Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi 50,000 AAdvantage offer

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2009, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Citi 50,000 AAdvantage offer

I didn't see this posted yet. Note the "first time" language". Appears to be targeted, but with Citi YMMV. I received the following email from AAdvanatge:

Earn up to 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles1,2
— enough for two round-trip MileSAAver® awards(3)!

Premium Citibank® / AAdvantage®
debit card

Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage®
World MasterCard®

Earn 20,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles after you visit your local Citibank branch and open an eligible Citibank® checking account with $1,000 or more in deposits and perform at least one of the following each month, for the first 12 consecutive months4:
• 1 direct deposit
• 2 electronic bill payments
• 5 signature purchase transactions
You'll earn 4,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles after you receive a Premium Citibank® / AAdvantage® debit card.5

You’ll earn an additional 1,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles when you request Citibank to link your new checking account and debit card to your new Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard® account (if approved).6 Plus, you'll enjoy easy access to your accounts, as well as the ability to manage transfers and payments.

You'll earn 25,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles after you make $750 in purchases within the first 4 months of becoming a Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard® cardmember.1

Plus, enjoy these great benefits:
• 1 AAdvantage® mile for every $1 spent on purchases5,7
• No blackout dates on award travel on American Airlines, American Eagle and the AmericanConnection® carrier8
• Redeem AAdvantage® miles for award travel on American Airlines or over 20 participating airlines, stays at hotels worldwide and car rentals with the AAdvantage® program

To apply for both cards, visit your local Citibank branch
or call 1-866-422-1462 for details. Please mention offer code C2BD.

To apply for the Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard® only, click here
Debit card Bonus Miles offer will not apply.

Find the Citibank nearest you
http://go.mappoint.net/citibankV2/Index.aspx

Promotional Terms and Conditions
1 This American Airlines AAdvantage® miles offer is valid only for first-time Citi® / AAdvantage® credit card members who apply pursuant to this offer for an account by January 31, 2010. The American Airlines AAdvantage® miles will appear as a bonus in your AAdvantage® account 8-10 weeks after you have met the purchase requirements.

2 This offer is only available to AAdvantage® program members receiving this offer who open a first-time Citibank® checking account. Offer expires on January 31, 2010. All accounts are subject to approval. Customer must be a citizen or resident alien of the United States (U.S.) with a valid U.S. taxpayer identification number. Taxes, if any, are the customer’s responsibility. Persons under 18 years of age are not eligible. Offer may be modified or withdrawn at any time without notice, is not transferable and cannot be combined with any other offers.

3 A total of 25,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles may be redeemed for roundtrip Coach Class Continental U.S. / Canada MileSAAver® awards. For more information on AAdvantage® award redemption please see Redeem Miles at www.aa.com/aadvantage.

4 To receive up to 20,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles offer after opening a new Citibank checking account you must:
[1] Open and fund a regular checking account in the Citibank® Account, or Citigold® Account relationship package with $1,000 or more by January 31, 2010, and [2] Beginning no later than the first month after account opening, the customer must complete at least one (1) monthly direct deposit into the checking account; or at least two (2) electronic bill payments each month from the account; or at least five (5) qualifying signature purchases each month made with your Citibank debit card for three (3) consecutive months to earn your first 10,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles. If you qualify for the first 10,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles and continue making at least one (1) monthly direct deposit into the checking account; or at least two (2) electronic bill payments each month from the account; or at least five (5) qualifying signature purchases each month made with your Citibank debit card for the next nine (9) consecutive months, you will earn an additional 10,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles. Electronic bill payments are those you make using Citibank® Online, Citi Mobile® or CitiPhone Banking®. A bill that is paid by making a transfer between linked accounts does not qualify as a bill payment for this offer. Qualifying purchases must be submitted through the MasterCard® Network and are those for which either you or a merchant designates as a "credit" transaction (including purchases you sign for, small dollar purchases that do not require a signature and use of your MasterCard® PayPass(TM)), Internet, phone and mail-order transactions. Qualifying purchases do not include those initiated using a Personal Identification Number (PIN) or other transactions submitted through other payment processing networks. Each 10,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles will be credited to your AAdvantage® account within 120 days from the end of the statement period in which you met the applicable requirements. Your Citibank regular checking account in the Citibank Account or Citigold® Account relationship package must be open and in good standing at the time each consecutive 10,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles addition is credited to your AAdvantage® account.

