Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:47 am

Programs: LifeMiles, AA, SQ
Guys, what's the trick to booking Lufthansa First Class Rewards? I understand they release tickets MAXIMUM 15 days in advance, and you have to be proactive looking (say UA website) - but if I'm looking to book FRA - HKG for instance, Frankfurt will be my transit stop for a few days while I hope to get availability - is that dumb or do spaces (March) generally open up if I have a week to kill?
Old Dec 29, 2015, 3:38 am

Programs: A3
Originally Posted by Daichovo
Silly question

I'm booking LAX-PHL with Lufth miles soon. Does it include checked luggage? What if I book with miles and then attach my M+S account number (I have silver there), does that help?
No US alliance airline has free bags on domestic coach tickets. European light fares are starting to match the US. Star silver doesn't get a free bag on UA any more. It's still a UA flight even when booked with LH miles so $25 per bag.

Last edited by realgoose; Dec 30, 2015 at 2:22 am
Old Dec 30, 2015, 7:07 am

Programs: UA Million miler
Apologies in advance if this isn't the place to be. But I have an 8 hour layover in Frankfurt tomorrow with Star Alliance Gold status. Which lounge will have the best sleep/rest facilities? Thx..
Old Dec 30, 2015, 7:49 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LornaV
Apologies in advance if this isn't the place to be. But I have an 8 hour layover in Frankfurt tomorrow with Star Alliance Gold status. Which lounge will have the best sleep/rest facilities? Thx..
SEN lounges near Z50 (non-Schengen), B43 (non-Schengen), A50 (Schengen) all have areas with day beds. If you are arriving from/departing to Schengen, the Business Lounge above A25 (former F lounge) has the best sleeping facilities outside the First Class Lounges. However, 8 hours is a long time to spend in a lounge.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: UA Million miler
Thanks so much, Newbie Runner! Exactly what I wanted to learn. Yes, an awkwardly long layover. But a shower, good nap, some wifi time, a couple of meals, etc I think it will fly by. Happy 2016!
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:45 am

Don't forget to have a good German beer in the lounge to toast 2016. Also, check to see if they have any Leberkäse (a zesty baked meat loaf) on offer.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 11:23 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LornaV
Thanks so much, Newbie Runner! Exactly what I wanted to learn. Yes, an awkwardly long layover. But a shower, good nap, some wifi time, a couple of meals, etc I think it will fly by. Happy 2016!
Another lounge some people like is the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge in B non-Schengen. Their showers may be better than the LH SEN lounge showers and they have reclining chairs with individual screens/headphones.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Dear Lurker, it appears to be difficult to research - or book - open jaw itineraries using the Miles & More website engine. If I type in, for example, DUS-BIO, then BIO-FRA, the whole itinerary defaults back to DUS-BIO, and BIO-DUS. Similar in reverse (i.e. FRA-BIO, then BIO-DUS). Any chance of any of your technicians taking a look at it? There's a couple of other minor issues, too, but they will probably get ironed out along with the open jaw thing.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 11:22 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Concerto
Dear Lurker, it appears to be difficult to research - or book - open jaw itineraries using the Miles & More website engine. If I type in, for example, DUS-BIO, then BIO-FRA, the whole itinerary defaults back to DUS-BIO, and BIO-DUS. Similar in reverse (i.e. FRA-BIO, then BIO-DUS). Any chance of any of your technicians taking a look at it? There's a couple of other minor issues, too, but they will probably get ironed out along with the open jaw thing.
Clicked the wrong thread?
Old Dec 31, 2015, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Yeah I really did, sorry about that . I seem to be doing that a lot lately..that's scary. Too many double dotted semiquavers (sixteenth notes) in my head!

So as not to waste the moderators' time I will rewrite the post in a more concise and clear way in the correct thread. Just since we're here in the Newbie thread, has anyone been experiencing similar issues? It used to be a major plus of the Miles & More website that I was able to book all sorts of itineraries, including double open jaws, and I regularly praised it to friends. It made some of the FlySmart itineraries in Europe a really great deal, despite the taxes which obviously were lower back then.

As an example, I remember booking Geneva-Istanbul (open jaw) Kiev-Edinburgh (open jaw at origin and destination), effectively two one way trips, which cost only 15,000 miles. No chance now, but I think if they fix the booking engine it will be possible again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.