Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

2012 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2012, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
YR has historically been harder to dump, so:

Does anyone think this is going to have a significant affect on dumping AA itineraries?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...nge-yq-yr.html
Old Jun 2, 2012, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by DWFI

Does anyone think this is going to have a significant affect on dumping AA itineraries?
I just tried a few simple 3Xs still dumps but shows YR instead of YQ.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 7:06 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by weegiewife
Hmmm, pineapple poke did a Lazarus? No wonder your monitor drank your cuba libre with you!

What is PineApple Poke? Oahu or Aloha Airlines or what?

WOuld be nice if the world knew how to communicate.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL

I just saw this too, but like Irrawaddy did not see any problem when trying out a 3x. Same effect, numbers are slightly different now.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by youngmcdonald
Fidel is the same dump you posted From the city close to you... It's all over the blogs now.

No hints on 3x/4x dump - it's an old thing and quite commonly known but way too valuable to share.
I have been on ft since 2003.
Can you share the 3x/4x dump?
Or route me to the specific link that does.

Thanks
Old Jun 2, 2012, 11:01 pm

Won't anyone help?

3X....Hawaiian Poke???????

Confusing
Old Jun 3, 2012, 1:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
You have to read and figure it out yourself.
No one is simply going to give you the answer, whether in public or via PM. It's too valuable.
If you start at page 1, within 15 minutes you should know what a 3X is.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 2:48 am

Skyscanner shows great prices one of the ST carriers but after redirecting it increases dramatically.
Any ideas for fiendly OTA? Maybe someone experienced such case?
Old Jun 3, 2012, 3:19 am
GmK

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by BoaVista
Skyscanner shows great prices one of the ST carriers but after redirecting it increases dramatically.
Any ideas for fiendly OTA? Maybe someone experienced such case?
Check the corresponding fare rule, it is very likely that the addition of your 3x makes the booking class jump. ST likes to do that recently
Old Jun 3, 2012, 3:28 am

But it is just simple search, no OJ, no 3x
Just a fare error I guess. Skyscanner gives less than half of the common price but where to buy it..?
Old Jun 3, 2012, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by jogb
C2-C1 from late august, also september and so on
around 336€ all in, dumped only half YQ ;(
Hello

It is my first post. Well I read a lot of post to figure out some 3x code and to understand how to make a FD... I would like to learn better the FD but it isn't so easy for a newbie but i think it's normal

Anyway I'm saw the post above and I begin to understand something with the 3x.

I read about the power of ITA but I have a lot of doubt about it. In this trip C2-C1 I found the 3x and the carriers and I saw that I can also book it on OTA. The price is 357€ ai (in november I found 308€).

When I try to put the trip on ITA and the same carrier etc... I never have the FD! ITA give me always a price over 500€. So I noticed that ITA don't give me the same flight numer for those carriers. So I forced it to find the same flight number of the OTA but ITA can't find it!

Precisely the first leg is a codeshare operated by another ST carrier. ITA will never give me this codeshare option and if I put the flight number ITA said "No flights found".

Did I do mistakes? What's the problem with ita? I would like if someone with experience can help me in PM because it's not easy to speak with code and I have precisely question...

Thanks

Last edited by jorun; Jun 3, 2012 at 4:27 am
Old Jun 3, 2012, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by youngmcdonald
I've also seen some 3x/4x C2-C3 dumps with the Poke
C2-C3 with the Poke? I've seen the Poke only with ex-C1...
Old Jun 3, 2012, 4:38 am

Lots of really low post count posters with knowledge of the sport stepping in right now...
Old Jun 3, 2012, 4:56 am

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by jorun
When I try to put the trip on ITA and the same carrier etc... I never have the FD! ITA give me always a price over 500€. So I noticed that ITA don't give me the same flight numer for those carriers. So I forced it to find the same flight number of the OTA but ITA can't find it!
It's always safe to assume that ITA is applying the rules correctly. If you can price a FD on an OTA but not on ITA then the former (or the GDS it uses) has a hole.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by FrankTalk
It's always safe to assume that ITA is applying the rules correctly. If you can price a FD on an OTA but not on ITA then the former (or the GDS it uses) has a hole.
Uhm ok but the problem is that ITA never found a specif flight. I can't explain the problem here so i try to explain in different way.

If I go in ita and for example I go in one-way and I put MAD-JFK carrier UX and I forced ita to find the flight number UX3391 , ITA never find it....can I sent you a pm so I will explain better the problem?

Second problem

I try again in ITA with different dates and I did the FD.

There is one thing that I don't understand about this FD. I thought that this FD is for the 3x but I'm not sure :/

Tell me if I understand: when I use the 3x I will have three fare, right? I mean fare 1 (first leg), fare 2 (second leg) and fare 3(third leg aka 3x). But if I did the FD with just two fare, it isn't a 3x but it is a OJ?

Let me to explain better: I go on ITA and I click multi-city. I put the first, second and third legs but at the finish ITA give me only two fare......so I have the FD but I don't do the 3x O_o....

Last edited by jorun; Jun 3, 2012 at 5:33 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.