Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) DL: JFK/BOS to DPS/CGK/MNL via Europe - 1482 USD ++ - Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) DL: JFK/BOS to DPS/CGK/MNL via Europe - 1482 USD ++ - Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2009, 10:32 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by berlinflyer
BAD NEWS: My reservation for October is no longer available at dl.com

Edit: I can still pull up the ticket on checkmytrip.com and when I copy/paste the ticket number, I am able to pull the itinary on dl.com with the ticket number....strange
I think we have someone flying in 2 weeks on DL stock, or are you our next one Bflyer? I think we will all truly know if this fare is going to be honored the next time someone flies on it, since this appears to be the first rejected travel.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 10:40 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
I leave in 11 days though my ticket is on CX stock. Don't know if that helps.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by berlinflyer
BAD NEWS: My reservation for October is no longer available at dl.com

Edit: I can still pull up the ticket on checkmytrip.com and when I copy/paste the ticket number, I am able to pull the itinary on dl.com with the ticket number....strange
Your reservation and eticket are separate computer records. One can exist without the other. Sounds like your reservation was canceled, but your eticket still exists. That, unfortunately, sounds like what happened to broadwayboy's friend. i.e. you cannot check in but DL can use the ticket to rebook.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 10:43 am

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Another data point: My January departure is still up at dl.com and I just successfully sent myself a copy of the receipt for good measure. I guess the waiting game continues.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
Your reservation and eticket are separate computer records. One can exist without the other. Sounds like your reservation was canceled, but your eticket still exists. That, unfortunately, sounds like what happened to broadwayboy's friend. i.e. you cannot check in but DL can use the ticket to rebook.
You sure about this? So we can be certain that if both the PNR reference number AND ticket number work, we are fine? Broadwayboy, u should have your friend check (although it might be to late) if he cant pull the res with his original PNR but can with the ticket number.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLATL777
You sure about this? So we can be certain that if both the PNR reference number AND ticket number work, we are fine?...
That's how the system is supposed to work.

Many, however, are confused about eticket number and PNR. When someone says that he/she has a ticket, often it means he/she has a PNR. They are two different things. PNR is a 5 or 6 alphanumeric code to identify your reservation. You have a PNR for each airlines on your ticket, unless they share the same GDS. Ticket number is a 13 digit, all numeric, code for your eticket. The first 3 digit identifies the issuing airlines. DL tickets begin with 006.

To confuse the issue more, the eticket could be valid, but the issuing airlines can suspend it. You cannot check in with suspended tickets. You need to make sure you eticket still exists and the status is OPEN FOR USE.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 12:34 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
I'd like to share a similar experience. I could not report on it because the initial thread (FARE GONE) EK/TG/AZ: CMB-JFK $1100/550 GBP One Way (Business Class) no longer exists.

I was flying a SQ ticket. CMB-AKL-BKK-CDG-DKR-JFK. I'd flown all the SQ segments and had a 7 month break in BKK. I had a printout from TG for my TG segemnts, and an AF printout (from KLM office in AKL) for the CDG-DKR-CDG-JFK. I flew my TG & LH flight to Paris, and spent a nice few days sightseeing. I never called TG/LH/AF because I didn't want to alert anyone to the fare. This tunred out to be a mistake

Upon check-in for my CDG-DKR, I was advised that I had no booking and the flight was full. That was it. The printout I had didn't matter. I was told to go to ticketing and that my ticket needed to be re-issued.

SINCE I DIDN'T CALL 2 WEEKS BEFORE AND RE-CONFIRM MY RESERVATION WITH AIR FRANCE, THEY LET MY BOOKING GO AND RESOLD MY SEAT.

[details of the incident that followed] Ticketing had a long line, and I knew I'd get no-where... so I went to another check-in agent out of sight of the 1st clerk. I acted just as surprised when I heard the story the 2nd time; questioned how it could have happened; was again told how impossible it would be to fly as I didn't have a booking, my fare class was sold out, the plane was booked to capacity, and told to go to ticketing; I told her, I'd just been to ticketing and they had a long line up; she offered to close her counter, walk me to ticketing, versed the agent on my situation and asked them to help me, I ended up with my Business Class seat. I was told that I may be in trouble when I get to Dakar, as I still had no reservation back and to New York, that he had no time to do it, as my flight was just about to start boarding. I hurried up, caught the right train, and boarded just in time. In DKR city office, they were able to waitlist me. Although I had to change and fly out a day earlier, all my flights were handled and re-booked without regards to any fare mistake, date or booking problem, or re-issue.

What I learned from this is to CONFIRM my booking with Air France. It may be as simple as this. I hope so.

I was left stranded at the check-in counter. I kept calm (after the initial outrage) and solicited the airlines help.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Interesting story, seanthepilot.

I can confirm that on this JFK-DPS ticket, I never confirmed my AF segments and had no problems at checkin.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 12:54 pm

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Originally Posted by qasr
Interesting story, seanthepilot.

I can confirm that on this JFK-DPS ticket, I never confirmed my AF segments and had no problems at checkin.
I didn't confirm my AF segments and did not have any problems, also.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 1:02 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
I had changed my initial travel dates; ticket and reservation, although re-confirmed initially, did not match. And it was 7 months after change of my booking.

I didn't want to take the thread off topic, but thought that some experience may calm the panic.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Reconfirmation is no longer required for most flights, except for some African and South American flights. It also depends on airlines. DKR may be one of those destinations for AF. JFK-CDG should not require reconfirmation.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA-PLT, DL-SLV, JL-SAPPHIRE, Hyatt Diamond, *wood Gold
I recently came home from JFK/DPS trip. I was suprised that it went pretty smoothly. My route was JFK-(DL/AF)-CDG-(CX)-HKG-(CX)-DPS-(CX)-HKG-(CX)-CDG-(DL/AF)-JFK. When I checked in with AF at JFK, the boarding passes for CDG/HKG and HKG/DPS segments were also issued by AF agent. I also checked my suitecase to my final destination of DPS. Upon arriving in CDG, I took an airside transit bus to terminal 2C(?) and went straight to CX business class lounge. At the lounge, I showed an agent my connecting boarding passes and baggage tag. The agent re-issued boarding passes with CX paper, and she entered baggage tag serial number into the system.

That was it. It was a long layover in CDG (4 hours), but it went pretty smoothly and I did not lose my checked-in baggage in route. The only problem was, although I requested pre-assigned seat through DL website for JFK/CDG segement, the pre-assgined seat was not recorded on AF system when I checked in at JFK.

On the way back, the process was very similar except that CX agent at DPS did not issued me a boarding pass for CDG/JFK segment and told me that I need to check in again for the last segment in CDG. Other than that, I had no problem coming home.

I hope it helps.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
My confirmation number pulls up my reservation (though the TG legs are still missing).
Old Jul 31, 2009, 3:08 pm

Something (bad) is up. He's back at JFK again after being sent a revised itinerary (same as original) for today. DL called and reconfirmed that he's been rebooked for today. He turned up at AF counter few minutes ago and again, DENIED check in!

I wish I were in NYC to help him out with the issue, but I am now half a world away and can not believe all this mess that he has to go through.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Something (bad) is up. He's back at JFK again after being sent a revised itinerary (same as original) for today. DL called and reconfirmed that he's been rebooked for today. He turned up at AF counter few minutes ago and again, DENIED check in!

I wish I were in NYC to help him out with the issue, but I am now half a world away and can not believe all this mess that he has to go through.
Wow. What did they say this time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.