Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2018, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by geelgors
PL now often gives the 2$ bug. Probably because the combinations are not... that regular
haha true. is not that regular at all
any idea about OTA with 24h free Cancellation ?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
To attractive to leave under-utilized. Testing New approach to FD collaboration

Originally Posted by wntl
140€
Without revealing the "Old Trick" or the X factor I will happily do the actual bookings on FTer's behalf, with nothing required or expected in return, but only for FTers who have previously made valuable contributions to FT and who have actual need to go to Jburg and who can leave from the applicable C2 airports, ( arranging and paying their own positioning flights). No identification of departure airport(s) will be given until ticketing is complete.
While many dates are possible, October 28 is particularly good for 6-8 day stays. Only a heavily redacted itinerary will be provided with PNR omitted

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Jul 20, 2018 at 1:50 pm
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: M&M, IHG
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Without revealing the "Old Trick" or the X factor I will happily do the actual bookings on FTer's behalf, with nothing required or expected in return, but only for FTers who have previously made valuable contributions to FT and who have actual need to go to Jburg and who can leave from the applicable C2 airports, ( arranging and paying their own positioning flights). No identification of departure airport(s) will be given until ticketing is complete.
While many dates are possible, October 28 is particularly good for 6-8 day stays. Only a heavily redacted itinerary will be provided with PNR omitted

do you really think that FTers who posted here valuable contributions need your help to book this?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Silberpanda

do you really think that FTers who posted here valuable contributions need your help to book this?

You are absolutely correct. Many of them do not need help ( and I know most of them ) but some of them may. None of the ones I know have actually flown it, so I thought that given the attractiveness, someone could get the economic benefits without getting the actual details of the trick.
Anyone who has actually purchased a ticket, in their self-interest, is very likely to protect any information they may come across.

I have already received several PMs with request for hints and pointer for routes, airlines etc. .
No such information ( hints or pointers etc ) have been given and will not be given going forward. My response to all of them has been simply "Read the Posting in detail. Name of airline(s) not important."
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:14 pm

C1-c5 320€ st
Old Jul 21, 2018, 1:25 am

Interesting!
After a long time, I come back and the game has new rules
Over use of a trick is not risky
We should edit the Wiki
Old Jul 21, 2018, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by sario
Interesting!
After a long time, I come back and the game has new rules
Over use of a trick is not risky
We should edit the Wiki
When people start to not have ANYTHING to loose they need to be at the center of the attention somehow.
You can't change this because it's the human nature.
The most important thing to keep in mind is to exclude these people from any kind of collaboration even if the collaboration is to share old trick/screenshots.

This is why I don't answer to PM about my tricks.

About the "trick protection":
The only way to protect a trick is to NEVER share it. Once you share/code a trick you are not protecting it but you are taking a "calculate" risk.
This is NOT my opinion this is what the history taught us (thousands of example on FT about award or FD trick)
Old Jul 21, 2018, 3:09 am

"nothing to loose" or "something to earn"?

Any way, some time ago the common thinking was
Calculated risk is fine so sharing is fine under certain circumstances
A under-utilized trick is a bless
Over-use is the best way to kill a trick

If the common thinking is changed it should be made clear

Old Jul 21, 2018, 6:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sario
"nothing to loose" or "something to earn"?

Any way, some time ago the common thinking was
Calculated risk is fine so sharing is fine under certain circumstances
A under-utilized trick is a bless
Over-use is the best way to kill a trick

If the common thinking is changed it should be made clear

You have totally missed ( or want to miss) the pre-ample (Quid pro Quo) , the gradation argument of the posting and the heavy qualifiers.

From degree of utilization of 0-4 to a degree of utilization of 5-10, how in the world is that OVER-Utilization ?

How many "qualified" people do you think will pay for a trip to South Africa originating in a relatively small European airport, and incur the extra cost of positioning flights and hotels, just so they can obtain trick information ( which they will not ) and then share it all over. If I ended up doing more than 5-8 actual bookings, I will be surprised. However, think about the incentive it will be to someone if they actually go at this low price, to continue positive collaboration on FT.

Come on. Think before you post. But maybe that was not really the purpose.The purpose of FT is to get productive FT members "up in the air" rather than staying back in the sand box throwing sand in each others faces.

The predictable negativity from the usual crowd was .... let's say.... Predictable.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Jul 21, 2018 at 6:54 am
Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:47 am

paying/staying one/two night in hotel is a iussue for someone here? If you have in mind to book for qualified traveller for sure no
And that small airport is in the middle of nothing or you can reach it cheaply from all Europe, Islands included?
And if you want to try this new approach to keep member on the air and you really think there is no risk in this, then why do not begin with booking from C1?

At least, we agree on one point; I hate sand too
Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
You have totally missed ( or want to miss) the pre-ample (Quid pro Quo) , the gradation argument of the posting and the heavy qualifiers.

From degree of utilization of 0-4 to a degree of utilization of 5-10, how in the world is that OVER-Utilization ?

How many "qualified" people do you think will pay for a trip to South Africa originating in a relatively small European airport, and incur the extra cost of positioning flights and hotels, just so they can obtain trick information ( which they will not ) and then share it all over. If I ended up doing more than 5-8 actual bookings, I will be surprised. However, think about the incentive it will be to someone if they actually go at this low price, to continue positive collaboration on FT.

Come on. Think before you post. But maybe that was not really the purpose.The purpose of FT is to get productive FT members "up in the air" rather than staying back in the sand box throwing sand in each others faces.

The predictable negativity from the usual crowd was .... let's say.... Predictable.
You was the one who asked to collaborate/share about inline X some days ago on trick it and than you came here and say they you will book ticket other people using trick.
How could people collaborate/share with you, knowing that you wake up and start to book trick for other like this?

It is a joke!
Old Jul 21, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: M&M, IHG
Originally Posted by jorun
You was the one who asked to collaborate/share about inline X some days ago on trick it and than you came here and say they you will book ticket other people using trick.
How could people collaborate/share with you, knowing that you wake up and start to book trick for other like this?

It is a joke!
Thank you Jorun,
you spoke out what my thoughts are.

For me it looks like that someone here is fishing in muddy water and need to find news dumps to sell.
Hopefully the users here know exactly with whom they donīt share.
l0rd likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 3:46 pm
Suspended

Thank you Jorun,

For me it looks like that someone here is fishing in muddy water and need to find news dumps to sell.
Clearly, for anyone who is around this Thread, you are neither a Contributor nor a potential User of the offer, so why even make commentary to a matter that does not relate to you in any way ?
Obviously lacking reading comprehension of the original posting, Another sand-throwing kid jumps into the sandbox.
FLA77 likes this.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Jul 21, 2018 at 4:10 pm
Old Jul 22, 2018, 2:13 am

Thank you Jorun,

I would add that when you are totally right and the other person is WRONG, you will always get the answer
"lacking reading comprehension".

this is the most funny thing :P
Old Jul 22, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: *A
C2-C1e (Big Apple) 110€

Last edited by zroland; Jul 31, 2018 at 2:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.