Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Old Sep 24, 2017, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by karlot_96
Any hint to oriente me please ?

i found some price on ITA that could not find it on OTA "found the same but the price is upper 200 euros on OTA" any help to resolve this please ?

thanks in advance.

Any Help guys ? thanks
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:17 am

Italy

Hi everyone
New to the forum
Please I have question someone has succedded to dump from C2s to C1 RT. Can work in 3x ?

We are 4 peoples, I have to buy 1 ticket at a time or dumping works with 4 tickets in the same time.

Feel free to PM
Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by karlot_96
Any Help guys ? thanks
I can dump 50% with 3x in c2n
Hint: distance is < 100 mi
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by grizzo75
Hi everyone
New to the forum
Please I have question someone has succedded to dump from C2s to C1 RT. Can work in 3x ?

We are 4 peoples, I have to buy 1 ticket at a time or dumping works with 4 tickets in the same time.

Feel free to PM
4 at a time will work assuming the same fare class is available. 4 tickets means 4 times the risk.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 5:05 am

Ok, time o ask for help.
Hi guys, I have been around for a while already.
Never really join this conversation as didn't have much to share.
However, I have now, more than ever, hunger in learning!
I thought I made progress, but it seems I'm banging my head against a solid wall. I believe I am missing something.
I read the Wikipost as well as the rules, I am aware this is not the place where to beg for help, I would like though to ask for some tips, to share with any of you what I think I learned and see if anything is missing and why I can't make it work. I am NOT looking for somebody doing the job for me.
I am happy to do my homework if any of you would be happy to give me any advise.
Thanks anybody willing to share with me their experience.
Safe flight.

P.S. I'll remove if inappropriate
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:02 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by LightShade
Ok, time o ask for help.
Hi guys, I have been around for a while already.
Never really join this conversation as didn't have much to share.
However, I have now, more than ever, hunger in learning!
I thought I made progress, but it seems I'm banging my head against a solid wall. I believe I am missing something.
I read the Wikipost as well as the rules, I am aware this is not the place where to beg for help, I would like though to ask for some tips, to share with any of you what I think I learned and see if anything is missing and why I can't make it work. I am NOT looking for somebody doing the job for me.
I am happy to do my homework if any of you would be happy to give me any advise.
Thanks anybody willing to share with me their experience.
Safe flight.

P.S. I'll remove if inappropriate

Nobody will help you unless you provide a specific question and even then it is iffy. I am glad you want to learn, but what is your question?
fedechat and LightShade like this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Deltahater
Nobody will help you unless you provide a specific question and even then it is iffy. I am glad you want to learn, but what is your question?
Thanks for answering first of all.
My questions are many such as:

-Why I know where to find strikes but once I apply them they don't work (section 10 permitting it) ?
-Why ITA chance completely the booking when I apply a strike?

is it just a matter of trying with more and more?
Old Sep 27, 2017, 8:02 am

Thanks for answering first of all.
My questions are many such as:

-Why I know where to find strikes but once I apply them they don't work (section 10 permitting it) ?
-Why ITA chance completely the booking when I apply a strike?

is it just a matter of trying with more and more?

Hello friend,

with my small experience, not all what you find on ITA you are going to find it on OTA to book.

i have an exemple that im working on it since 1 week --> no OTA to book my flight C2 - C6 for 492 euros with CA & 3x strike.

all OTA show me the price of 950 euros. hard to me with my little experience to book, i asked for help in earlier post.

Thanks for all
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:32 am

OJ C2 C3 348€ ai
I guess somebody more experience can remove even more fat
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:30 am

OJ C2 C3 348€ ai
I guess somebody more experience can remove even more fat
C2 - C3 300 euros ai CA airlines JAN to Apr 2018
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: A3 Silver
c2 c3 for 250 euro. almost rhymes
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by montezume
c2 c3 for 250 euro. almost rhymes
The strike is it flyable ? 😉 Or i need to pay hundreds to take it
👍
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Its Thursday - New Base Fares posted - New Opportunities

Boston-London Non-Stop
Helsinki-New York Non Stop

$ 159.18 All-in OneWorld Bookable on US OTA.

Originate in New York ( NYC-LON // HEL-NYC) and price is $ 169.93

Use AA BCN-JFK Non Stop as return and pay $ 176.88

In this case ITA is your friend, if programmed correctly.
karlot_96 likes this.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Sep 28, 2017 at 2:49 pm Reason: Price update
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:19 pm

My journey to learn fd …

This post is meant to give credit to fd contributors and also share my learning curve experience for noobs, wanting to get in to this hobby.

There are many contributors but I want to give shout out to jorun, RangeXT, FrankTalk, giggy, BryanIAH, janetdoe, man4business, Mr. Bean and last but not least, WWE. I and many other have greatly benefited from your knowledge in picking this new hobby. Thank you for your posts throughout the years. Some of em are now on sabbatical leave from this tread, but please note, your past contribution are not forgone.

Thank you.

Few bullet point for new comers, form slightly old new comers
Do not ask for strikes - if you just want low airfare, you will not get help, might get flamed. It is hobby, Sr. member are willing to help you if ask intelligent question that reflects that your research and thread rules
Read this thread from beginning but ... intelligently. This is very long post, a lot of it will not make sense to you, most of tricks no longer work, but if you follow users I called out earlier, you will improve your FD101 very quickly.
It will help if you are good with programming, I downloaded this whole thread, made note of “coded tricks”, search for any past reference and context around it to have some understanding. Make sure to google the coded keyword that can provide additional understanding. Hint: do word count by post and look for the longest posts. Those are the most helpfuls ones.
Invest time in understanding fare rules (available thru ITA). Once you have good understanding, you can then get creative.
• Search, search and search. My first 3 fd came thru while I was following specific lead from thread, I never got replicated that specific trick but instead found other ones.
Utilize tools if you can but you get by without. My stack involves ITA, expert flyers, farefreaks, my own compiled db with open source flight and airport database, and script to lookup OTAs.
Most of my bullets have been mentioned previously... I am simply reiterating for new comers like me.

Here is 3x my contribution (found it this morning)
Fly from trump tower to famous city in Province of Varese via largest city in the Maghreb. BF is $3.00
You can ITA it with 3x to/from C3ne to dump 100%. You can negotiate for $195.xx including my 3x (can you lower it with cheaper 3x? let me know)

Happy hunting!
Oj778 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:59 pm

nice post ccuser11! I got a momondo script somewhere to automate search queries, maybe we can work on that together. Will PM you once the day limit is lifted.

Saw your mentioned fare too. Prices out at $165. To another European country even lower: 123€.

Last edited by C2fly; Sep 28, 2017 at 3:14 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.