Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2017, 7:04 am

Well damn. My ET flights cancelled too. Got email from expedia
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
Originally Posted by Gabller
Also ET gives you a free hotel in ADD if you have a long layover (with all meals included).
Personal experience, dont count on it if you are flying on a FD...
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:59 am

Is it possible?

Originally Posted by jorun
a lot of tricks are really hard to find. For example when all the people was focused on the AZ flr-dus mistake there was a similar mistake in economy class and no one found it (I posted it 2 times in the trick it thread).

So my point was only to clarify the strange thing on ITA and I'm sure Missgal will clarify as soon as possible......
This is a question for anyone, but maybe you know.
Is it possible to 3x strike EK? This is my first attempt and I found a great flight but can't seem to find anything else that fits (hundreds and hundreds of attempts on ITA). If it's not possible I'll just cut my losses and pay full price. I'm a student so saving a couple hundred makes a world of difference.

Thanks

Last edited by justgettingstarted; Mar 26, 2017 at 11:30 am
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by justgettingstarted
This is a question for anyone, but maybe you know.
Is it possible to 3x strike EK? This is my first attempt and I found a great flight but can't seem to find anything else that fits (hundreds and hundreds of attempts on ITA). If it's not possible I'll just cut my losses and pay full price. I'm a student so saving a couple hundred makes a world of differenc

Thanks
Depending on your point of departure and your destination, the Saudi Strike may come in handy. That trick was extremely popular back in 2011 -2013 and works again but not in the traditional way.

@justgettingstarted. Welcome to FT. Here on Trick-It generally we are talking savings much much greater than "just a couple hundred dollars" as you state. Some carriers have YQ as high as $ 700.00.

I am highly confident that if you wait long enough you will get a clear and concise answer from your addressee to your question.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Mar 27, 2017 at 6:28 am
Old Mar 26, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: pandas
Originally Posted by jorun
a lot of tricks are really hard to find. For example when all the people was focused on the AZ flr-dus mistake there was a similar mistake in economy class and no one found it (I posted it 2 times in the trick it thread).

So my point was only to clarify the strange thing on ITA and I'm sure Missgal will clarify as soon as possible......
Yeah, every so often, there is a mistake like that which goes unnoticed. Last one I saw stayed alive for a few months...Originating in C4, not many people here who would have been able to use it though...
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:33 pm

@WWE

savings or earnings?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: Various
Oh well...

1. Deal didnt last just 56 mins...lasted more than that...the assumption I found and immediately posted is not correct.

2. Jorun...Finding my deal would have been feasible if you could crack the puzzle (not randomly but by methodical ). Icon elzzup

3. Lots of request to post this historical deal....Ok..by that logic please can everyone else publish their historic deals.

4. I am angry and upset with the negativity here on this foruwm ..a few members only come alive in groups to mow down others...I wont hesitate a bit to publish all the live ones and follow Mr Leff ...I guess everyone who holds even a single strike has that power and should use it if they can afford to...I know I can and will if need to prove my point....

There are only a few competent Fders who would then remain ...survival of the fittest...I guess...

5. Finally, I am neither responsible for your competence or incompetence. Read the very last rule of the FT and "move on......"

Those who were interested to know if I made it....will send you a pm...

Ps. Never take anyone's silence as acceptance of anything....million reasons for someone to not able to or should reply. ....Challen dna em eg
Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:31 pm

Programs: *A Gold
Wow! This thread is hot tonight!!

Here I have QR: DOH-LHR in J (that too in A350)... no special tricks, no strikes completely fat-free. Hints and PMs are encouraged.

Last edited by travelhits; Mar 27, 2017 at 6:44 pm
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Your translator made a mistake because I omitted spaces.
"You do not have an actual ticket - I do."
Change video to ticket
Mine 109, 78 Euros. Maybe I will post entire construction in the over night hours.
And once again I confirm you didn't get the deal. So I invited you to check again because you are out of the road. you are talking about a different deal and your 109€ is another proof of how waste money since you missed the true deal also on this mistake .

