Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(fare gone) Delta: various fares between North America and Europe from USD206 A/I

(fare gone) Delta: various fares between North America and Europe from USD206 A/I

Old Jun 9, 2009, 10:44 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by tkey75
Really? Of course you get the voucher back. It doesn't disappear. But the expiration date doesn't change. Every payment method returns to where it came from.
On UA it goes into the ether. I dont know DL rules
Old Jun 9, 2009, 10:45 pm

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
Ahh(fond), memories of the Air Europa\CO BOS-MAD 186ai fare of 2005
Old Jun 9, 2009, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Am I seeing some posters mention MLK for 2010? I thought this fare is only good through Oct or something like that.

Can anyone confirm or post fare rules?

Thx.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 10:52 pm

Programs: NWA PE, HHonors Diamond VIP
DL: ORF - BCN: $157.20 ($246.00 ai)

.02 per mile
booked tonight for 20 Aug - 26 Aug at delta website

Round Trip Published Fare (TKXSL30)

Fare price: $125

Cat 12 Surcharges: $0

YQYR Charges: $0

Taxes: $80

Advance Purchase: 3 days

Cabin: Coach

Booking Codes: T

Date Filed: June 09, 2009, 6:39 PM EST

$205

Norfolk, VA (ORF) to Barcelona, ES (BCN)

TKXSL30: Shoulder season midweek instant purchase T,nonrefundable fares,between THE UNITED STATES and AREA 2 for round trip fares

Category 2: DayTime
between THE UNITED STATES and SPAIN AND CANARY ISLANDS for midweek fares Permitted sun through thu on each transatlantic sector.

Category 3: Seasons
between THE UNITED STATES and AREA 2 for -KXSL30 type fares Permitted 17AUG 09 through 24OCT 09 on the outbound transatlantic sector. Permitted 17AUG 09 through 24OCT 09 on the outbound transatlantic sector.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I decided to book a trip for my father and I for next week to VLC. 25K bonus miles was too much to pass up!

Question:

I am NW Plat, but used my DL number so I will get the JFK-VLC bonus. Is there a way I can add in my NW Plat number to get the domestic upgrades on DL? Thanks.

I don't suppose there is any way to credit this to NWA while still getting the bonus mileage?
Old Jun 9, 2009, 10:55 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Am I seeing some posters mention MLK for 2010? I thought this fare is only good through Oct or something like that.

Can anyone confirm or post fare rules?

Thx.
I just booked TOL-DTW-JFK-MAD and back in early Feb for $367 AI, so the fare is definitely good for 2010.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I decided to book a trip for my father and I for next week to VLC. 25K bonus miles was too much to pass up!

Question:

I am NW Plat, but used my DL number so I will get the JFK-VLC bonus. Is there a way I can add in my NW Plat number to get the domestic upgrades on DL? Thanks.

I don't suppose there is any way to credit this to NWA while still getting the bonus mileage?
I thought about that, too. I'm going to guess no, since your NW FF# will make you ineligible for the DL bonus miles.

In the past, I've tried to use my NW# for DL upgrades, but still credit to DL. It didn't work, since they'd have to delete my DL# to enter my NW# for the upgrade, then I'd be kicked out of F when they re-entered my DL#. This was for a DL mileage promo. I took the miles.

In the end, upgrades and promos aside, it doesn't matter anymore to whom you credit your miles. It'll all be the same in a few months.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NW PE, Marriott GE
Just booked SFO-MAD on nwa.com for a long Labor Day weekend! A bargain at $294, even better at $0 using ECVs! :-)
Old Jun 9, 2009, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While the bonuses require travel by Sept. 30, I did look to see how long you can stretch out your travel date to get the low fares. Most of them expire in the fall, but for some reason the Spain fares are good for departure through March 31. That's the Wednesday night before Easter, so if you're look for a spring break idea, this may work. I got the $237 all in fare from JFK into MAD and out of BCN for those dates.

No 25,000 mile bonus, but still a great fare.

EDIT: It seems like only JFK-Spain works into March for the $200s. I tried some of the other sale cities to Spain and no luck. Sorry. So that route is like a sale within a sale. Maybe someone can find another city pair like this one.

Last edited by iahphx; Jun 9, 2009 at 11:33 pm Reason: more info

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
just curious how did you find that fare in GEG

also here is thread on this fare
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...3-3cpm-10.html

i booked orf-mad for $208 ai

Programs: DL Platinum & MM, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Just booked Zurich for August for $366! I'd been eyeing this for a while because of the bonus miles (almost 50K total from PDX with the platinum bonus), so this fare sealed it.

Now to convince my hedge-fund brother he can take a few days off from work and come along...
Old Jun 9, 2009, 11:27 pm

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Thanks for the deal OP. I was able to get my family over to Madrid for $1048 for 4 people in August going MKE-MAD. I did one myself because to earn 600 EQM I would have had to spend about $160 otherwise on a stupid MR, so for $100 more I go to Madrid.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 11:46 pm

Programs: BA, American, Marriott, UA MP, Skymiles, Hyatt, HiltonHonors, SPG
DL : LAX-MAD $299a/i

September - October
Travel Zoo
No friday departures though!
Old Jun 9, 2009, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Same price to VLC and when you fly to VLC via JFK, you get 25K bonus miles if you use your DL AmEX card.

https://www.delta.com/marketing/inte...al09/index.jsp
Old Jun 9, 2009, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Deal def still alive.. just booked $237 Fri-Sun JFK-ZRH on DL.com with my DL Amex because...why not! So glad so many have taken advantage of these fares

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.