Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:42 pm

Don't Etihad, Emirates and Qatar all serve JFK?

Originally Posted by ncben
It should be quite obvious. c2.5 airline that only serves JFK in the United States.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: DL plat
Originally Posted by FLA77
Don't Etihad, Emirates and Qatar all serve JFK?
I thinku might be missing one
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:18 am

QR C2-C3

Hi. I'm looking for a good 3X for C2(north lands)-C3(Serfing city on the island country) QR. It has more than 2/3 of fat of $550-$600 ticket, but I managed only to find a cut of $100 max. this 3x is a journey from Petronas towers to m e s. I would appreciate some hints to cut this fat. Thanks!
Old Sep 1, 2017, 6:02 am

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Originally Posted by Y_fly
Hi. I'm looking for a good 3X for C2(north lands)-C3(Serfing city on the island country) QR. It has more than 2/3 of fat of $550-$600 ticket, but I managed only to find a cut of $100 max.** strike information removed ** I would appreciate some hints to cut this fat. Thanks!
First step would be to read the wiki which is at the top of the page in giant red letters

That also contains a link to the rules of this thread, several of which you have broken.
LINK TO RULES
fedechat likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by flylonghaul
First step would be to read the wiki which is at the top of the page in giant red letters

That also contains a link to the rules of this thread, several of which you have broken.
LINK TO RULES
Hi flylonghaul,

Could you please tell me which rule I broke? I'm asking cause "Code any “tricks” most likely means that I coded it in a wrong way. I don't know what is the correct way but after reading whole 3k pages I saw the same way of coding and nobody was complaining. I can't even guess where can I find more advanced way of coding cause it's hidden from everybody except those who have been here from the very beginning. And, honestly, I don't see "several" other rules I broke.

Best regards
Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:33 am

Hi flylonghaul,

Could you please tell me which rule I broke? I'm asking cause "Code any “tricks” most likely means that I coded it in a wrong way. I don't know what is the correct way but after reading whole 3k pages I saw the same way of coding and nobody was complaining. I can't even guess where can I find more advanced way of coding cause it's hidden from everybody except those who have been here from the very beginning. And, honestly, I don't see "several" other rules I broke.

Best regards
Rule 1: Which is the basis that this thread works on and stated at the top of the page.
This is not the beg-it thread.

Rule 3: Code any tricks

You did not code the trick, you clearly stated the route that you used as a strike. Please remove any such information.

Rule 5: Do not code your questions

"Hi. I'm looking for a good 3X for C2(north lands)-C3(Serfing city on the island country)"

There is absolutely no way that if you have read the whole ~3000 pages that you would not know this basic information.

Cheers
Old Sep 1, 2017, 10:14 am

C2-C3

Could you please explain me a difference between my and this message except he didn't ask about the hints. I repeat hints and not a complete solution. I saw a many people asked about hints. Please also pay attention that amiras said it was "well done". Sorry I can't past picture from phone, so I just copied the text:

amiras's Avataramiras , Oct 24, 08 5:13 pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoonny
I dread crossing the GWB and Whitestone bridge on the way to JFK. I decide to stop by Beantown but only for couple of hours. I arrive at Madrid but Rome is calling me so I am off to Rome. After 11 days of cruising the Mediterranean, I miss my home so I decide to come home directly from Rome. :-)
Very well done

Best regards
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:21 pm

You gotta love this kid...
Old Sep 1, 2017, 6:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
fly from New York to South India Round Trip - Pay $278.92 All-in on Expedia.
Calgary88 likes this.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Sep 2, 2017 at 6:51 am
Old Sep 1, 2017, 6:27 pm

Is that a quote from 9 years ago?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:19 pm

Could you please explain me a difference between my and this message except he didn't ask about the hints. I repeat hints and not a complete solution. I saw a many people asked about hints. Please also pay attention that amiras said it was "well done". Sorry I can't past picture from phone, so I just copied the text:

amiras's Avataramiras , Oct 24, 08 5:13 pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoonny
I dread crossing the GWB and Whitestone bridge on the way to JFK. I decide to stop by Beantown but only for couple of hours. I arrive at Madrid but Rome is calling me so I am off to Rome. After 11 days of cruising the Mediterranean, I miss my home so I decide to come home directly from Rome. :-)
Very well done

Best regards
Ok, so not really sure what the post from 9 years ago has to do with the discussion at hand, it is completely irrelevant, partly as it has nothing to do with what we are talking about and partly because it was before the rules that I have linked were implemented. Again, you would know all of this if you had in fact read the 3,000 pages like you have stated, which you have clearly not done.

Honestly, this isn't that hard to understand. Try and focus on what I said.
You have openly posted the cities that you used for a strike. What is it about this that you are not getting.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by flylonghaul
Ok, so not really sure what the post from 9 years ago has to do with the discussion at hand, it is completely irrelevant, partly as it has nothing to do with what we are talking about and partly because it was before the rules that I have linked were implemented. Again, you would know all of this if you had in fact read the 3,000 pages like you have stated, which you have clearly not done.

Honestly, this isn't that hard to understand. Try and focus on what I said.
You have openly posted the cities that you used for a strike. What is it about this that you are not getting.
Ok, to be completely honest I read 1,5k pages entirely, cause somebody created an ebook and I used that one. Then I ran through the rest not so precisely, cause most of the messages were like "I'm gonna fly AAA-BBB, tell me YYY-XXX" or just talking about nothing... So I thought rules presented in first messages were agreed.

I at least tried to code my message (in way I saw it in this thread) and I didn't want somebody to tell me this XXX-YYY I need. I wanted and still want hints and direction where to search for it. Believe me I'm not the guy who did nothing and want an easy solution. I've been experimenting at different OTAs for a month already and have found some other 3x but all of them are not so successful.

Last edited by Pat89339; Sep 3, 2017 at 7:01 am Reason: TOS 12
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:21 am

Amazing
Old Sep 3, 2017, 9:06 am

Yeah, I know how it feels when you don't follow the rules and people get so angry without a real reason.

I can't understand why people can't be more friendly. It could be much less wasted time and efforts if there wasn't so unrespectful tone in replies... Like a teacher to a student.

I had no bad intentions here. Just hoped that I could find a help. Not for free (that's why I mentioned my 3x, sorry that it was so obvious, I explained a logic in a previous message)... But faced something different.

I understand that there is no help I could expect in this thread for solving my problem. So relax I'm not going to bother you with this any longer,

Have a good day

Last edited by Pat89339; Sep 4, 2017 at 1:49 am Reason: TOS 18
Old Sep 4, 2017, 2:41 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, Herz Gold, Regus Businessworld Gold
Yeah, I know how it feels when you don't follow the rules and people get so angry without a real reason.

I can't understand why people can't be more friendly. It could be much less wasted time and efforts if there wasn't so unrespectful tone in replies... Like a teacher to a student.

I had no bad intentions here. Just hoped that I could find a help. Not for free (that's why I mentioned my 3x, sorry that it was so obvious, I explained a logic in a previous message)... But faced something different.

I understand that there is no help I could expect in this thread for solving my problem. So relax I'm not going to bother you with this any longer,

Have a good day
People are here more than friendly if you prove real effort. This thread is different from the others and the study of previous posts will move you on. Violation of rules and disclosure to you of "coded" places now means frequent ending of opportunities for others. It's more than a real reason

P.S. The best things are free...
Calgary88 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.