Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Old Sep 4, 2017, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by burito
People are here more than friendly if you prove real effort. This thread is different from the others and the study of previous posts will move you on. Violation of rules and disclosure to you of "coded" places now means frequent ending of opportunities for others. It's more than a real reason
You shared your opinion in a way it could be heard. Didn't use offensive words and just explained the point. Previous author used words like "mentally incapable" and others which were deleted. If you sure that the person is mentally incapable would you tell it to him? If you're not sure what are your intentions? Friendly? I have some doubts on that.

This thread is difficult to understand. I read 1.5k pages very carefully and probably on the way from 1.5k to 3k was more scrolling rather that reading, visited several other sites and posts, experimented and wrote a first post where made a mistake being too obvious. And I just can't get why somebody could call you mentally incapable when you try to explain why you did this way. I didn't reveal other strikes or argue in the last message. If it's enough to be the real reason for such a behavior then I'm really incapable of understanding this.

I don't see the point to continue that. I doubt that it makes sense. The only consequence is a plenty of irrelevant to the thread topic messages.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Stop it.

This is not a gossip or chatter blog or an "exchange of opinion" forum.

Frankly we do not care if you read 1 page or 2000 pages.

Those who engage in this nonsense are duly noted and 100 % sure to never to get any help.
Talk about "shooting oneself in the foot".

Its about making travel cheaper - basta - end of story.

If the next potential poster in-line does not have a real deal to share then don't post.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Sep 4, 2017 at 5:15 pm
Old Sep 4, 2017, 4:10 pm

Y_fly,

You don't just walk up to a brain surgeon and ask them how to perform brain surgery, do you? It takes years of studying, internship and practice to do that, and even then you may not make it as a brain surgeon.

This is similar to that, albeit at around 1/1,000,000 scale.

This may explain why some folks here get upset and aggravated, and fire back instead of just ignoring requests they may deem unreasonable.

I hope you understand.

Originally Posted by Y_fly
You shared your opinion in a way it could be heard. Didn't use offensive words and just explained the point. Previous author used words like "mentally incapable" and others which were deleted. If you sure that the person is mentally incapable would you tell it to him? If you're not sure what are your intentions? Friendly? I have some doubts on that.

This thread is difficult to understand. I read 1.5k pages very carefully and probably on the way from 1.5k to 3k was more scrolling rather that reading, visited several other sites and posts, experimented and wrote a first post where made a mistake being too obvious. And I just can't get why somebody could call you mentally incapable when you try to explain why you did this way. I didn't reveal other strikes or argue in the last message. If it's enough to be the real reason for such a behavior then I'm really incapable of understanding this.

I don't see the point to continue that. I doubt that it makes sense. The only consequence is a plenty of irrelevant to the thread topic messages.
aktchi likes this.

Last edited by FLA77; Sep 4, 2017 at 4:49 pm Reason: Edit
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by FLA77
Y_fly,

You don't just walk up to a brain surgeon and ask them how to perform brain surgery, do you? It takes years of studying, internship and practice to do that, and even then you may not make it as a brain surgeon.

This is similar to that, albeit at around 1/1,000,000 scale.

This may explain why some folks here get upset and aggravated, and fire back instead of just ignoring requests they may deem unreasonable.

I hope you understand.
I like the brain surgeon metaphor but I think it's better to explain in this way:

A real expert is the one who had the brain surgery and he/she can't back to a normal life. Expert = sick person = lost his life to fly for free etc...

A noob is still in time to avoid the brain surgery and follow a normal and happy life.

Actually I don't understand why noobs are asking for a brain surgery. Is it a new lifestyle?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 4:59 am
Suspended

Beach Lover's Special

C1-C3 $ 243.75 All R/T with flyable and desirable 3 segment X-factor originating in Holland, Austria or Switzerland.
Bookable on Expedia US or NL.

In addition Different Deal ( Not C1-C3) :

Inter-Continental Open Jaw with in-line 2X between the two open jaw airports* $ 194.77 All-in.
Bookable on Expedia.com

Definition of Inter-Continental: Cx-Cy, where numerical value X minus Y is | 1 | or > greater

No waste. No risk.

