Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by davem4
Must be gone, as cannot see anything with the suitable base fare.

Yes the 32 quickly eliminated a fair amount of EU transit points that were above 10euro in cost. However apart from playing around with booking links in Powertools, didn't know how to approach when there is no room in price to throw in a strike.
Actually I stopped the search after 2 minutes because imho (as always) there are missing information from the OP :P so it's not worthwhile to waste time.
Silberpanda likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Point of reference.

The AZ trick from 4 years ago, since it was an Italian domestic flight, it did not not have any YQ in it to begin with and taxes were minimal Thus no need for any 1X , 2X, 2.5X or 3X.
Just arrived Abu Dhabi from New York on first leg of my positioning flight to airport of origin for flight to Singapore next week. Return from Singapore to New York via Pacific with 3-day stop-over in Sashimi-landia.
Some imaginative FTers have not wasted their time. One is already ticketed and another is waiting for available flight dates fitting his needs.
As mentioned in original posting, available dates are very limited.
Had to laugh. If I am not mistaken the "h" in "imho" stands for Humble.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Oct 16, 2018 at 10:47 pm
Old Oct 17, 2018, 2:27 am

Had to laugh. "imaginative" or imaginary FTers?

The point here is not if there are missing information in the OP. It seems that you are not doing a post to help people to find a trick but you just want/need clapping.

I will be in NYC on November and than I will take a 25€ flight from NYC to EZE (non stop). Limited availability and it requires a personal touch.
Am I writing it to let people find NYC-EZE flight or because I need an applause?

If you really want to help people, you should start to answer to PM and strat an honest collaboration.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by jorun
Had to laugh. "imaginative" or imaginary FTers?

The point here is not if there are missing information in the OP. It seems that you are not doing a post to help people to find a trick but you just want/need clapping.

I will be in NYC on November and than I will take a 25€ flight from NYC to EZE (non stop). Limited availability and it requires a personal touch.
Am I writing it to let people find NYC-EZE flight or because I need an applause?

If you really want to help people, you should start to answer to PM and strat an honest collaboration.
hahaha is that a joke .... you are not at least the good exemple on this. ... you are the champion in this game, i mean the game of "someone who dont help here on this forum" JOKE
nolamers, Silberpanda and andy111 like this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by karlot_96
hahaha is that a joke .... you are not at least the good exemple on this. ... you are the champion in this game, i mean the game of "someone who dont help here on this forum" JOKE
It doesn't work in this way young fella.
If you want to enter in this game and you want to create a collaboration between two or more people you need to prove to the others that you are "active" and that you do "homework".
If you do "only" questions, I can guarantee you that trick it isn't your place.

When I see an interesting post I always send a pm to the OP to ask more info. The OP will decide via PM, if I deserve his time and so start a possible collaboration or just move on.
You and other members have 0....yes 0 interesting post on trick it. Make the math...
Old Oct 17, 2018, 6:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by karlot_96
Well said - in just a bit of clumpsy english but your identification of hypocrisy and double standard is getting through. No I do not think it is a joke - just a sign of frustration - Not sharing and not helping others has its benefits. You get to stay home and do things around the house.
The AZ reference as well as identifying my Departure and Arrival airport is already almost too much hint and info.

Last edited by Pat89339; Oct 18, 2018 at 2:49 am Reason: TOS 18
Old Oct 17, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
a certain European airline has again lowered fares, making C2e/c - C1 possible for around 209 Euros depending on destination airport. 3x and OTA-specific
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:49 am

Programs: M&M, IHG
Originally Posted by matio_svk
a certain European airline has again lowered fares, making C2e/c - C1 possible for around 209 Euros depending on destination airport. 3x and OTA-specific
Nice find.
Ex c2 are prices available without any dump for less than 190 Euro.
With different dumps less than 130 €.
andydd and karlot_96 like this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: Le Blue
Some difference: 209€ full service, 130€ basic economy, bags extra!
Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
C2-C1W, 44 Euros RT, Bookable , ETIX issued.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: QF Gold
I was looking at wrong route :-P

So US fees for arrival / departure is minimum 46.08 euros ... so looks like another C1 country

Continuing search.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by Flyinghobby
Some difference: 209€ full service, 130€ basic economy, bags extra!
a bag doesn't justify +50% of the total cost
Old Oct 19, 2018, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by Sciamano
a bag doesn't justify +50% of the total cost
Agree. but for someone messy like me (i.e. always have luggage) booking full service may be better!
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Does anything work on OneWorld carriers (mainly BA, QR) between USA and Asia (India, SriLanka, Thailand)? Either direction, so for example could be NYC-DEL/CMB/BKK or DEL/CMB/BKK-NYC.

It used to be that if I started my journey with a prayer at Christ the Redeemer statue, I received good blessings. However, lately Christ appears to have become busy with other matters.

(All members of this forums know not to post any specifics here. Please use coded language. Specifics are welcome by PM.)

Last edited by aktchi; Oct 19, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Old Oct 20, 2018, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by aktchi
Does anything work on OneWorld carriers (mainly BA, QR) between USA and Asia (India, SriLanka, Thailand)? Either direction, so for example could be NYC-DEL/CMB/BKK or DEL/CMB/BKK-NYC.

It used to be that if I started my journey with a prayer at Christ the Redeemer statue, I received good blessings. However, lately Christ appears to have become busy with other matters.

(All members of this forums know not to post any specifics here. Please use coded language. Specifics are welcome by PM.)
You have PM.

Too bad, the Chinese Silver Bear is missing all the fun. Staying at CP Changi SIN. October 24.
zroland likes this.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Oct 20, 2018 at 1:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.