Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Old May 14, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum, OZ Diamond, AC Prestige25K
Originally Posted by Timidocvl
The far east is calling again for you C1 East Coasters. No need to call any of you exs before you go, after you come back, or even while you are there. Routing is everything
Hi there, I've been trying to figure out this trick but I'm having trouble narrowing down the airlines I should be trying. I'm a beginner at fuel dumping and I know using partner airlines can increase the chance of a fuel dump but given your hint about no strikes needed, I'm guessing this could be a self-dump (since the open jaw airports are presumably close to each other). I'm not looking for the exact answer but could you point me the right direction (maybe the alliance)? Thanks in advance!
Old May 14, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: DL plat
The far east is calling again for you C1 East Coasters. No need to call any of you exs before you go, after you come back, or even while you are there. Routing is everything
I really hope this isn't the same deal that is constantly discussed in the MR forum...
Old May 14, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by 15cats
I really hope this isn't the same deal that is constantly discussed in the MR forum...
Not sending folks to China.
Old May 14, 2019, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by 15cats
I stopped posting here a long time ago because I learned how you can't control the information leak. Occassionally I'll reach out by PM to someone if I see something I might be interested in, but I don't post my own findings here. Do I lose more than I gain by doing that? Maybe. But in the 4 months I've been using my current dump, nobody has posted it here. Too bad too because it's one of my best personal finds considering its amazing versatility. But I know that once it gets out, it'll die very quick.

Alternatively, the c4-c2.5 posted in the premium fare portal has about $800 in fat on a $2k ticket. I can't dump it, but I bet it is out there for the enterprising mind
$800+ easily dumped (you can see in ITA). I believe the specific fare availability you mentioned is now gone (may be missing some dates, but I don't see it anymore).

Primary driver for posting some interesting findings than just asking for help is that people can see you have skill and will come and network with you. Sharing privately ideas and knowledge can many times lead to even bigger / faster learnings. There are a lot of people out there that are much smarter and more entrepreneurial than me.
Old May 14, 2019, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Erst denken-
​​​​ dann reden

Silberpanda likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 7:18 pm

One can easily find an UA NYC-HKG-KUL or PNH / PEK-NYC-YYZ DOJ for as low as $317 on Google Flights. But avoiding China is not as easy.
Old May 17, 2019, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by kchanbeki
One can easily find an UA NYC-HKG-KUL or PNH / PEK-NYC-YYZ DOJ for as low as $317 on Google Flights. But avoiding China is not as easy.
I am avoiding crossing the Pacific all together.
Old May 21, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
I haven't done any dumps in 5 or 6 years, and I've lost track of the ones that used to work.

That said, does the latest ruling for LH in Italy possibly help or create some opportunities:
https://simpleflying.com/lufthansa-skiplagging-italy/

Primarily it seems to help re-mediate the 1st strike flights from canceling.
Old May 21, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Primarily it seems to help re-mediate the 1st strike flights from canceling.
Practically I wonder if anyone with a 1X dares to though...as regards how it works, do TAs have a waiver code to cancel segments without needing to contact LH...?
Old May 22, 2019, 3:46 pm

It's rather very unfortunate that after a major C1 carrier fixed its YQ tables few days ago, yet another luxury carrier has also fixed its YQ tables overnight to plug probably one of the last remaining cheap leakage ex C2

But it certainly points to the hard fact of the life, that airlines are not shy of changing FRs and can do it overnight if they wish to!
zroland and karlot_96 like this.

Last edited by andydd; May 24, 2019 at 2:37 pm
Old May 22, 2019, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by andydd
It's rather very unfortunate that after a major C1 carrier fixed its YQ tables few days ago, yet another luxury carrier has also fixed its YQ tables overnight to plug probably one of the last remaining cheap leakage ex C2

But it certainly points to the hard fact, that airlines are not shy of changing FRs and can do it overnight if they wish to!
yeah very bad the overnight YQ changes of that luxury airlines. Hard luck
zroland likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: BA, Virgin. LC Accor, IGH, BW
Originally Posted by kchanbeki
I assume this is in ref to the fare that's popped up in the "main stream"
Old May 25, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
C2c(or C2e) - C1.5, 249 Euros, ITAble
Hint: Instagrammable beach with animals
Old May 28, 2019, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by karlot_96
From PAR, its DEAD and as mentionned by SilberPanda, still some rare/few pair City who still working.
Big loose for C2 guys ....
just for your information, this never worked from/to many places. You had to pick them up on both sides very carefully all the time. Crying doesn't help.
Old May 29, 2019, 2:08 am

Programs: QF Gold
Given the broad agreement here that the popular C2-C1 is gone.

Can anyone please spend a moment to explain what was happening? Can we at least treat it as a learning opportunity for those here who want to learn and try and find new things.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.