and I just re'cd our cards yesterday. I read throught the thread for the Contintal Chase card offer, which actually appears to be targeted for the no annual fee btw, and it seems that people who applied for the continental card and had just applied for the BA offer were denied the continental offer and card as they had applied for both within 6 months. am i right on this? so now with chase we can only apply for a chase card every 6 months?
Old Apr 30, 2010, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Called at 1:30 PM Pacific time (that's 4:30 PM Eastern time). The 50K offer was still on.

The rep who took my phone call was in the Philippines.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA Silver
regarding koctail's comment...and Chase cc every 6mo...

I got the BA 100k card in late Nov. In late MArch I got the Co 25+5k for an additional user with no problem. And I had that CO cc most recently in 2005...cancelled it when it was no longer churnable.

I did all the same for my partner too. All points posted amazingly fast for both of us.

The thread about Chase 'every 6 mo rule' has all sorts of stories of people being denied and told 'once every 6mo' and others being approved.

I don't belive the 'rule' is consistently applied. But I would go thru that thread.

I need to read thru their again because I want to get this UA 50k card. I will post an update if I take the plunge soon and get an answer.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by detony
regarding koctail's comment...and Chase cc every 6mo...

I got the BA 100k card in late Nov. In late MArch I got the Co 25+5k for an additional user with no problem. And I had that CO cc most recently in 2005...cancelled it when it was no longer churnable.

I did all the same for my partner too. All points posted amazingly fast for both of us.

The thread about Chase 'every 6 mo rule' has all sorts of stories of people being denied and told 'once every 6mo' and others being approved.

I don't belive the 'rule' is consistently applied. But I would go thru that thread.

I need to read thru their again because I want to get this UA 50k card. I will post an update if I take the plunge soon and get an answer.
I would not wait very long - over on the UA forum somebody was told today is the last day. Worthwhile data point: I got the 100k BA card in Feb (signed up on Valentines day - it was back on for a few days then), the 40k (30 + 10 from what I can recall) CO card in late Jan, and the 50k UA card today. Six months; not here.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 7:40 pm

I just put in an app & was told that I had 2 wait up to 2wks 4 my decision(no instant approval/denial). After asking, I was given a no. 2 call 2 check on my status. I was told that it was 4 a 1st time spend.
Old May 1, 2010, 7:54 am

From the email I got from Chase yesterday, encouraging me to use my card: "With this bonus offer you will receive [50,000] bonus miles and one $100 United Discount Travel Certificate."

This was the first I've heard of the $100 cert. So, bonus!
Old May 1, 2010, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by falconred
From the email I got from Chase yesterday, encouraging me to use my card: "With this bonus offer you will receive [50,000] bonus miles and one $100 United Discount Travel Certificate."

This was the first I've heard of the $100 cert. So, bonus!
I got the same email and was pleasantly surprised as well. My 50k posted a few days ago. Very nice.
Old May 1, 2010, 9:28 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
Recieved a letter from Chase/United. "We value your business".

Since this latest United VISA isn't my first milage bonus, I'm ineligible for the 50K promised by their agent. Guess fine print trumps promises. Gosh, their agent sure seemed to have authority to make an offer.

Anyway, I'll cancel.
Old May 1, 2010, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by patgarrett
How do you know you were approved? I had the exact same conversation and received a denial letter a week later.
the agent said "congratulations" and said i was approved and that i was "on your way to travel" or something similar.

fwiw: s.o. has a ua chase and got the "two week letter" answer.
Old May 1, 2010, 11:38 am

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by pierre mclopez
Recieved a letter from Chase/United. "We value your business".

Since this latest United VISA isn't my first milage bonus, I'm ineligible for the 50K promised by their agent. Guess fine print trumps promises. Gosh, their agent sure seemed to have authority to make an offer.

Anyway, I'll cancel.
I wouldn't cancel too quickly. There have been reports on this thread saying bonuses have been received despite having had the same card(s) and a bonus before.
Won't hurt to put a charge on it, wait a while, and see what happens...
Old May 1, 2010, 7:20 pm

Programs: Delta PM, SPG PLAT, UA, AA Gold
Just went online to make some payments and they already have the new card uploaded to the site.

Haven't even received the physical card and it's showing up online!

Guess that means I can fire up those stogies after all...

More importantly, Chase (JPM) seems to be aggressively building up their CC portfolio (by roping all of us in with their hefty mileage offers). They are looking like they will become (if not already) the pre-eminent consumer AND corporate US financial and investment banking company.

Put a couple of bucks to work for you and in a few years you can use those stock dividends instead of points to fly with. Not to be taken as investment advice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.