Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] TK: Lon-HKG £181

[FARE GONE] TK: Lon-HKG £181

Old May 4, 2009, 4:39 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Could you please advise how to book open jaw? I would like to fly LHR - HKG - SIN - LHR, but every time I try, the price goes up to GBP 1,600+ with a selection of non-TK flights thrown in! Thanks.
If you are trying to add a HKG-SIN flight into the booking, that would cause a boost the price. Open jaw means into one city (HKG) and out of another (SIN), you'll have to make your own way between the two (HKG-SIN) on a separate booking. If you do that open jaws book very easily on Opodo with the multi-stop function (LON-HKG out, SIN-LON back). Seems more expensive to visit SIN first, then HKG so avoid that!
Old May 4, 2009, 4:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Could you please advise how to book open jaw? I would like to fly LHR - HKG - SIN - LHR, but every time I try, the price goes up to GBP 1,600+ with a selection of non-TK flights thrown in! Thanks.
LHR-HKG-SIN-LHR is not an open jaw itinerary. LHR-HKG//SIN-LHR is what you should be searching for. Drop the HKG-SIN sector.
Old May 4, 2009, 4:50 pm

Open jaws

Got it! Thanks very much FlyingOnceMore and bcmatt for both your help. ^
Old May 4, 2009, 5:39 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus Lifetime, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by zboub345
also LON-SIN £248
books in L class (100% miles with United)
dates in may june october november
available at opodo uk
Thanks so much for sharing

This is a fantastic deal and I can earn 50% miles with Asiana too
Old May 4, 2009, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA,BA,NW,EK
RTN from Bangkok £ 214.30

Example £ 214.30 GBP

26/10 STN-IST
27/10 IST-HKG
24/11 BKK-LHR

Lots of other dates seem to work

You should able to get a Air Asia from HKG to BKK for 50 quid or less. Nice cheap way to Thailand and back. The over 24hrs in Turkey saves around £20.00. Seems to apply the UK European departure taxes instead of long haul. Nice to beat the system on that!
Old May 4, 2009, 11:56 pm

Thx a lot, booked 21st Oct - 25th Oct 09.
STN - IST - HKG - IST - LHR.
185.23 GBP

Now looking for a hotel deal.
Old May 5, 2009, 6:28 am

Programs: DL silver and UA silver
Wink long-lived one...

This "mistake" fare is really long-lived. Hope Opodo.UK will be OK.
Old May 5, 2009, 6:49 am

Has anyone found something like:
LHR-(IST)-HKG
HKG-IST
IST-STN

om December? Can only find STN and with a stopover in IST on the outbound sector, not the inbound...
Old May 5, 2009, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by jonasfischer
Has anyone found something like:
LHR-(IST)-HKG
HKG-IST
IST-STN

om December? Can only find STN and with a stopover in IST on the outbound sector, not the inbound...
Did you try it using the multi stop and specifying the airport (i.e. leg 1: LHR-HKG, leg 2: HKG-STN)? I haven't booked since I want LHR but it seems to work perfectly well when I enter it that way.
Old May 5, 2009, 8:40 am

Well, I guess it's too late anyway, seems they found the mistake and corrected it, only see
£300 and upwards...
Congrats to all those who managed to get it and a big THANKS to the OP! Now let's hope o.uk are not cancelling issued tix!
Old May 5, 2009, 9:05 am

Jupp, seems to be gone....
Old May 5, 2009, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by MarcelL_GER
Jupp, seems to be gone....
too bad ...

Had a look at it this afternoon for early september dates (9/1 - 9/12), TK doesnt appear anymore either.

In genereal however Im a so jealous for London based for travellers, compared to ZRH. The fares are generally low, even for nonstop flights. Buying seperate tickets on LCCs and subsequently likely having to spend a night at a hotel in London however make the total sum go up a lot for a trip.
Old May 5, 2009, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Well, TK does still appear but at £395.50 in L class where it was £193.50. Those who only bought it yesterday should thank destiny for yesterday being bank holiday in the UK, otherwise, the deal might have been withdrawn 24 hours earlier!
Old May 5, 2009, 11:59 am

Programs: *A
lol, very true
Old May 5, 2009, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by jonasfischer
Now let's hope o.uk are not cancelling issued tix!
This will be difficult; tickets are paid and issued - deal closed - and I guess TK will object to it. If this is an error on the part of o.uk (most likely because no other web-pages had these low TK fares) o.up will suffer the loss and TK couldn't care less and will most likely not accept canc. of tix and the loss of good will this will create. On the other hand, if TK for some reason suffers the loss, TK may decide to cancel tix but I believe TK will be reluctant to do so; the loss is "only" approx GBP 200/ticket and the loss of good will is imminent.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.