Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: AA EXP
deleted

Last edited by swingaling; Aug 24, 2018 at 9:07 am
Old Aug 25, 2018, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by quinzinho
Seems not dumpable indeed. How do you derive YQ is charged per segment? From FR?
GDS/ATPCO
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Mict
Looks like the YQ is charged per segment regardless of first departure or last arrival airport so it doesn't seem dumpable unless I am missing something.
Whether or not the YQ is charged per segment has little to do with a fare's dump-ability. It just means it won't work with your typical 3x.

The trick that works with this carrier also works with a Korean carrier China-C1.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Not worth your efforts. TNR generally has relatively low w YQ and high base fares - The wrong combination.
OK I think I have solved my problem! I now have cheap ways of getting myself off Madagascar (TNR) to either JNB or MRU. I can get to MRU via an Air Madagascar resident's discount of up to 50%, and JNB via my stash of points (Voyager Miles).

So now time to start hunting down high YQ fares. My impression is that JNB will be a better starting point than MRU given the volume of air traffic to Europe (where I am aiming to get to cheaply). Looking forward to getting involved!
Old Sep 1, 2018, 4:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
"Journey of Inspiration" carrier's Trans-Oceanic YQ associated with its 1.87€​​​​​ Base Fare to " Mission Control " is fully and safely dumpable.
Also to City which is " Golden in Peace and Iron at War ".
ElJudioErrante likes this.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Sep 2, 2018 at 12:32 pm
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: QF Gold
Ok i figured out a 100% dump C2-C3-C6, with a flyable 1x.
Now, I can get it to price on multiple sites (some big some small), I can see myself using this twice a year.

I would appreciate a PM from one of the veterans advising what OTA I should use. I would like to protect this as much as possible from any attention (which would also advise to book wide connections as well as not into the next season (to hopefully avoid rescheduling issues?)

Thank you.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by davem4
Ok i figured out a 100% dump C2-C3-C6, with a flyable 1x.
Now, I can get it to price on multiple sites (some big some small), I can see myself using this twice a year.

I would appreciate a PM from one of the veterans advising what OTA I should use. I would like to protect this as much as possible from any attention (which would also advise to book wide connections as well as not into the next season (to hopefully avoid rescheduling issues?)

Thank you.
Go with the biggest, most reputable OTA you can find. A lot of the smaller OTAs don't have real time ticketing, which could lead to human intervention. Bigger OTAs it's all automated, and barring any issues, your ticket will never be seen by an agent.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:11 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
"Journey of Inspiration" carrier's Trans-Oceanic YQ associated with its 1.87€​​​​​ Base Fare to " Mission Control " is fully and safely dumpable.
Also to City which is " Golden in Peace and Iron at War ".
Not from their home base, right?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:40 am

Programs: AV,ST,OW Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bodory
Not from their home base, right?
When you can easily figure that out by yourself you will usually not get a reply. And this one’s easy..
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:57 am

c2-c3 RT booked for <100€
Markiemarkie likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:14 am

Hi , newbie here so please forgive me for any possible issues!
Do you think that a BF of 300eur and YQ 400 on IB from OPO to SCL is a good candidate for trimming? I´ve tried 1x and 3x and I can´t do it. Any tips ? On the other hand I trimmed 50% on the dessert of a less direct route with a different alliance. Not a miracle but still cheap.

Thanks!

Last edited by gncs; Sep 10, 2018 at 7:13 am
Old Sep 11, 2018, 1:59 pm
Suspended

Broader participation in TATL

Pugliesis, Siculis,Valencianos, Sagobrigas, Bohuslaenger and Jyder can now, with a small twist, participate in the transatlantic bonanza from their home airports.
glennhaak and gncs like this.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Sep 11, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Old Sep 13, 2018, 4:19 am

Help

[QUOTE=jorun;30187546]c2-c3 RT booked for <100€[/
Nice
Old Sep 13, 2018, 6:24 am
Suspended

C2-C1 Open Jaw C4(s)-C2 from 245,64€ all-in.

Safe trip originating in Big city in C2(s) .
City of Temptations can be included.

Now one may ask, and logically so: "How do I get from C1 to C4 ?
​​​​​​
Of course there is a cheap way. Very cheap, even in BIZ.
gncs likes this.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Sep 13, 2018 at 11:26 am
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:37 pm

Too much. C2-C4 266 euro, totally safe. Old & good but BF is higher and higher every year...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.