Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Credit Card Would You Use?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2009, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Smile Which Credit Card Would You Use?

Wanting to book a trip to Costa Rica with my wife. The total amounts to about $2,500.

Here are the credit card options available to me:

Citi PremierPass* (not Citi Expedia/PremierPass)
Starwood Preferred Guest American Express
Starwood Preferred Guest American Express for Business
American Express Business Gold Card
Citi mtvU
Citi AAdvantage Mastercard

I would likely buy the trip on Expedia if that makes a difference. It's unclear whether the non-Expedia PremierPass will give the extra 1-2 thank you points per dollar spent on Expedia.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 10:46 pm

Which card would I use?

The one that would give me the biggest bang for the buck. That's the card I would use.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 5:34 pm
In memoriam

Starwood personal. Most valuable points and use the consumer card for best legal protection in case of any problems.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 6:53 pm

Easy choice. I'd use the regular SPG Card. I don't know what the difference would be with the SPG business but since it's a personal expense, it makes sense to use the regular SPG card. I actually always use my SPG card for hotels because if I have a problem, I know AMEX will help me out.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:07 pm

I think Expedia gives out thank you points if you are booking an air+hotel trip combo, irrespective of which credit card you use. You do need to have an expedia account (or create anew) that registers with thankyou network -- do a dummy booking to see the exact steps.

How come you have the AA & SPG cards but do not know which card(s) are most rewarding to you? AA miles /SPG points are more worthy than TYP if you travel. I'm guessing your uncertainty might be due to trying to reach a certain TPY level for a meaningful redemption. If that's the case, then you need do the math to determine which card to use would be better -- we don't have the pertinent information to calculate this for you

Last edited by deltame; Dec 15, 2009 at 10:12 pm
Old Dec 16, 2009, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Kohoutek
The one that would give me the biggest bang for the buck. That's the card I would use.
+1

Credit Card Tune-Up might be helpful, yes?

http://www.creditcardtuneup.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.