Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is there a missing mile amount that's too small for you to dispute?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there a missing mile amount that's too small for you to dispute?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2012, 2:48 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Since I hang over with Cardinal Fang, we pursue miles...umm...religiously.

Originally Posted by manord
I have a segment for which the miles/PQMs never showed up in my account. It would only have been ~500mi. It won't affect my status next year, and 500 miles is small enough in my miles total that I can't be bothered with claiming them (not on UA and messy tickets due to IRROPS - so not as trivial as just an online form).

What do others do? Do you make sure every mile shows up as a matter of principle?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, HH Dia, PC Plt, Hyatt Plt, SPG Gld, Marriott Sil, Carlson Sil, Red Lion Plt
Originally Posted by manord
Do you worry about every mile?
Yes.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 7:45 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

I'm new to the miles game and going through a lot of trouble to boost my coffers.

So far I've had multiple posting problems with my miles... Idine missed my opening dine (1000 pts plus the dinner); AA shopping missed a x4 promo and only posted x2; my AA toolbar seems to not produce miles or the upload promise. I never could figure out how to transfer BMI points to BA. This might be due to a name misspelling, but I've spent at least an hour trying to sort it out to no avail. The only one that worked out was the shopping x4... the rest, no luck.

My feeling is that I'm making the effort to be an involved customer for these products. I should get the points and it shouldn't take an act of Congress.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
I'm new to the miles game and going through a lot of trouble to boost my coffers.

My feeling is that I'm making the effort to be an involved customer for these products. I should get the points and it shouldn't take an act of Congress.
This is a common strategy for any company who gets paid first, then delivers later (ie. insurance, rebates, etc.). The strategy is that some percentage of customers will give up after each hurdle. The more hurdles, the less they actually pay out. It's a *terrible* long term business strategy because it drives customers away. However, sometimes, the customer can't easily vote with their feet (employer health insurance, rebates from the manufacturer). In those cases, it really works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.