Search

Which FCL is best in FRA?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2009, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM
Which FCL is best in FRA?

Sorry, title should be FCL (not TCL).

I am in FRA right now and have a 5 hour layover. Which FCL is the best in terms of quiet and comfort. I am not too big on food or drink, so mostly just the quiet atmosphere.

By the way, flights are REALLY delayed this morning. Something about the computers being down (?)

Last edited by blueman2; Jan 22, 2009 at 1:50 am
Old Jan 22, 2009, 1:57 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by blueman2

I am in FRA right now and have a 5 hour layover. Which FCL is the best in terms of quiet and comfort. I am not too big on food or drink, so mostly just the quiet atmosphere.

By the way, flights are REALLY delayed this morning. Something about the computers being down (?)
Schengen or Non-Schengen ?
Old Jan 22, 2009, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Going to the US.

By the way, szg, thanks for the info on the LH C class seats. I never got the chance to try, since both of my segments were upgraded to F, but I look forward to giving that trick a try in the future.

Last edited by blueman2; Jan 22, 2009 at 2:47 am
Old Jan 22, 2009, 3:32 am

Programs: LH, AF, AB, SQ
If you don't mind reentering through security and having a walk, for a five hours stay I'd take a shopping walk through the landside terminal stores first and then to the First Class Terminal (step outside, walk to the left/very west, pass the cab/taxi waiting area and the LH staff gate). You will need your first BP to enter. Maybe you can even use the spa for some quiet time.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I ended up going to the FCL in B (near B26) for a while, and just walked over to the FCL in A. Both were great. A is nicer, though. Larger too it seems. In fact, it looks like the A area FCL is brand new. Nicest FCL I have ever been in.

But the thing I am really enjoying is the incredible service you get in LH FCL. I usually just hang out in the UA FCL which is very quiet, but terrible food and NO service at all. Here, I feel like I am in a nice restaurant or spa!

Since I am not leaving on LH, the FCT seemed unnecessary. I will definitely have to try it when I am departing on an LH F flight.

Last edited by blueman2; Jan 22, 2009 at 4:20 am
Old Jan 22, 2009, 4:18 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
But the thing I am really enjoying is the incredible service you get in LH FCL.
Your opinion is in total contrast to many here, who believe it is the end of world, that LH requires F/HON pax on a connection to use the FCLs rather than the FCT in the future.

Enjoy.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Your opinion is in total contrast to many here, who believe it is the end of world, that LH requires F/HON pax on a connection to use the FCLs rather than the FCT in the future.
Obviously, he doesn't know any better.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flysurfer
Obviously, he doesn't know any better.
Exactly! I have been used to United's service. Need I say more?

Going back to UA's terrible FCL in FRA will be very hard, that is for sure, after seeing what a real FCL is all about.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Exactly! I have been used to United's service. Need I say more?
Nope. Shall we pray for you?
Old Jan 22, 2009, 4:57 am

... In fact, it looks like the A area FCL is brand new. Nicest FCL I have ever been in.
Openend only shorly after the FCT - however is being used more for what it was designed for - as a transition lounge when passing through FRA as opposed to the FCT where it seems that some tailer their whole trip around it to maximise time there - hence a higher wear and tear at the FCT...

Cheers

Thomas
Old Jan 22, 2009, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcswede
Openend only shorly after the FCT - however is being used more for what it was designed for - as a transition lounge when passing through FRA as opposed to the FCT where it seems that some tailer their whole trip around it to maximise time there - hence a higher wear and tear at the FCT...
Simply put, the FCT was more successful.

Usually, in a free market where customers can choose from various options, there's a reason for the success of one offering over another. @:-)

Of course, LH is not interested in free markets or offering their customers their preferred choices. Their single goal is to enhance profit by whatever means possible, often by taking away stuff customers cherish the most (let's just remember the time when they took away exit row privileges from SENs).

The results of this ongoing process are also known as "enhancements".
Old Jan 22, 2009, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by flysurfer
The results of this ongoing process are also known as "enhancements".
in case of the FCT access rules i see it as an enhacement, for people who are there 3 times a year overcrowding might not be a big issue. for people who are there once a week or more it is, so i completely agree with this action. besides, the new FCL B is not even open yet so no one can know how it will be, but there is already whinning like it will be the worst lounge in the world...

on top of all that, there is a "terrible decrease in FCT service quality", "FCT too crowded", "had to ride in an unworthy van" post every other day but as soon as they do something about it, its of course not the right thing either... its pathetic...
Old Jan 22, 2009, 8:51 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by sentom
on top of all that, there is a "terrible decrease in FCT service quality", "FCT too crowded", "had to ride in an unworthy van" post every other day but as soon as they do something about it, its of course not the right thing either... its pathetic...
I fully agree. ^

All the examples posted here, why the FCT is so much better, than any FCL do not represent the majority. Stupid enough pax arrived in the morning at gate A60s with a connection at gate A20s or A30s and still tramped in hords to the FCT (and complained about the Van transfer then). And people on a connection tried to optimize their FCT experience by booking as long layovers as possible. This was the problem and this is why LH had to react and they finally did it. ^

Reading things like flying ORD-FRA-SIN with tons of hours layover at FRA and complaining about the missing FCT acces. I mean, there are much faster options ORD-SIN e.g. with NH via NRT with just 2hrs layouver there. And the First Class lounges at NRT are excellent. Or with the world's most famous SQ via EWR. A long flight indeed, but overall travel time is reduced and hey it is on SQ and in FIRST. Nothing can top this experience per most of the posters here.

And I better don't comment a GVA-FRA-MUC-NRT routing just for the FCT visit... :speachless:

To me after that significant PPB degradation this LH action is at least some kind of compensation, as it is a clear improvement for those originating at FRA. Thumbs ^ LH for this.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 9:41 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Or with the world's most famous SQ via EWR. A long flight indeed, but overall travel time is reduced and hey it is on SQ and in FIRST.
There is no first class on this route.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 10:43 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Changed it

Good to hear you enjoyed the FCL. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.