5 To receive the 4,000 bonus American Airlines AAdvantage® miles for enrolling in the Premium Citibank® / AAdvantage® debit card you must enroll by January 31, 2010. AAdvantage miles will appear in your AAdvantage® account within three (3) checking account statement cycles after your request for a Citibank® / AAdvantage® debit card is approved by Citibank. The annual fee for Premium Citibank® / AAdvantage® debit card is $65 but is waived for Citigold customers.

The maximum number of American Airlines AAdvantage® miles you can earn per calendar year is 100,000 AAdvantage® miles for the Premium Citibank® / AAdvantage® debit card. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®, AAdvantage Platinum® and AAdvantage Gold® members are excluded from these limits. AAdvantage® miles can be earned on signature-based purchases, Internet purchases, purchases made over the phone or through the mail and POS purchases when "credit" is selected. Earned AAdvantage® miles will appear on your Citibank periodic statement upon transaction settlement and post to your AAdvantage® account within 45 days of the date on the periodic checking account statement. AAdvantage® miles earned from transactions authorized during one statement cycle and settled in the following statement cycle will appear in the following statement cycle. Citibank reserves the right to terminate, change or modify the conditions under which AAdvantage® miles are earned through this promotion. Fees apply.

6 To receive the 1,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles offer for linking your new Citibank checking account and debit card to your new Citi® / AAdvantage® credit card account (if approved) you must link these accounts within one month of the credit card approval. The 1,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles will be credited to your AAdvantage® account within 120 days from the end of the statement period when you satisfy these requirements.

7 The maximum number of American Airlines AAdvantage® miles you can earn from purchases using the Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard® card is 100,000 AAdvantage® miles per calendar year. AAdvantage® bonus miles are excluded from this mileage cap. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®, AAdvantage Platinum® and AAdvantage Gold® members are excluded from these limits. AAdvantage® miles are only earned on eligible purchases.

8 American Airlines, American Eagle and the AmericanConnection® carrier have no restricted dates for award travel. Seats for award travel are limited and may not be available on all flights. Flight awards are subject to AAdvantage® program rules and restrictions. Award travel may be subject to travel embargo dates on some AAdvantage® program participating airlines.

AAdvantage® Program Terms and Conditions
American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage® program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage® program with six months notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete details about the AAdvantage® program, visit
AAdvantage® program terms and conditions

American Eagle and the AmericanConnection® carrier are regional airlines associated with American Airlines, Inc. American Eagle service is operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., or Executive Airlines, Inc., each of which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the parent company of American Airlines. The AmericanConnection® service is operated by Chautauqua Airlines, Inc., an unaffiliated independent contractor.

AmericanAirlines, AAdvantage, AAdvantage Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, American Eagle, AmericanConnection, AAirpass, MileSAAver, AAdvantage with Scissor Eagle design, AA with Scissor Eagle design, Scissor Eagle design, and AA.com are marks of American Airlines, Inc.

Checking accounts are offered by Citibank, N.A.. Citi Credit Cards are offered by Citibank (South Dakota), N.A.

© 2009 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Last edited by Schutzee; Dec 18, 2009 at 10:21 am
Old Dec 18, 2009, 11:01 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Unfortunately there seems to be very little new here except the 1K for linking accounts. The 30K MC offer is still valid and I believe the 20K for a new checking is also still valid (see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ccount-28.html ). Also, they normally give 4K miles for getting the AA debit card (see https://online.citibank.com/US/JRS/p...AAdvantageCard ).
Old Dec 18, 2009, 11:47 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by deant
Unfortunately there seems to be very little new here except the 1K for linking accounts. The 30K MC offer is still valid and I believe the 20K for a new checking is also still valid (see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ccount-28.html ). Also, they normally give 4K miles for getting the AA debit card (see https://online.citibank.com/US/JRS/p...AAdvantageCard ).
+1

It's actually a pretty stingy offer.