Visit 5 cities with multiple days in each, assuming you do not already live in AAA. For $ 7.00 more and a couple of cheap 150 km positioning bus trips you can visit 7 cities on itinerary.

* AAA-BBB 2X BBB-CCC CCC-AAA
Connecting city omitted.
Bob Saccamano likes this.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Sep 5, 2017 at 4:47 pm Reason: Two additional Cities for visit added
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:47 am
Suspended

NYC- C2 Open jaw and X factor €184.51 All-in

Utilizing C2-C1 one way base fare of €5.50 for return.

Cote D'Azur can be substituted as C2 arrival airport for additional € 12.00.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Sep 5, 2017 at 1:46 pm
Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Definition of Inter-Continental: Cx-Cy, where numerical value | X minus Y | is 1 or >
Or easier: where x <> y (or x != y, or x is different to y). No need to use absolute value or modulus function
Old Sep 6, 2017, 5:06 am

Programs: A few, without status
Candidate fare?

Would experts agree this is a potential candidate fare?

BOM-EWR on Air India 02 November 2017 - 25 April 2018.
Base fare: $140
YQ: $675

I have read through the fare rules:
END-ON-END
END-ON-END COMBINATIONS PERMITTED. VALIDATE ALL FARE
COMPONENTS. SIDE TRIPS PERMITTED.
PROVIDED -
COMBINATIONS ARE WITH ANY Y-/B-/M-/C-/D-/J-/Z- TYPE
FARES FOR CARRIER AI WITHIN INDIA.
COMBINATIONS ARE FOR CARRIER B6

Tried to combine with AI within India but YQ doesn't move there. For some reason I can't get it to combine with carrier B6 on ITA or on search engines.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:42 am

There has been a self-dump a few months ago (at least C2-C3) but seems to be fixed.

Last edited by C2fly; Sep 6, 2017 at 8:43 am Reason: Sry
Old Sep 6, 2017, 9:14 am

In addition Different Deal ( Not C1-C3) :

Inter-Continental Open Jaw with in-line 2X between the two open jaw airports* $ 194.77 All-in.
Bookable on Expedia.com

Definition of Inter-Continental: Cx-Cy, where numerical value X minus Y is | 1 | or > greater

No waste. No risk.

Visit 5 cities with multiple days in each, assuming you do not already live in AAA. For $ 7.00 more and a couple of cheap 150 km positioning bus trips you can visit 7 cities on itinerary.

* AAA-BBB 2X BBB-CCC CCC-AAA
Connecting city omitted.
You don't need to do all this to fly the same route... there is another (easier) construction for the same price.
Less marketing (to sell tricks), please.
Shanye2233 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 11:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DreamerSte
You don't need to do all this to fly the same route... there is another (easier) construction for the same price.
Less marketing (to sell tricks), please.
So what is "your deal" ?
Did I miss any of your postings ?

What can be easier than Originating and Terminating in same airport without any overland travel required ( as in OpenJaws) and no 1X and No wasted 3X and 3 free stop-overs ?

Some specificity in your answer would be appreciated to demonstrate that you are not totally clueless.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 11:32 am

So what is "your deal" ?
Did I miss any of your postings ?

What can be easier than Originating and Terminating in same airport without any overland travel required ( as in OpenJaws) and no 1X and No wasted 3X and 3 free stop-overs ?

Some specificity in your answer would be appreciated to demonstrate that you are not totally clueless.
You have a huge knowledge about FD, but please don't behave as philanthropist that give helps people, because you never really do... you use this marketing way to attract newbies and you make it for your own interest (money).
By the way my price is 168euro and the construction can be done with 2x and also in another way (same price), with free stopovers as well. Maybe I am clueless, maybe not.

Last edited by DreamerSte; Sep 8, 2017 at 2:52 am
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:09 pm

I found a C1-C2.5-C3 flight that seems dumpable, but i cant find a 3x that works with it. Any possible reasons why?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DreamerSte
Maybe I am clueless, maybe not.
Your answer ( lack thereof ) speaks for itself.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:36 pm

Is there a specific OTA that is used to check if a fuel dump works. Also has anyone ever found it possible to dump an EK flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.