Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 2, 2015, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Print Wikipost

New First class retrofit thread

Old Jun 27, 2012, 1:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The 744s will get the new seat according to the schedule: the first batch will get new in the UD and section A/B, rest new Y. The new F 744s described above will not get new C in the near future, the ones sheduled for retirement will not get anything.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The 744s will get the new seat according to the schedule: the first batch will get new in the UD and section A/B, rest new Y. The new F 744s described above will not get new C in the near future, the ones sheduled for retirement will not get anything.
New what in the UD?
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:51 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta Gold, Cathay Pacific Diamond, SPG plat.
Anyone have any recent luck with IAH-FRA having the new F? Flying that next week and have all my fingers crossed!
Old Jun 28, 2012, 1:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by Rambuster
New what in the UD?
New C, remember I checked for you some time ago? They will apply for an STC for 16 or 20 new C in the UD of the two class 744s.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 1:51 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
They will apply for an STC for 16 or 20 new C in the UD of the two class 744s.
Any new C for the three class 744s?
Old Jun 28, 2012, 1:53 am

Sure, but that will take a while... first come the 2 class 744s. There is only that many seats B/E can produce and LHT can fit and LH can spare to take out of the system...@:-)
Old Jun 28, 2012, 1:14 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver
Sure, but that will take a while... first come the 2 class 744s. There is only that many seats B/E can produce and LHT can fit and LH can spare to take out of the system...@:-)
...and a limited number of stations that are approved to perform cabin upgrades on the 744 fleet within the LHT group.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by hamallu
...and a limited number of stations that are approved to perform cabin upgrades on the 744 fleet within the LHT group.
One of which is on permanent standby to expect the remaining 4 748s to be delivered and fitted with IFE..
Old Jun 28, 2012, 7:38 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
I'm currently booked JNB-ZRH-YUL-LGA in F/J. I've noticed consistent F availability MUC-JFK on the A333, and just recently FRA-JFK (LH404) on the 744.

The EU->US flight is on 26.6 so according to the first post new F will not be available MUC-JFK as it ends on 25.6.

Is there anyway to tell if LH404 will have new F? I looked at the history, and it seems over the past few days only 1 flight was operated by new F, not so good odds.

Not sure when you can check A/C reg for future flights. I would consider trading LX new F for LH new F, but not old F.

I have no problem flying ex MUC or FRA. Any help appreciated.
Did you take the FRA-JFK? According to planetfiner.net, it was old F (D-ABVX).
Old Jun 28, 2012, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jetboy787
Anyone have any recent luck with IAH-FRA having the new F? Flying that next week and have all my fingers crossed!
I don't believe that is one of the standard routes. It doesn't help you, but as of August 1, that route goes 388 which means new F is guaranteed.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by jetboy787
1 out of 6 flights this year I was lucky. Better to texpect olf F and than be positively surprised if it turns out to be the new one.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:21 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Unfortunately, looks like the MUC airport's page doesn't show registration numbers of flights, so you'll have to guess for now. Have you tried Flightradar?
You can also give planefinder.net a try. While I've only looked at the past couple of days (not a significant sample size), the registrations do seem to match between the incoming equipment and outgoing equipment.

If you are willing to do some work, it will also give you historical information as well. Unlike other sites, this site wouldn't give you a one-page summary of which aircraft operated the flight. What you have to do is to "playback" the radar with the appropriate date/time and find the flight on the map. I tried it out and the info does seem to match the spot posts ppl have made on this thread concerning new F operating on a certain date/certain flight.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 1:30 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
EWR-FRA looks like it gets the "seat & bed" on the FRA flight. Does anyone know if this will still be the case in July. (July 4)
Old Jun 30, 2012, 3:14 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
EWR-FRA looks like it gets the "seat & bed" on the FRA flight. Does anyone know if this will still be the case in July. (July 4)
LH402/403 seem to be getting one of the retrofitted 744s most days. The only way to find out for certain is to check Frankfurt Airport's website on the morning of July 4 (German time) to find the registration of the aircraft operating LH402 that day.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 6:14 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
LH402/403 seem to be getting one of the retrofitted 744s most days. The only way to find out for certain is to check Frankfurt Airport's website on the morning of July 4 (German time) to find the registration of the aircraft operating LH402 that day.
Got it. I guess it's hit or miss. Today it gets old seats, tnrw, new seats

Still wondering, has anyone gone from Z - B (FCL) Recently. wonder what the quickest way is to transfer

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.