Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Link expired]Continental CC 50,000 + no annual fee

[Link expired]Continental CC 50,000 + no annual fee

Old Mar 13, 2010, 7:48 am

Thanks

Thanks a ton Phil and Splitting Aces. Appreciate the help.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 1:55 pm

I also applied for the BA card in December, and got approved today for this card...so much for the 6 month rule.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion, UA, Chase UR, AMEX MR
Does anyone know if there is any referral bonus for this CC? I applied mine last week, got approved and epecting card to arrive today or tomorrow. Just wondering if I can refer my brother for this CC and get some bonus miles?
Old Mar 18, 2010, 3:12 pm

If you add your brother, you receive 5000 miles.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 3:24 pm
nsr

Originally Posted by davevalo
If you add your brother, you receive 5000 miles.
that's authorized used not referral.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Delta2010
Does anyone know if there is any referral bonus for this CC? I applied mine last week, got approved and epecting card to arrive today or tomorrow. Just wondering if I can refer my brother for this CC and get some bonus miles?
5000 for referrals? Nice. How about referring my husband ^
Old Mar 18, 2010, 11:01 pm

Sounds like there is no referral bonus. Just 5k bonus for adding additional card user. Anyways, I received my card today which I promptly activated, added one user and made my first purchase. Can someone tell me from their experience how long it takes for the miles to post? I have to buy a ticket for july 4th weekend. Currently I see a ticket but need these bonus miles to be able to purchase it. Is there any trick I can expedite the posting of the miles? I remember someone mentioning somewhere that we may be able to adjust the closing date of CC statement to get the bonus miles quicker? any exp?
Old Mar 19, 2010, 4:26 pm

Is there any trick I can expedite the posting of the miles? I remember someone mentioning somewhere that we may be able to adjust the closing date of CC statement to get the bonus miles quicker? any exp?
Most (all?) Chase account mileage brands (BA, UA, etc.) usually posts a day or two after the statement close. If you would like to move up your statement close date, Chase seems to be pretty responsive if you send them a request via their secure message system (you can click on "contact us" on their website).
Old Mar 20, 2010, 2:44 pm

I got my 30k bonus posted a few days ago. I had signed up for the authorized user when I applied for the card. I remember there was a trick whereby you could cancel just after 1-year anniversary and still keep the two president club passes without paying the annual fee.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by show_me_the_points
I got my 30k bonus posted a few days ago. I had signed up for the authorized user when I applied for the card. I remember there was a trick whereby you could cancel just after 1-year anniversary and still keep the two president club passes without paying the annual fee.
Can you tell me the approximate dates when you made your first puchase and when the miles posted?
Old Mar 20, 2010, 4:08 pm

Programs: CO, Delta, British Airways, Jetblue
I keep getting emails and snail mail with this offer, each with a later expiration date. But I'm delaying in applying since I got the Chase BA Card in February and had gotten another credit card not too long before that.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by cdm115
I keep getting emails and snail mail with this offer, each with a later expiration date. But I'm delaying in applying since I got the Chase BA Card in February and had gotten another credit card not too long before that.
What's the latest expiration date you've received by email (if you don't mind)?
Old Mar 21, 2010, 10:23 am

Can you tell me the approximate dates when you made your first puchase and when the miles posted?
applied 2/28, made first purchase around 3/6 and bonus posted 3/16
Old Mar 22, 2010, 1:47 pm

do you get the free president club passes right away?
Old Mar 22, 2010, 2:20 pm
nsr

Originally Posted by ejgreenwald
do you get the free president club passes right away?
No, only AFTER every anniversary.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.