[Link expired]Continental CC 50,000 + no annual fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Link expired]Continental CC 50,000 + no annual fee

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2010, 4:02 pm
Original Member

I don't see the 30,000 mile offer with no annual fee on the Continental website. Just want to make sure that if I apply, it will go towards my Milethon too. Any info anyone can give me to help much appreciated.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA MM 1K, UK Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb
I got an email for no fee 25k miles card, I think its targeted.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 6:05 pm

I just signed up for the Chase 50000 United deal. Is it possible to try for this card too (in view of the impending merger) or would it sour relations with Chase? (I do my banking with Chase, everyday spending on their cards)
Old Apr 30, 2010, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by cmwdjw
I don't see the 30,000 mile offer with no annual fee on the Continental website. Just want to make sure that if I apply, it will go towards my Milethon too. Any info anyone can give me to help much appreciated.
Follow the link in this thread to get the 30K.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by godlovesugly
I just signed up for the Chase 50000 United deal. Is it possible to try for this card too (in view of the impending merger) or would it sour relations with Chase? (I do my banking with Chase, everyday spending on their cards)
I too just got the Chase United 50,000-mile card - about three weeks ago. Normally I would not apply for another Chase card so soon, however this Continental offer has been available for over two months...so I thought it would be better to apply for it now and see if I get it (rather than having the offer disappear in a day or two or whenever - I have no idea how long the offer may be open). The merger talk pushed me to take a shot at getting the Continental card and the 30,000 miles now.
Old May 1, 2010, 5:24 am

Business version?

Is there a business version of this 30K offer? I want to get every last CO offer I can find before the merger--when these CO-branded products will likely cease to be offered.
Old May 1, 2010, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by muji
I too just got the Chase United 50,000-mile card - about three weeks ago. Normally I would not apply for another Chase card so soon, however this Continental offer has been available for over two months...so I thought it would be better to apply for it now and see if I get it (rather than having the offer disappear in a day or two or whenever - I have no idea how long the offer may be open). The merger talk pushed me to take a shot at getting the Continental card and the 30,000 miles now.
I decided to go for it yesterday. I already have the BA card and recently got the UA card. I expect I'll be declined for the CO card, but figured it was worth a try. As expected, I did not get instantly approved. I'll follow up either way so others will know if it's worth a credit hit to try for all 3.
Old May 2, 2010, 4:08 pm

To get the "earn up to 30,000 miles" offer be sure to use this link: http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...ion=ADHC-chase

If you click on the link on the Continental Airlines webpage you will be directed to a lower offer of "earn up to 25,000 miles".
Old May 2, 2010, 4:26 pm
DrG

Programs: UA 2P, SPG Gold, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by muji
To get the "earn up to 30,000 miles" offer be sure to use this link: http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...ion=ADHC-chase
I didn't see anything about the no annual fee. Is this still part of the deal?
Old May 2, 2010, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by DrG
Yes...however to actually see that in writing and assure yourself of it you first have to sign in (or sign up to get a OnePass account in order to sign in) then as you fill out the application you will see near the bottom "Rate, Fee, and Cost Information"; at present it still shows there that the $85 annual fee is waived for the first year.
Old May 2, 2010, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA,CO,SPG
Originally Posted by DrG

If you you read under the "rates and fees table" it says annual fee none first year.
Old May 2, 2010, 7:07 pm

You can see the agreement here, which says no fee for the first year:

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US.../LGC28724.html
Old May 2, 2010, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by learningtime
Hubby applied for this middle of April. We got a call that one of his existing accounts (United and BA) would have to be closed in order to get this. I asked about reallocating credit but this associate said he cannot reduce other lines, only close one of the other two to get this. We said we'd get back to them.

Is there a way to reallocate without closing the united and BA cards? Should we just call back to get a different person, ask for someone else? Any advice?

Thanks!
Visa signature or a world mastercard can not be lower than 5k each. So if you can find another 5k without lowering any of your other cards below that amount, call back. Otherwise you'll need to close one of your lines.
Old May 3, 2010, 10:21 am

*Link Not Secure*

Not sure if people noticed, or cared about it...but the link to this deal is NOT a secured(HTTPS) URL.

Also you can see on your browser that there is no padlock icon, further confirming insecure page.

If you go to Continental OnePass site, it is only offering the UP TO 25,000 deal, and that one is secured. (HTTPS and padlock icon)

So...gambling on making your info hackable, if you believe it is worth the extra 5000 points.

FYI
Old May 3, 2010, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by audaciousnomad
Not sure if people noticed, or cared about it...but the link to this deal is NOT a secured(HTTPS) URL.

Also you can see on your browser that there is no padlock icon, further confirming insecure page.

If you go to Continental OnePass site, it is only offering the UP TO 25,000 deal, and that one is secured. (HTTPS and padlock icon)

So...gambling on making your info hackable, if you believe it is worth the extra 5000 points.

FYI
I was able to do this at the Chase branch inside Fred Meyer..I printed out the T&C's of this deal for the CSR--he made some phone calls there and wham! i applied for it....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.