Was this HON for real?

Old May 4, 2009, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: United GS 1MM, WN A-List, Marriott LTPPE, CLEAR
Angry Was this HON for real?

I was flying through MUC this morning and flight was about an hour late. We arrive in MUC and I have 20 minutes to make my flight. EVERYONE is late. The plane unloads in record time. There is one Mercedes with bags from one passenger and another comes running up, loads his stuff and jumps in. Just then a couple approach the Mercedes and start to talk to the driver. He says he is the only one sent and they will need to board the bus. we are waiting for them to head to the terminal and the guy puts his bag down and refuses to get on the bus. They won't leave him because the plane is empty and the Mercedes is full. The Mercedes takes off. After TEN MINUTES thefinally coax this guy onto the bus. People are pissed. A lot of people miss their connections as we pull up. He says to his companion "at least I cost Lufthansa money by making them accomodate all these people, that will teach them to leave me." They wanders off through baggage claim. I missed my flight and my meeting all together.

I know it is a god-given right that HONs get picked up by the plane in a private car, but to make EVERYONE late is just plain rude.
Old May 4, 2009, 8:54 am

Programs: BA - GL, Disgruntled ex LH HON
There is no doubt you had a frustrating experience caused by an extremely rude and inconsiderate passenger....

But, your comment, the way it is written, is quite rude and insulting - to those who are HON's and in general.

Some people are like that, thinking they are god... but that has nothing to do with their airline alliance status.
Old May 4, 2009, 9:01 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
It is not a god-given right, but a LH promise.

However, if there is no car waiting for me (which happens once in a while), then the bus is as good too. A person (status doesn't matter here IMHO) should never make up such a story. As a HON he could easily follow-up with LH afterwards (What I did a few times), but never on the tarmac and never with impact to others.
Old May 4, 2009, 10:12 am

Programs: LH
Sorry guys, I seem to miss the point?
Was the HON the bad guy or those that did not get the limo transfer?
Old May 4, 2009, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by chumbawumba
The HONcho did not get a limo.
Old May 4, 2009, 10:32 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by chumbawumba
The bad guy obviously is the HON who refused to take the bus because LH forgot to send 2 limos.
What a strange behaviour . I think I would have told him to shut the f** up and move his bloody a** ... into the bus as everybody else was waiting. Unbelievable!
Old May 4, 2009, 10:47 am

What I don't get, there is room enough for 4 people in a Mercedes
Ok, its a little bit tight, but who cares for a 5 min ride.
Old May 4, 2009, 11:04 am
hch

Originally Posted by Fendant
Even for 5 if you squeeze a little and you're not getting caught
Old May 4, 2009, 11:40 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by Fendant
It's all about exclusiveness, baby:

People can happily get crammed to suffocation, even on an elevator. As long as this is the elevator of the FCT.
Old May 4, 2009, 1:23 pm

I am sorry for all that where kept waiting. But in the end it is LHs poor service quality: they keep promising first clas service and deliver second class, if it works out. If not you get poor excuses...

If you go for HON these days you should think twice. Or search the forum
Old May 4, 2009, 1:31 pm

Programs: LH and BA
Not a real HON..

a real HOn would have had a FIRST CLASS hissy fit..

throwing on the gorund, pounding the pavement with fists, crying, shouting, rolling over... you get the picture...
Old May 4, 2009, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by HombreDeLasNubes
I am sorry for all that where kept waiting. But in the end it is LHs poor service quality: they keep promising first clas service and deliver second class, if it works out. If not you get poor excuses...
of course its LHs fault again, its not the lunatic with his childish behaviour...
not getting get picked up can happen, one needs to get over it...

my guess is that they didnt know that one of the HONs did have a companion... everytime i got to MUC and we were more than 3 pax total they sent two cars... never failed to do so...

Originally Posted by HombreDeLasNubes
If you go for HON these days you should think twice. Or search the forum
yeah thats definitely representative!

Originally Posted by roundtheworld
a real HOn would have had a FIRST CLASS hissy fit..

throwing on the gorund, pounding the pavement with fists, crying, shouting, rolling over... you get the picture...
Old May 4, 2009, 1:54 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
None of the passengers punched him?
Old May 4, 2009, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
None of the passengers punched him?
I would have had a brief conversation with this guy presenting him with a couple of options.
It's bad enough having to wait for the last person to leave the plane but not acceptable for some guy who feels to important to ride a bus once in a while ...
Old May 4, 2009, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
It is not a god-given right, but a LH promise.

However, if there is no car waiting for me (which happens once in a while), then the bus is as good too. A person (status doesn't matter here IMHO) should never make up such a story. As a HON he could easily follow-up with LH afterwards (What I did a few times), but never on the tarmac and never with impact to others.

Absolutely right - can only agree!!

Talenti

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.