All they've done is added the bonuses together for opening a CC and a Citibank account under the AA promotion and finally getting the premium AA debit card ($65 annual fee BTW, and it isn't waived at all unless your Citigold), then tossed in 1000 points for the linking the CC to your bank account.

However, they're only giving you the 25K sign on bonus for the CC.

If you signed up for the 30K offer, and did everything else the same but independently and not under this offer code, you'd be ahead by 4K miles:

30K sign on bonus for CC
20K Citibank Bank Account with AAdvantage promotion
4K bonus for Premium AA Debit card
___
54K total

vs this offer only giving 50K total
Old Dec 19, 2009, 5:32 pm

Kill two birds with one stone (and one inquiry, if you take it personally), rather than this deal. YMMV.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 5:44 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
I'm holding out for a 100K offer
Old Dec 19, 2009, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
Wrong place, wrong time.

Last edited by Kohoutek; Dec 20, 2009 at 3:47 am
Old Dec 19, 2009, 7:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
Now that the 100k bar has been crossed, I'm hopeful that 100k will become the new 25k.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 8:45 pm
bdd

Originally Posted by moondog
Now that the 100k bar has been crossed, I'm hopeful that 100k will become the new 25k.
and I hope that the number of miles needed to redeem free flights doesn't follow too talk about the inflation of miles.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 9:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bdd
and I hope that the number of miles needed to redeem free flights doesn't follow too talk about the inflation of miles.
Unfortunately, inflation is inevitable. The only thing we can do to counter it is to keep up with the CC issuers. Flying doesn't seem to matter any more.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 1:11 pm
bdd

I think the 30k MC offer expired.

But there's also a 5k for Citibank USA savings (Offer C2XZ expiures 12/31)
Old Dec 21, 2009, 1:14 pm
bdd

60k rewards?

30k: Citi card (expired? but if you got or can get this deal)
5k: Citibank USA savings ($1k, 3 months) (Offer C2XZ expiures 12/31)
20k: Citibank Checking ($1k, 12 months of Direct Deposit OR 2 e-bills OR 5 signature purchases)
4k: Receive a premium citibank/Aadvantage debit card (offer C2BD)
1k: Request citibank to link new checking and debit card to new citi platinum select/aadvantage world mastercard account
---

I'm pretty sure you can get 59k. Not sure if you can link the accounts for an additional 1k, but I am trying this combination out now. I already got the 30k card, the 5k USA, and am opening the 20k checking today.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 3:43 pm
bdd

Since I already have a citibank checking account, I don't qualify for the 20k mile offers.

30k: Citi card
---

Does anyone know if you can still qualify for the 1k AA miles f you have an existing checking by requesting citibank to link your checking and debit card to new citi platinum select/aadvantage world mastercard account?
Old Dec 22, 2009, 3:43 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by bdd
I think the 30k MC offer expired.

But there's also a 5k for Citibank USA savings (Offer C2XZ expiures 12/31)
The 30K Citibank AA Visa offer is still good: http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...C9AC00D74F52D4

This American Airlines AAdvantage® mileage offer is only valid for new Citi® / AAdvantage® accounts applied for by December 31, 2009, and excludes any other Citi® / AAdvantage® credit cards offered. The American Airlines AAdvantage® miles will appear as a bonus in your AAdvantage® account 8-10 weeks after you have met the purchase requirements.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 4:04 am

Programs: Credit Cards
Originally Posted by bdd
30k: Citi card (expired? but if you got or can get this deal)
20k: Citibank Checking ($1k, 12 months of Direct Deposit OR 2 e-bills OR 5 signature purchases)
1k: Request citibank to link new checking and debit card to new citi platinum select/aadvantage world mastercard account
---

I'm pretty sure you can get 59k. Not sure if you can link the accounts for an additional 1k, but I am trying this combination out now. I already got the 30k card, the 5k USA, and am opening the 20k checking today.
Wonder if any Citibanks in Northern New Jersey will be open after December 29th and before December 31st, so I can do this. I've been meaning to dump BoA.

--Russ
Old Dec 22, 2009, 2:28 pm

Programs: Grounded
AA is also hawking the 30k but with an annual fee on their website:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/disclaimers/C...oryId=16124431

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.