Originally Posted by missgal
2. Jorun...Finding my deal would have been feasible if you could crack the puzzle (not randomly but by methodical ). Icon elzzup

3. Lots of request to post this historical deal....Ok..by that logic please can everyone else publish their historic deals.
I don't understand why you are trying to avoid directly my question. I'm not asking if your deal was a super crazy construction or if it is feasible etc... .
I'm only asking why the Icons order (layover and overnight) in your screenshot was inverted. Do you think that answer directly to this question can compromise anything?

Once the historical deal of this c3-c1 RT J class will end I will send you a pm with the historical deal but only with your promise that you will explain everyone here the matter about the icons order.

Last edited by jorun; Mar 28, 2017 at 9:34 am
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by missgal
Let's start:
https://postimg.cc/image/y4y9ozgpf/
put the same information and enjoy how many fare basis coded had the same routing rules.

now it is your turn
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:58 am

Start respecting posting rules

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
(...) Maybe I will post entire construction in the over night hours.

Probably not. Even if it is pretty tempting for you to use this thread as a platform to boost sales, you have to follow the rules.

As a gentle reminder:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...ck-thread.html

(...)
3. Code any “tricks”.
4. Do not post screenshots of your “tricks” or outside links to images of any sort.
(...)

Even if you are trying to make your potential customers believe you own this thread, you clearly do not.
You are just a standard member that has to respect the rules as anyone else has to.

Btw, Posting a copy of a full eticket violates #4 , too.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:59 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Change of pace, please.

Does anybody know which OTAs can (1) do mixed cabin tickets (ideally, specified segment by segment), and (2) will also accept br cities as valid origins?

No explicit names here, a pm would be most appreciated.

(Yes I can fly my X's, so no worries on that score.)
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:02 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
MODERATOR WARNING:

This thread had veered off course. Personal attacks/harassment will not be tolerated.

I remind you of Rule 12, although some of you should have memorized it by now. Pay specific attention to Rules 12.2 and 12.3
12. Abusive Or Disruptive Behavior Or Content

12.1 Friendly, Respectful and Welcoming

FlyerTalk is a community and is intended to be a friendly, helpful and collegial place.

Please post in a friendly, respectful, welcoming manner. 'Snarky,' unfriendly posts will not be allowed. If you don't have something constructive to contribute to a thread, please do not post.

Unhelpful posts, such as "Do a search" or those that merely comment on the worthiness of others' posts or threads are neither friendly nor welcoming and will not be allowed. If you can't be helpful or contribute substantive content to a thread, please refrain from posting.

12.2 Avoid Getting Personal

If you have a difference of opinion with another member, challenge the idea — NOT the person. Getting personal with another member is not allowed. Personal attacks, insults, baiting and flaming will not be tolerated.

FlyerTalk is a diverse, multi-cultural community. Expressions of prejudice or discrimination in any form are not permitted (such as those concerning race, nationality, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, etc).

If another member gets personal with you, do not retaliate. Retaliation may well subject you to the same discipline. Instead, please use the 'Alert a moderator to this thread' button in the lower-left-hand-corner of each post, send a note explaining your concern to the moderator team, and leave it to them to handle. Please also see Rule 22 — When you believe someone has violated the rules.

12.3 Disruptive or repetitive posting

Posts that are inflammatory, inciting or unnecessarily provocative are not allowed.

Disrupting a forum by repetitively posting comments of the same general theme or 'piling-on' by posting merely to reinforce or bump a prior post of a disruptive nature are both examples of disruptive posting and not permitted.

Pat89339, Moderator Mileage Run Forum
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:18 am

C2-C4 €242 AI R/T, OJ possible
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:39 am

C3-c1 RT J class for less than 200€ AI.

Also take a look at my post #45535

And since I posted a true J deal, and also the historic AZ mistake as per missgal request (post #45535 ), we are still waiting for her/his reply about the ITA icons order

I'm also willing to post the historic fare of this c3-c1 rt J class mistake when the deal will be over as per missgal request (see her point 3).

Last edited by Pat89339; Mar 29, 2017 at 1:40 am Reason: TOS 18

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.